Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I mean I guess it makes sense wrt the rest of their pricing. But definitely makes my EcoD choice more firm.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
mid 70,000 is utterly insane. Wranglers are already too expensive for what they are; even though they are in many ways a class exclusive and the like..there is still some "brand image/market demand" built into it. Thats just reality, and we knew it when we bought them.

But mid 70's to get a v8 motor is nuts. That makes it what? a solid 10-15k to tick that option box? I cant think of a reason a hemi should cost that much....

2 things:
1- hopefully it makes hemi conversions less expensive vis a vis bolt up motor mounts and reducing the amount of custom fabrication required for the swap

2- jeep will sell every single 392 wrangler on the lot, even at that price.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Be patient the price will go down in time, remember the Launch Addition when dealers were asking for a premium price just so the buyers could get a Rubicon with the special wooden sword and leather dash.

When I ordered my JT, I would have paid extra for the standard 5.7 HEMI and the more heavy duty 8-speed transmission over the 3.6, now can't say how much extra I would have paid, but definitely not that kind of money. But I will be happy for those that spend their money to get the 392.

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
mid 70,000 is utterly insane. Wranglers are already too expensive for what they are; even though they are in many ways a class exclusive and the like..there is still some "brand image/market demand" built into it. Thats just reality, and we knew it when we bought them.

But mid 70's to get a v8 motor is nuts. That makes it what? a solid 10-15k to tick that option box? I cant think of a reason a hemi should cost that much....

2 things:
1- hopefully it makes hemi conversions less expensive vis a vis bolt up motor mounts and reducing the amount of custom fabrication required for the swap

2- jeep will sell every single 392 wrangler on the lot, even at that price.
Very curious to see how the supply and demand thing plays out on this.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Let's extrapolate that upcharge in terms of percentage and apply it to a loaded JTR or JTM....how bigga number we talking here?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Its looking like you can get a 3.6, lift it, wheel and tire it, and a supercharge it with a company giving you a warranty for the same money.

i mean, i got my Mojave off the lot for $50l. I knew i wasnt going to be able to haggle it further down because of the trim, options included, and it was the only one in the area; and i had haggled an insane value for my trade. I knew i was going to pay a little more because it was a Mojave, and thats fine. They were ready to let me walk, so i called it good. Its what i wanted. And even then, with the user saying he priced out at 75k for the rubicon 392; thats still 25k above my Mojave. I could hemi swap for the same; or wheel/tire/lift/supercharge and have money left over.

i understand a bit of an up charge, but from my math its more than the diesel option.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
That’s completely on par for any vehicle running a Hemi through Jeep. An SRT Grand Cherokee starts at 67k and the Trackhawk is at 87k. You could definitely shove your own Hemi into your Jeep for less, but how about acknowledge the elephant in the room. The cost of the engine and labor is only a part of what you’re going to need to upgrade to handle the new Hemi so factor in new axles, new suspension, new wheels, new tires, etc... 77k is definitely out of my league but there’s definitely a market that will happily fork that over.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
My big question is: If(and “if” is a very important word here) Jeep ever decides to put the 392 into the Glad, what’s that price gonna look like?!? I know there are official reports of “we have no intentions at this time,” but we all know how that goes...

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
My big question is: If(and “if” is a very important word here) Jeep ever decides to put the 392 into the Glad, what’s that price gonna look like?!? I know there are official reports of “we have no intentions at this time,” but we all know how that goes...
Admittedly without doing a whole lot of research here....I'll bet dollars to donuts the loaded Hemi JTR/M would be closer to $90k than it is to $80k.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Yeah, called that one. There's no way it would be any less than the LE plus the Hemi Tax and it sounds like they even went up from there. Dunno what their plan is here because that price isn't going to make anyone cancel their Bronco preorder. Best part is that's mid-70k before dealer markup and all the other shitty add-ons they'll probably stick on them.

They really should have just done the 5.7L and made it more available but I'm sure they couldn't handle the CAFE hit.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
That's less than I thought tbh

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I'd be happy with the regular 5.7L Hemi V8 that came in the Ram with cylinder shut off technology.

If you need more than 395bhp and 425ft-lbs. then you're into different things than I am.

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
With the new administration coming in and fuel economy requirements that will be instituted I would imagine v8 jeeps might not be a factory option for long. The price is steep but they might end up holding there value depending on production numbers. Not to mention if you don't do the work yourself an engine swap that leaves all the OEM equipment functioning properly will cost you $30,000 plus.
Would have liked to see a better axle upgrade under the v8 jeeps.
Sponsored