Rock Rails Thread

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Exactly! You have to think fourth dimensionally, Marty, lol. Northridge has free shipping and if you watch the LiteBrite videos on youtube, you can use that coupon to save another 5%. I bet if you call Rock Hard direct, they will match or come close and you might get it even quicker. I only had to go to the local fedex terminal to pick up mine.
Cyek733XAAAPh-_.jpg
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Pulled the trigger on the Rock Hard sliders with downward tilt (wife is a midget, needs all the help she can get) from Quadratech this morning.
Just got an email saying they are already in the "drop ship" process.

Question, which grip tape have you guys found that holds up best to being in the elements?

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Pulled the trigger on the Rock Hard sliders with downward tilt (wife is a midget, needs all the help she can get) from Quadratech this morning.
Just got an email saying they are already in the "drop ship" process.

Question, which grip tape have you guys found that holds up best to being in the elements?
Are yours coming powder coated I assume?

In the past I painted my sliders with rustoleom (Primer and then black) I used 3m grip tape and it needed to be replaced every year and a half or so as the driver door grit area would wear out from in and out well before the bond would come off or it would start peeling. The first time I did it I used grip tape the whole length. When I redid it I had to remove it with a wire wheel the whole length and repaint (you don’t want to do that with powder coat.)

I then did about 1 foot sections under the driver and passenger doors. With a gap then long piece from the rear doors to the length of the bed as those are low foot impact for me. So I could replace short sections on the driver side often without a big job.

bjdenning

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR
Are there any sliders that install to the frame around the factory Rubi-rails? Other than the Ace.
For those with the Rock Hard sliders, is there an unseemly gap between the rail and the body?

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
I saw a photo today of the Road Armor stealth side steps, and believe it or not they are available now and not under design.

78B3AEB4-2257-4B2C-83A4-9CF6B2FFA885.jpeg

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I saw a photo today of the Road Armor stealth side steps, and believe it or not they are available now and not under design.

youch...... They do have a 20% off corona coupon right now.

These are now on my list with LOD and ROAM.
upload_2020-3-28_17-58-29.png

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I use Shur Tape, bought at Lowe's. Put just on the very top so you don't abrade your pants or leg getting in or out if not using them.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Also, the frame is supposedly high strength steel. When Ram went to it about 7 years ago, there was a flurry of threads about welding onto it. The consensus was don't do it because the steel is heat treated at the factory.

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
youch...... They do have a 20% off corona coupon right now.

These are now on my list with LOD and ROAM.
upload_2020-3-28_17-58-29.png
I was super interested and read the install manual. It appears it is body mounted to the lip. I’m thinking for pivoting and using it to push against an obstacle I would want it frame mounted.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
o was super interested and read the install manual. It appears it is body mounted to the lip. I’m thinking for pivoting and using it to push against an obstacle I would want it frame mounted.
I would assume so.

The roam and LOD ones i think are both frame mounted.

SCPHINX

First Name
S. C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
After reading this forum and others I have narrowed my final choices to either
JCR Classic Sliders or the ShrockWorks Rock Sliders. Any advice / experience with either one would be appreciated. Can anyone share photos of ShrockWorks with step?

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer

Can't say I like the design of these better than the "Coming Soon ;)" rails by ROAM and LoD. Might be a fall-back option but otherwise still waiting for what I really want. Hope the employees at ROAM/LoD are practicing social distancing while they work!!!