Sarge Green Sport S HIGHLY UNNECESSARY Build Thread

India-ThreeZeroThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport, 1995 YJ Cummins R2.8
Occupation
Retired slug. Drive RVs to Alaska
I normally would hate that stock bumper especially the end pieces With yours it seems ok with that lift. Good job
Sponsored

OP
OP
22_Sarge_Sport

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Really like the build. I have a sarge 6 speed and love it. How are you liking your tires? I picked up a set on that deal as well, but haven't mounted them up yet.
20220723_091022.jpg
They've been fine. They did great on the light wheeling I've done, and they're surprisingly quiet and comfortable on-road. They look fantastic. I run them at 33/34lbs and calibrated the speedo at 34.4in I think. Big mileage hit though- ooof. Also I haven't regeared and it's a little strange. You lose 6th entirely and the 2nd/3rd gap is clumsy. Not a huge deal though.

OP
OP
22_Sarge_Sport

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
I normally would hate that stock bumper especially the end pieces With yours it seems ok with that lift. Good job
Yeah, I need to think the whole front bumper thing through. I still have rubbing with the sway bar disconnected, it looks a little funny, I'm led to believe there's an mpg incentive to leave it, etc.

OP
OP
22_Sarge_Sport

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
They've been fine. They did great on the light wheeling I've done, and they're surprisingly quiet and comfortable on-road. They look fantastic. I run them at 33/34lbs and calibrated the speedo at 34.4in I think. Big mileage hit though- ooof. Also I haven't regeared and it's a little strange. You lose 6th entirely and the 2nd/3rd gap is clumsy. Not a huge deal though.
Oh, and one thing to keep in mind - with your beautiful camping setup, anything on top of your rack gets way higher with the lift and tires. It's only a few inches but man it makes a difference putting stuff in the bed or trying to get things in/out over the sides! Great looking rig.

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 CJ3A, 71 CJ5, 72 CJ6, 93 XJ, 21 JT
Occupation
Machinist
Oh, and one thing to keep in mind - with your beautiful camping setup, anything on top of your rack gets way higher with the lift and tires. It's only a few inches but man it makes a difference putting stuff in the bed or trying to get things in/out over the sides! Great looking rig.
Sincere thanks!

Sponsored

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Sport S HIGHLY UNNECESSARY Build Thread 1659037175867

Nice Sky Red Line you have there in the garage! Are you also on the Sky Roadster forum? As a fellow Sarge Green JT / Sky Red Line owner I approve of this.

OP
OP
22_Sarge_Sport

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Sport S HIGHLY UNNECESSARY Build Thread 1659037175867

Nice Sky Red Line you have there in the garage! Are you also on the Sky Roadster forum? As a fellow Sarge Green JT / Sky Red Line owner I approve of this.
Holy crap. We might be a sample size of 2. Are either of yours stick shifts (both of mine are!)? I only ever duck in on Sky forums when I'm having a mechanical problem, which I guess is always. Truly underrated little car, though. Mine's got maybe 42k on the clock and goes like hell. It's an attention magnet too - I have had some amazing cars, and the Sky and the Wrangler are the only ones women have ever even noticed...!

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Holy crap. We might be a sample size of 2. Are either of yours stick shifts (both of mine are!)? I only ever duck in on Sky forums when I'm having a mechanical problem, which I guess is always. Truly underrated little car, though. Mine's got maybe 42k on the clock and goes like hell. It's an attention magnet too - I have had some amazing cars, and the Sky and the Wrangler are the only ones women have ever even noticed...!
I think I've seen maybe one other person post on the Sky forum they had a JT. So maybe there's 3 of us. Both of mine are autos. I don't miss a stick on the JT as it's a daily, my TJ was a stick and 9 years of driving it as a daily turned me off of a manual sitting in traffic, but it would be nice to have an auto on the RL just for the fun of slapping it through gears. I'm on the forums frequently (same forum name too) I really love the community. I was at NASSAM this year in Rapid City, SD. About 100 cars showed up total. That trip added about 2,800 miles so I'm at 68k total on my '08. I had it tuned not long after I bought it about 2 years ago so that upped the hp to around 300ish. It's really a rocket ship now. Of all of the cars and bikes I've owned over the years it by a long shot gets the most attention at gas stations, driving down the street, or crusing the highway. NASSAM will be in Beckley, WV next June. It's being put on by the Michigan Kappa Club.
Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Sport S HIGHLY UNNECESSARY Build Thread 4660E851-4AD3-47AF-9FC8-921F10402071

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Sport S HIGHLY UNNECESSARY Build Thread FAF86901-621E-4E9F-8B9D-1D01A7F73D39

Sorry to derail your sweet build thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
22_Sarge_Sport

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
I think I've seen maybe one other person post on the Sky forum they had a JT. So maybe there's 3 of us. Both of mine are autos. I don't miss a stick on the JT as it's a daily, my TJ was a stick and 9 years of driving it as a daily turned me off of a manual sitting in traffic, but it would be nice to have an auto on the RL just for the fun of slapping it through gears. I'm on the forums frequently (same forum name too) I really love the community. I was at NASSAM this year in Rapid City, SD. About 100 cars showed up total. That trip added about 2,800 miles so I'm at 68k total on my '08. I had it tuned not long after I bought it about 2 years ago so that upped the hp to around 300ish. It's really a rocket ship now. Of all of the cars and bikes I've owned over the years it by a long shot gets the most attention at gas stations, driving down the street, or crusing the highway. NASSAM will be in Beckley, WV next June. It's being put on by the Michigan Kappa Club.
Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Sport S HIGHLY UNNECESSARY Build Thread FAF86901-621E-4E9F-8B9D-1D01A7F73D39

Sorry to derail your sweet build thread.
Amazing. That is absolutely terrific.
Sponsored