Sponsored

RSI Smartcap

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I just know from experience helping my buddies work on their rigs that if no spec is listed, they’re torquing it as much as their ego allows them... at least it seems that way. Way overkill lol
Mine do seem pretty tight - I think the vendor that did my install watched the install video on YouTube that I *think* mentions torque specs for the clamps...if the paper directions don't tho, they may have just made them super tight.

This could perhaps be part of the issue - I will see what RSI comes up with and might loosen my clamps up in addition to what they suggest if it still seems a little tight.
Sponsored

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
I ordered in Sept. If you guys from July are just getting them, I feel like late December is more realistic for me. At least I can just play it off as a Christmas present. :LOL:
Is there a recommended torque spec for clamping the top to the bed? Could help alleviate inconsistencies
Yes, we do provide torque specs in the instructions for FT-LB, IN-LB, and NM.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I did a pre-order from Offroad Alliance on July 30th, and paid the balance on October 24th. I also ordered one of the tables on the 24th. Other than the order confirmation email, I have not heard anything from them.
I got a call from the freight company today. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow afternoon.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I wonder if instead of multiple pads at clamping locations, perhaps just a strip the entire length on each side, possibly glued to underside of cap inboard of the gasket, and like RSI is saying maybe just a bit thicker, but alas even Mr. Bill is getting one before me, so I appreciate all you friends working through the minor fitment issues for me . 😆😂🤣😅😆😁😃

Haha!......Jack🤪

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It showed up today, and in good shape. Everything is just hand tight, but I got it assembled. Tomorrow I'll tighten it up and put the weather seal around the bottom. Then I just need to find some help to mount it.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20201119_174523
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20201119_145059
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20201119_132058

Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
It showed up today, and in good shape. Everything is just hand tight, but I got it assembled. Tomorrow I'll tighten it up and put the weather seal around the bottom. Then I just need to find some help to mount it.

Awesome!

Interested to see if yours also has tightness issues with the tailgate and with the rear window.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Where is everyone, who has received theirs, getting theirs shipped in from? Both RSI and Offroad Alliance shows Jan now for incoming

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Where is everyone, who has received theirs, getting theirs shipped in from? Both RSI and Offroad Alliance shows Jan now for incoming
Colorado Springs, had it shipped to a dealer in Pueblo because they were the first to actually call me back. I also set up my pre-order the day they started taking them, so I got one of the very first Gladiator ones anywhere I think.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
If you are referring to a SmartCap EVOc then January is the correct date. However, if you are referring to a SmartCap EVO Sport, we have shipments with Gladiator caps coming in almost every 2 weeks. Also note, while we have visibility to product arriving in the states, we don’t know where individual consumers are in the que for that inventory. That would be information our distributor could share with the respective dealers. Consequently, our advice is to remain in contact with your dealer, as they will be the best source for updated news.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
ORA let me know today that mine is slated to ship 12/12. I ordered and paid in full on 11/12 with them after trying to preorder months earlier through 2 other dealers locally who completely sucked.
I noticed that Northridge 4x4 sells RSI also, I would have gone through them had I known as they have always been exceptional to deal with.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Should I be concerned about the apparent length of time for assembly? I'm up in AK...i only have so much sunlight when mine actually arrives....

; )
You should be good. Mine was delivered about 1:30, and I quit about 5:30. Sunset is 4:30, but I had the wall light to help. It takes a little work to get some of the holes to align, but not too difficult. It does take a little time to remove the bolt assemblies from the front and rear pieces. It is shipped with them installed.

The assembly instructions are actually pretty good. Read through them first, and you should be able to do the initial assembly fairly quick and easy. I don't move real fast, so I'm not the best for doing time estimates. The shipping container for the roof is the assembly platform, so watch the labels and open it carefully.

Last edited:

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
@RSI North America Inc
Wondering if there are any updates on addressing the issue with the extremely tight seals on the rear window and the corners of the tailgate?
You bet. We are going to be testing a 13-14mm (approx. 1/2”) dense rubber block positioned between the cap and the bedrail at the rear corners of the bed (see diagram). This should be enough to keep the tailgate from dragging across the d-rubber, as well as the door gasket from dragging on the tailgate. We intend to do this to our Gladiator over the weekend to prove it out, then we will confirm the results here early in the week.

Adding a Pad By Tailgate.png

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
You bet. We are going to be testing a 13-14mm (approx. 1/2”) dense rubber block positioned between the cap and the bedrail at the rear corners of the bed (see diagram). This should be enough to keep the tailgate from dragging across the d-rubber, as well as the door gasket from dragging on the tailgate. We intend to do this to our Gladiator over the weekend to prove it out, then we will confirm the results here early in the week.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap Adding a Pad By Tailgate
Awesome, looking forward to hearing about how it works out!
Sponsored