First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I snapped these photos at a local dealership. Rubicon and Mojave in the same color, side by side. The 1" higher front end on the Mojave is visible. I also noticed the rear bumper tread areas had a different pattern.

Just thought those cross-shopping would find these interesting.

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon vs Mojave Photos rubicon-vs-mojave1
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon vs Mojave Photos rubicon-vs-mojave2
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon vs Mojave Photos rubicon-vs-mojave3
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon vs Mojave Photos rubicon-vs-mojave4
Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Great thread...here's a few additional pics from a different perspective.

These pics compare my stock Mojave (Gobi) and my buddies Rubicon (Black). The pics were taken immediately after he had a Mopar 2" lift installed but was still on the stock 33" Falken M/T tires. The Mojave is also on stock 33" Falken M/T tires. Both are similar mileage (<2500 miles).

By the time this posts, he will have already installed his new 35" tire/wheel combo but that's another thread. :)

It really shows the apples to apples difference in height between the Rubi w/2" lift vs. the Mojave w/stock suspension - particularly notice the difference in fender and mirror height.

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon vs Mojave Photos Mojave vs Rubicon 2in Lift 1
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon vs Mojave Photos Mojave vs Rubicon 2in Lift 2
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon vs Mojave Photos Mojave vs Rubicon 2in Lift 3

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
@Ravenron your photos also show the hood height differences as well. Notice it right away at the windshield base. I can imagine that the added underhood volume helps with heat in a good way.

OP
OP
Nine Ball

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
@Ravenron your photos also show the hood height differences as well. Notice it right away at the windshield base. I can imagine that the added underhood volume helps with heat in a good way.
I had no idea the Mojave hood itself was taller. I assumed it was just a scoop difference. That pic he posted makes it appear that even the sides of the Mojave hood is taller. Cowl areas different, as well. Interesting.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Mojave hood and cowls are much higher and magnets stick to the Mohave hood, which I can’t confirm but it has been posted here some where. Nice pictires and nice jeeps!

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Yes as previously discussed the hood and cowl have more vertical height, likely for increased high speed low gear cooling.

These photos show it very well.

OP
OP
Nine Ball

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Mojave hood and cowls are much higher and magnets stick to the Mohave hood, which I can’t confirm but it has been posted here some where. Nice pictires and nice jeeps!
I just went out and stuck a magnet to the hood of my Mojave. Confirmed. The cowl corner pieces by the windshield did not stick, just the hood.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I also noticed the rear bumper tread areas had a different pattern.

The Rubi bumper is steel. The Mojave bumper is plastic. I swapped my Mojave bumper for a Rubi one to get the added protection of the steel along with the little under bed skid plate bits.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks Cowboy...I hadn't particularly noticed the hood height differences. Obviously, I knew the hoods are different but wasn't looking at that in the pics. Thanks for pointing that out!

Ron

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
So...here's some follow-up pics from my earlier post. The first post shows my stock Mojave sitting next to my buddies Rubicon with a 2" Mopar lift and stock 33" Falken M/Ts.

These pics show my stock Mojave next to the same Rubicon but now with the 2" Mopar lift and 35" BFG KO2s (I think I got the tire right - they are for sure BFG 35"s). Regardless, you can really see the difference a lift and tires makes for ride height. The Rubi still has a bit of front end rake but the owner likes it that way - the result is it appears to be a bit higher in the rear than the front.

I think it looks really good. Surprising how much larger the Rubi looks in the fourth pic - likely just perspective but, Wow...it really seems to dwarf the Mojave.

What do you guys think?

Height Pics 1a.jpg

Height Pics 4.jpg

Height Pics 5a.jpg

Height Pics 6.jpg

Height Pics 7.jpg

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTM
Your Mojave looks incredible. I personally love the stock wheels on it. Do you plan on keeping them or will you change them out? I wish I could see a pic of it with the 35s on before the lift. Great job -- looks amazing! Your buddy's JTR looks sweet too!

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I saw one on the road and the stance is not unlike the rubicon. It "feels" to the eye less tall only because the hood is so high. Brain interpolates the distance between hood and roof and says " oh silly, it's just not as tall, that's it!". My brain did it to me and I know what to look for. Silly brain.
Sponsored