Sponsored

Rubicon w/ 35’s.

SFC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport, 2000 XJ Cherokee
I ordered my Rubicon in late May with the hope of delivery by Father’s Day. Latest update is July 24th delivery date. Yesterday, I called the dealer and asked how much they would charge for them to keep the stock 33’s and install A/T 35’s. Only $1305 extra! I’m sure my wife won’t mind.

Anyone have photos of their Glads with 35’s w/o a lift?
3E155DCE-F32A-4C46-9DBC-6B6F7EF72820.jpeg
Sponsored

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Check with your small local tire shops. I have a friend locally who was selling these for $600 a set about a year ago on a special purchase. Often times your small tire shops with low overhead have the best deals.
A set of 4 or 5?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Sponsored

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition 2 DR
I’m considering the same. Take delivery of mine in early August. What 35’s are you going with? I was looking at Nitto Ridge Grappler. I think they fit the stock rubicon rim.
They do fit the rubicon stock rim. I got the nitto ridge grapplers 35x12.50 I went with a new rim because of preference and I got a good deal on the rims that I liked. But to answer the question it will fit but depending on what you do with them on the rim will play a major role on how it will affect the tire

Spacecat

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 5-speed, 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Ltd, 1995 Toyota T100 SR5 4x4
I ordered my Rubicon in late May with the hope of delivery by Father’s Day. Latest update is July 24th delivery date. Yesterday, I called the dealer and asked how much they would charge for them to keep the stock 33’s and install A/T 35’s. Only $1305 extra! I’m sure my wife won’t mind.

Anyone have photos of their Glads with 35’s w/o a lift?

Spacecat

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 5-speed, 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Ltd, 1995 Toyota T100 SR5 4x4
I also want to swap my 33s for 35s on my Rubicon. I have a different question. I ordered the "upgrade" optional $995 wheels on my vehicle, but those are the same dimensions as the stock Rubicon wheels: 17" x 7.5" width. Can I use those same wheels for 35s? I intend to do the 2" factory Mopar lift. If I can't use those wheels with 35s then I wasted $995. Feedback on what optimum width wheel would be greatly appreciated. Ancillary question is what "offset", if any, should those wheels be fro the 35s. I haven't seen this discussed anywhere. Thanks. Spacecat.

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
They do fit the rubicon stock rim. I got the nitto ridge grapplers 35x12.50 I went with a new rim because of preference and I got a good deal on the rims that I liked. But to answer the question it will fit but depending on what you do with them on the rim will play a major role on how it will affect the tire
@Jtny213 could you elaborate on your last comment? Just trying to understand if there would be limitations.

Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I just swapped my 285 falken mt tires for a set of 35 falken mt tires that I put on my gladiator rubicon with the factory wheels and they fit perfectly with no rubbing and plenty of room I am putting the rough country 2.5 leveling kit on it Friday would post a picture if I knew how but trust me the 35’s look sharp

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition 2 DR
@Jtny213 could you elaborate on your last comment? Just trying to understand if there would be limitations.
You can potentially run the tire off the bead of the wheel. It all depends on what you’re doing with the truck. Off-roading or is it just for the look? You can get away with the stock rim 17 x 7.50 on the 35x12.50 tire. If your doing serious off roading you can potentially put the tire at risk.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I'm just going to point out that regardless whether you can "fit" a tire with a 12.5" cross section or not on a 7.5" wide wheel, it definitely is not correct.

17“ is diameter, yes it will fit
7.5" is wheel width

12.5" section width is designed in this case on a 10" wheel width. Approved wheel widths are 8.5" to 11"

Will it fit? Yes it fits.
Is it right? Not even close.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
You can potentially run the tire off the bead of the wheel. It all depends on what you’re doing with the truck. Off-roading or is it just for the look? You can get away with the stock rim 17 x 7.50 on the 35x12.50 tire. If your doing serious off roading you can potentially put the tire at risk.
This is absolutely false. People have been running 12.50 wide tires on narrow rims for years. This used to be called the “poor man’s beadlocks”, because the narrow wheel actually helped hold the bead in place in contrast to a wide wheel. The drawback is that it pulls the shoulder of the tread in, creating a more narrow contact patch on the tire.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Most tire stores like tire rack or discount tire places like that want mount a 35 inch tire on a rim that is smaller than an 8.5 wide rim that’s the company policy a mom and pop place will mount anything on any rim I just put the 35’s on the factory rim for looks this gladiator cost to much for anything else but highway use only but the 35’s look great on the factory rim
Sponsored