Sponsored

San Diego Livin = Anywhere else buyin...

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Looking to pull the trigger on an EcoDiesel Rubicon here soon. Now I just need to find the super secret 7-8% below invoice dealers.

I contacted a dealer down here through Costco auto to see what they could do. Found a rubi that had all the bells and whistles; salesman told me they won't do anything below invoice and have in-fact marked up all of their new cars by $5000 due to low inventory. INTERESTING SALES TACTIC?!?

Please let me know who hooked you up (and where) with the best price and I will send, possibly deliver delicious San Diego beer to you if I sign with them.

**Also interested to know if I need to opt in to Tread Lightly; I am sure I read that some were didn't need it. I don't mind spending 100 bucks, I just don't want to wait 30 days!

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
I bought mine last year around this time and there was no Chrysler Affiliate / Tread Lightly to be had anywhere her in San Diego. It was MSRP or bust. I tried Carlsbad, Poway and Perry. Perry had what I wanted and weren't disinterested in me so they got my business. Happy Hunting!

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Had to go all the way Tempe AZ to get mine. Paid 15% below msrp. Truck came with everything except a tonneau cover and trail rail system. Looked for weeks in SD. Not one dealership wanted to negotiate at all. Or they would say one price and then they would tack on a ton of crap like, security system garbage, tint, “special wax coating” and add 5k to the final price. Couldn’t find any dealer from here to LA that wanted to negotiate. Found Tempe Dodge and worked the entire deal online. Just flew out, signed some papers and drove it back same day.
I hope you have better luck than I did.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I looked all around So. Cal and ended up at Bob Baker in Escondido. They had exactly what I wanted and I paid sticker price. They didn't want to budge on the price. All in all not a bad experience but nothing to write home about either.

Armsbearer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2021 JL Willys, 2014 MB GL63 AMG
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Snatched up a Snazzberry Mojave from Bob Baker CDJR in Carlsbad last April. MSRP was $61,050 but it was on one of those discounted special. $5,555 Bob Baker discount + $1,000 cash back + another $1,000 cash back. But there’s a tricky fine print. They add the $1,495 destination charge back to the discounted price. We were $500 away from my trade-in so instead of giving me that, they gave me another $1,000 off on the Mojave. And that sealed the deal.

Sponsored

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
I bought mine last year around this time and there was no Chrysler Affiliate / Tread Lightly to be had anywhere her in San Diego. It was MSRP or bust. I tried Carlsbad, Poway and Perry. Perry had what I wanted and weren't disinterested in me so they got my business. Happy Hunting!
I may try a different salesman at Perry to see if I get a better result. That would be soo convenient.

Had to go all the way Tempe AZ to get mine. Paid 15% below msrp. Truck came with everything except a tonneau cover and trail rail system. Looked for weeks in SD. Not one dealership wanted to negotiate at all. Or they would say one price and then they would tack on a ton of crap like, security system garbage, tint, “special wax coating” and add 5k to the final price. Couldn’t find any dealer from here to LA that wanted to negotiate. Found Tempe Dodge and worked the entire deal online. Just flew out, signed some papers and drove it back same day.
Thanks, sounds like the kind of deal I am looking for. I will shoot them an email!

I looked all around So. Cal and ended up at Bob Baker in Escondido. They had exactly what I wanted and I paid sticker price. They didn't want to budge on the price. All in all not a bad experience but nothing to write home about either.
I thought this was how it was going to go. Hoping the members here can point me in a better direction.

Snatched up a Snazzberry Mojave from Bob Baker CDJR in Carlsbad last April. MSRP was $61,050 but it was on one of those discounted special. $5,555 Bob Baker discount + $1,000 cash back + another $1,000 cash back. But there’s a tricky fine print. They add the $1,495 destination charge back to the discounted price. We were $500 away from my trade-in so instead of giving me that, they gave me another $1,000 off on the Mojave. And that sealed the deal.
Nice, I spent some time here but they gave me the same excuse. Low inventory; we can charge what we want... I will check back when they get some more in stock.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I may try a different salesman at Perry to see if I get a better result. That would be soo convenient.

Thanks, sounds like the kind of deal I am looking for. I will shoot them an email!

I thought this was how it was going to go. Hoping the members here can point me in a better direction.

Nice, I spent some time here but they gave me the same excuse. Low inventory; we can charge what we want... I will check back when they get some more in stock.
We gave up on San Diego. Poway was probably the worst. Escondido was better but lame at returning email, phone calls etc. Ironically Poway has an excellent service department. Can't say enough about how good their tech's are at diagnosing and fixing things.
We ended up going to Tuttle Click in Irvine to buy and got 6 or 7% below invoice. We ordered our truck and it was delivered there. No destination blah blah. There was 3yr 0% at that time.

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Anybody I should work with in particular?

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Factory ordered through rob tratchman in Irvine. 4% below with tread lightly. Well worth the 1 hour drive. Don't waste your time with the dealerships here.

Sponsored

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
This seems like the best option so far. Gupton has him beat by a couple grand but that's also a 30 hour drive back and 2000 wasted miles on the dash.
I lucked out and got an additional 2k off I rebates on top of the 4% below. But driving up there, doing paper work, and driving back took less time then when I bought from Carl burger and a far better deal.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Anybody I should work with in particular?
Yes, as others noted, @RobTrachtman at tutle click in Irvine. He will give you a fair deal. Better than anyone else in southern california. Don’t waste your time with Poway, escondido, bob baker or the others.

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
I wanted to stay local as I live in Scottsdale, AZ. I ordered a fully loaded JTRD from Renate Steinbach @ Chapman Jeep in Scottsdale. 5% below invoice including the 1% tread lightly. Pretty simple process. She is the general sales manager .... so no BS.

Ordered it 4 weeks ago. Just got word it will be delivered the 20th of July.

Her contact info: 480-949-7600.

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
I wanted to stay local as I live in Scottsdale, AZ. I ordered a fully loaded JTRD from Renate Steinbach @ Chapman Jeep in Scottsdale. 5% below invoice including the 1% tread lightly. Pretty simple process. She is the general sales manager .... so no BS.

Ordered it 4 weeks ago. Just got word it will be delivered the 20th of July.

Her contact info: 480-949-7600.
I appreciate the info. I worked with Renate but after all was said and done ( and I got the Vehicle Theft Recover Fee removed) There was only about a $400 dollar difference compared to Robert's deal. That just wasn't enough to justify the 5 hour drive for me. I haven't pulled the trigger yet and she said she would update me if she could do anything further. I highly recommend her if you live close or don't mind the drive!
Sponsored