Sponsored

Roof Top Tent. Should I or Shouldn't I...

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
I am seriously debating whether to get an RTT. A good popup ground tent like Gazelle gives far more space and is a quick setup. I am not sure want to spend that much extra especially since we are a family of four. We are going to rough it out couple of times with a quick popup ground tent like Gazelle and also rent out a trailer like an X-adventure or an Alpha.
If I go wheeling, I will be alone or with my wife so I can quickly setup a 2 person ground tent.
Don't know yet. I should really want it to get it.
Sponsored

ron168

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubi, '20 JT Rubi LE, '17 GLS63
I am seriously debating whether to get an RTT. A good popup ground tent like Gazelle gives far more space and is a quick setup. I am not sure want to spend that much extra especially since we are a family of four. We are going to rough it out couple of times with a quick popup ground tent like Gazelle and also rent out a trailer like an X-adventure or an Alpha.
If I go wheeling, I will be alone or with my wife so I can quickly setup a 2 person ground tent.
I find that the RTT and an Annex provides plenty of space for 4+. Once you get used to it, it's a 10 minute exercise open and close. The RTT mattress is really comfortable. We've had 3 in the RTT and 2 in the Annex on Cots. Last trip we brought our canoe and paddle boards. Couldn't be happier with the setup.

IMG_3580.jpeg

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Rent the trailer and see how you like that with the RTT.
I have an older Cabela's truck tent that is essentially a cabin tent that extends over and wraps around the back of the truck like a sock. The neat part of that is that you can disconnect from the truck and leave the tent standing.
However, I do have a RTT on it's way. Anything to make it more enticing for the wife. The annex makes room for extra people and there are roll bar hammocks out there for the kids.

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
I find that the RTT and an Annex provides plenty of space for 4+. Once you get used to it, it's a 10 minute exercise open and close. The RTT mattress is really comfortable. We've had 3 in the RTT and 2 in the Annex on Cots. Last trip we brought our canoe and paddle boards. Couldn't be happier with the setup.

Jeep Gladiator Roof Top Tent. Should I or Shouldn't I... IMG_3580
How do you like the ROAM tent. I like Annex if they have a closed flooring unlike iKamper or Roofnest Annex.

ron168

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubi, '20 JT Rubi LE, '17 GLS63
How do you like the ROAM tent. I like Annex if they have a closed flooring unlike iKamper or Roofnest Annex.
I like it a lot. The cover is very thick and durable. Has the rainfly which is effective. The annex does have a removable floor. It keeps the bugs and moisture out. The prices went up on these, but still less than a hard cover tent.
Sponsored