JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Test fit some of the ROAM prototype steps on the Gladiator.
Roam Gladiator Steps.jpg
These are very promising but the rear step needs to be as wide as the rear door, just like the front is. Then, I’m in.
Sponsored

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
These are very promising but the rear step needs to be as wide as the rear door, just like the front is. Then, I’m in.
I agree the rear step should be wider... but at this point I just want to give them my money!!! Been waiting to lift my Gladdy until I could put steps on for the kiddos. Hinges and rear fenders have been taking a beating waiting as well.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I was just literally hovering my finger over the “place order” button for some N-FAB steps when I stopped and read this thread. These are awesome and they need to hurry up! I’ll wait. The wife will need to stfu in the meantime!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Hey @TTEChris, this was on the JL sister site(or is that a brother site?)
I'm wondering if it's harder to design frame mounted ones, so the tollerences need to be that much tighter.... I'd say if the owner installed them properly, a hands width gap is excessive. Maybe I should just get body mounted ones.......

QUOTE "I just orders and installed your ROAM JLU frame mounted rock sliders and have a number of issues with them

1. mixed hardware. Had to make a journey to get something long enough to for the mounts.
2. Both studs broke on the passenger side logo blank off plate goes. There was a lot of paint over spray in the studs
3. The front of the drivers side has a gap, that when mounted/pushed in as far as it goes, I can fit most of my hand through. It’s very visible. The passenger side installed fine outside of the broken studs.

I sent you an email with photos and requested instructions for return and refund.

can you contact me please?

c675089e-7da1-47d7-83b5-84081838787d-jpeg.jpg

648f4b69-3289-4946-9bec-08b6d80f59eb-jpeg.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Hey @TTEChris, this was on the JL sister site(or is that a brother site?)
I'm wondering if it's harder to design frame mounted ones, so the tollerences need to be that much tighter.... I'd say if the owner installed them properly, a hands width gap is excessive. Maybe I should just get body mounted ones.......

QUOTE "I just orders and installed your ROAM JLU frame mounted rock sliders and have a number of issues with them

1. mixed hardware. Had to make a journey to get something long enough to for the mounts.
2. Both studs broke on the passenger side logo blank off plate goes. There was a lot of paint over spray in the studs
3. The front of the drivers side has a gap, that when mounted/pushed in as far as it goes, I can fit most of my hand through. It’s very visible. The passenger side installed fine outside of the broken studs.

I sent you an email with photos and requested instructions for return and refund.

can you contact me please?

c675089e-7da1-47d7-83b5-84081838787d-jpeg.jpg

648f4b69-3289-4946-9bec-08b6d80f59eb-jpeg.jpg
I've installed a few of the frame mount versions on JL's and the gap was always about a finger width from front to back. The body mount I was able to get much closer (almost touching the body). The frame mount will always need a gap due to the flex of the body on the body mounts. On our 2dr we didn't like the finger width gap so we went back to the body mount brackets.

Either he recieved some wrong brackets or a bad "batch" as the gap should be consistent.

The Gladiator set still need some work to be perfect, but I'm sure they will get there soon enough.

Sponsored

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
yeah i think so too. i've been trying to go through a bunch of frame mounted rock rails for JLs to see what MIGHT BE COMING TO jt. So far i think i like these best. They're frame mounted, i think sit higher than the lower part of frame rail, have integrated LED lights, which I think is cool, if you don't, don't hook em up.
maxresdefault.jpg

I've also considered the RSE rock sliders, but damn they're pricey, also the step is super small. Not sure that I would require that much assist, but with a 2" lift and possibly 35" tires, maybe this 5'7" guy would like them..... Also i'm thinking my boys are 2.5 and 5, not sure which is easier/safer for them climbing in.
badge_shot_step_open_1.png

EDIT: Too bad these RSE ones are body mounted....

Discovered over the weekend after an hour driving in snow at 21F that the steps would be iced in and wouldn't deploy..

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
I've installed a few of the frame mount versions on JL's and the gap was always about a finger width from front to back. The body mount I was able to get much closer (almost touching the body). The frame mount will always need a gap due to the flex of the body on the body mounts. On our 2dr we didn't like the finger width gap so we went back to the body mount brackets.

Either he recieved some wrong brackets or a bad "batch" as the gap should be consistent.

The Gladiator set still need some work to be perfect, but I'm sure they will get there soon enough.

How close do you think they are to Final product? Just wondering if I should try something alittle cheaper until these are available, if it’s gonna be too much longer

MalikBBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi - 2020
Was the install hard? Any issues getting the body mount bolts off?
The Body Mount Bolts took some time for sure. My Mechanic Buddy has to use a high powered gun and it took some time to loosen up for sure.
Other than that, he had to use a a Stepped Drill Bit to widen the holes, as some weren’t lining up and/or wide enough.
Once he got the one side done (40mins), the other side took about 10mins. It looked harder than it was and came out really nice!

Sponsored

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
The Body Mount Bolts took some time for sure. My Mechanic Buddy has to use a high powered gun and it took some time to loosen up for sure.
Other than that, he had to use a a Stepped Drill Bit to widen the holes, as some weren’t lining up and/or wide enough.
Once he got the one side done (40mins), the other side took about 10mins. It looked harder than it was and came out really nice!
Adding heat to those bolts definitely help make it easier. I did mine (Rock Hard, angled up) this past week using a heat gun.
IMG_20200101_160134.jpg

Heathsrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Adding heat to those bolts definitely help make it easier. I did mine (Rock Hard, angled up) this past week using a heat gun.
IMG_20200101_160134.jpg
I am planning on doing mine myself as well. How long did you put the heat gun on each bolt for? Temp?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Discovered over the weekend after an hour driving in snow at 21F that the steps would be iced in and wouldn't deploy..
so you have the RSE steps and they wouldn't deploy because of ice/snow?

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
so you have the RSE steps and they wouldn't deploy because of ice/snow?

One side didn't deploy. Bear in mind though that I had been offroading in sand/creeks/mud and finally snow for two days. Temps that morning were 11F. Those steps were encased..
Sponsored