2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude

Jtschnel

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone running these? If so, how do you like them? They are on sale and I’m considering getting them for the passengers who lose all brain function when figuring out how to get in 😂.

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/electric-running-boards-psr610530

Or if there are any comparables let me know.
Have no experience with that particular brand, but if you’re looking for steps that offer rock slide protection, I don’t think they’d be what you need.

The Amp Research steps look to have a larger platform for your foot, but they are much more expensive. If I was looking for a power step only, I’d give them a good look.

AverageJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Engineering consultant
I really like the looks of them. I did look at the installation instructions and don't particularly like having to run the switch wiring up through the passenger side drain plug. I would probably splice the power wiring and use one of my auxiliary switches to power them instead of using their stick-on switch.

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
As long as you don't plan to go off road, they look like a decent option. You absolutely could use an aux switch to power the steps.

I like the use of the magnet sensors like the Rock Slide steps for the doors instead of Amp's way of hacking the factory wiring.

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
There was a positive review on here not long ago about the Rough Country steps but I can't find it now. I'm about halfway thru installing a 2 1/2" Clayton lift now and my wife already commented about needing power steps. The one I've been looking at are AMP and RSE but they are both twice the price. If these work well I may try them

Sponsored

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
There was a positive review on here not long ago about the Rough Country steps but I can't find it now. I'm about halfway thru installing a 2 1/2" Clayton lift now and my wife already commented about needing power steps. The one I've been looking at are AMP and RSE but they are both twice the price. If these work well I may try them
If you plan on going off road, the RSE steps are really the only good option. Other than that, these steps look like a really affordable option.

OP
OP
High Alextude

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
I know cheaper isn’t always the way and I’ve stayed away from RC products for a long time, but I may pull the trigger on these soon. Appreciate the feedback and will keep everyone posted.

No rock crawling here. Only sand and dirt roads.

Mays9185

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
I know cheaper isn’t always the way and I’ve stayed away from RC products for a long time, but I may pull the trigger on these soon. Appreciate the feedback and will keep everyone posted.

Rough country has greatly improved on their products. Their customer service is 2nd to none. I use to run them and never had a issue. This time went with a Fabtech lift $2000 later got a busted shock. Tried to warranty it out and crickets they won't respond. So expensive isn't worth the hype.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer

Rough country products lately have been a decent "bang for your buck" option. I bought a set of their molle panels for my JT, and installed a set of their fender flares and liners on my sisters JKU.

They both had some quirks and fiddling during the install, but I was able to work around them. Once they were on the Jeeps, I was happy with them, especially for the price.

They aren't top of the line, but they get the job done at a reasonable price with a reasonable warranty.

Kevlarr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ Frankenrubicon, 2022 Gladiator diesel rub
Occupation
contractor
I installed these today. They took me about 8 hours including the reading instructions and watching youtube videos to figure out the install. They were $1,100 on a Black Friday sale and obviously (free for me) install. They work great. Not quite as wide as the power steps I had stock on my Dodge Ram. I also had a pair installed on my other truck and they were $2000 plus install which would have been $500 but I waited till there was a free install sale. I’ll do. Write up and include pictures.

Sponsored

ATDABCH

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator and 1961 CJ3B
Thanks. I did the install last week. Like you, it took about 8 hours. Videos and trial and error. The instruction are horrible.
I really like the boards. My little 5'2" wife can now walk in and not have to climb.
My advice to the next guy, is put the motors 3rd bolt in as the last step. You'll know the one. Would have saved a lot of time and sore fingers.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Do they attach to the JT body bolts?

ATDABCH

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator and 1961 CJ3B
Most do. You have to drill 2 holes. Nuts are provided for a few. For 3rd bolt on motor. The arms need to be extended(powered). So do that as the last step.

csandoval1988

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Just received my RC steps. To be clear for anybody wondering, they DO NOT attach to the body bolts. This is great, since it avoids broken body bolts!
Sponsored