Rock Rails Thread

Tom in Long Island NY

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Gladiator LE
JCR's Rock Sliders have some design features I like including square tube under and round tube outside but they are body AND frame mounted.

They are open design which is not my favorite and I'm not a big fan of the bent steel pieces they use in between the square and outside round tubes.

JTSL-CL2_8.jpg

JTSL-CL2_1.jpg

Body mount for me is a non-starter and I personally wouldn't want to see the hardware (through the pinch seam) but that's just my opinion...

JTSL-CL2_3.jpg

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTSL-CL2.html
JCR here too. Like them a lot. had them linex'd before install.

20191004_092100.jpg
Sponsored

MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I can wait. Still haven't seen an alternative I like better, and don't want to regret settling for something else down the road.
yoda-patience-young-padawan.jpg
Honestly, yeah it's annoying, but I've already waited this long. And Like AC, I haven't seen anything I like better. As for the price, they're almost the same price as the Rock Hard or JCR, and significantly less expensive than Fab 4's. Yeah I'm waiting to get what i want and to do it right the first time.

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
I had Roam on my JL and I will definitely wait for them. Excellent design and great look. The frame tabs where a bit of a pain, but I liked how they held the rails to the frame, the stability, without having to drill anything.

Sponsored

TLife

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - Hydro Blue
Occupation
EE

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thank you for sharing, this is exactly what the misses needs. Removable steps for the trails.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
LOD just put some details out about their upcoming sliders, it looks like an interesting design with removable lower step. (The image appears to be more JL length than JT, guessing they just made one image)

2020_armorlite_rockslider_releasead_1080x1080-2.jpg

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...iator-armor-lite-rocksliders-coming-soon.html
Glad you posted this - I got it in the email today too.

Appears they have either individual lower steps or one longer lower step and both are, as you said, removable.

Looks like it's aluminum but with a steel protective shield?

Not my cup of tea but LoD has great product design and quality.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I've installed a few of the frame mount versions on JL's and the gap was always about a finger width from front to back. The body mount I was able to get much closer (almost touching the body). The frame mount will always need a gap due to the flex of the body on the body mounts. On our 2dr we didn't like the finger width gap so we went back to the body mount brackets.

Either he recieved some wrong brackets or a bad "batch" as the gap should be consistent.

The Gladiator set still need some work to be perfect, but I'm sure they will get there soon enough.

Hey @TTEChris any news on these that you’ve heard of?

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Westcoastflea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 6spd

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
Anyone have experience with American Trail Products and their Rock Rail Side Steps?

http://americantrailproducts.com/Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Rock-Rail-Side-Steps_p_116.html

upload_2020-1-26_15-58-5.png

I'll looking for good protection, high clearance, with a step of some sort.
I love the Rock Slide Engineering and AMP powered steps - but can't justify the cost.

seen these just the other day and was gonna ask the same. Also in the same boat as you, like the rockslide and Aries power steps, and a few others out there, but really trying to keep it sub $1000 and really would rather to keep it sub $700