First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey folks - went to the RSI website - they have a chance for you to get one free - a holiday promotion.

https://swee.ps/Pzqho_VUykpZc (link adds entries for me, but you can enter and get a link of your own that you can post and send out and get people to add entries for you)

With the responsiveness RSI has shown regarding the seal issue, I am seriously considering their cap for my Gladiator.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
It's a long shot but in case it helps anyone here, Jordan Camper in Midvale, Utah told me this morning that they expect 5 Smartcaps to be delivered any day now for preorders.

@RSI North America Inc do you know if there is stateside inventory for things like the crossbars? Getting excited about next steps and first need something to hold the RTT.

sgumedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Ordered mine July 10. Have communicated between RSI and my dealer. Despite the statement earlier on this thread that they were getting shipments in every two weeks for Gladiator caps, I was told today by RSI that a large shipment is expected December 25 and another one the week after that. So my new expected delivery date is now in January.

Given the statement before about shipments every two weeks, now being told no shipments until December 25, is anyone else getting frustrated? I wouldn’t mind if the original December date had been given, but there’s a clear difference in what’s being stated to customers.

Would love to hear as other people do get their caps.

Sponsored

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
Ordered mine July 10. Have communicated between RSI and my dealer. Despite the statement earlier on this thread that they were getting shipments in every two weeks for Gladiator caps, I was told today by RSI that a large shipment is expected December 25 and another one the week after that. So my new expected delivery date is now in January.

Given the statement before about shipments every two weeks, now being told no shipments until December 25, is anyone else getting frustrated? I wouldn’t mind if the original December date had been given, but there’s a clear difference in what’s being stated to customers.

I did not have any of these communications Issues with Alu-Cab. Was told day it left factory, ship it was going on and container tracking number.

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
I did not have any of these communications Issues with Alu-Cab. Was told day it left factory, ship it was going on and container tracking number.
But the AluCab is ugly. I’d wait twice as long for the RSI.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

Yes, I'm getting this from Offroad Alliance as well. But to be fair, I think they're really coming from RSI in the end. It is very frustrating. I'm going on a road trip soon and was hoping to have it by then.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yes, I'm getting this from Offroad Alliance as well. But to be fair, I think they're really coming from RSI in the end. It is very frustrating. I'm going on a road trip soon and was hoping to have it by then.
I see it listed at Northridge 4x4 and it states that it ships from the manufacturer. And there is a wait of 30 days.

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport

Local dealer told me to that these would be available end of Dec. Your comment supports that claim.
I went to order the ARE CX topper but they had the RSI for the tacoma sitting on the lot.
It is a nice unit. I just wish I could find some better photos on how they sit and how well they follow the lines on the Gladiator.

Is any other dealer charging an install fee?

Sponsored

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Supply seems to be VERY constrained. Enough so that I can't get a replacement roof panel before next year. Luckily, my damage wasn't all that bad. It's currently at a body shop I've worked with in the past to get repaired. RSI is working directly with them to get it sorted out. If I'm not happy with the outcome I can always wait on a new panel.

While not happy about getting damaged product, I'm confident this will get sorted out.

RSI's and Offroad-Alliance's response has been quick and helpful. That's about all you can ask for when something gets screwed up.

I'll post back when my repaired panel is done and I've got it assembled.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I think supply is constrained because it is just rolling out, I ordered July 17th and I have no idea when yet. Tacomas are in stock with six months 0% same as cash. They were one of the first models, the proper conservative thing to do would be to wait until first generstion hits the streets, see what problems there are and then order when they are in stock, which should be couple more months. Problems or comments I have heard so far are shipping damage which apparently they are changing packaging and the rear lift hatch gets tight which they are working on. Lucky SOBs that got them seem really impressed with Quality. I get it when I get it!......jack

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Have a request of the lucky ones that got a cap, what is the dimensions of the flat surface on underside of top. I’m planning on insulating the underside of top and putting red and white lights at hatches, and am planning on getting a piece of white pebbled plastic sheet to put up ontop of insulation and would need the four rows of screws the hold it and my home made table holder up, might as well start getting the stuff together. Thank you!......Jack

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Awesome, looking forward to hearing about how it works out!
Thank you for your patience. We were able to conduct the fitment on our Gladiator and have concluded that adding 9/16th (14.25mm) rubber blocks near the tailgate will correct the issue (see attached diagram and videos).

We replaced our d-gasket before testing to ensure that our results would match yours. Adding rubber blocks in the positions we indicated elevated the back of the SmartCap just enough to make opening and closing the rear door easy—eliminating excessive wear and tear on the d-gasket.

Dense rubber material is standard and should be easily found in a local hardware store. It should be roughly 1” square by 9/16th tall. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap Adding a Pad By Tailgate
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: