Reaction score
Website
www.kevinspocket.com
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler Sport, 2016 Jeep Patriot Sport SE
Vehicle Showcase
fc concept.JPG

still wish we could have this coming out
They've had so many badass pickup concepts I really hope the JT isn't a let down lol - mighty FC and the J12 were my favorites

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
This looks like almost a full size truck. I wonder if its the same size as the 1500 or if it just looks that way in the photo. I honestly think Jeep could have a full line up vehicles that look just like the Wrangler:

Renegade - Compact SUV That Looks Like The JL Clay Model (mini Wrangler look)
Renegade Pickup - Like The One Shown At Easter Jeep Safari
Wrangler - Midsize SUV
Wrangler XL - Midsize 3rd Row Seating SUV
Gladiator - Midsize Pickup
Commander - Fullsize SUV thats based on the Gladiator Pickup
Gladiator - Fullsize Pickup

Looks like a full size truck? Not sure I agree, however it is hard to tell in photos. That said I think the JT will be longer than this. This Gladiator concept is a extended cab with little jump seats in the back, and a suicide door. The JT will have 4 full size doors.

I am a bit nervous about the length. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too. I need the 4 doors for the kids, and am really looking forward to pickup bed, but would like it not to loose all of its off-roading geometry. I think it will be ok, just a bit nervous, can’t wait to see one in person.

Last edited by a moderator:

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Are you not entertained?!

SS_Syndicate

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sevenslotsyndicate.com
Vehicle(s)
'13-JKUR, '16 KL Cherokee, '17 4-Runner, '67 Kaiser M715
Occupation
Engineer, Blogger, Vlogger
The Gladiator was a CJ turned pickup truck (basically), the JT is a JL turned pickup truck. It makes the most sense.

The Gladiator was an entirely different fullsize truck lineup. While I love the Gladiator name, I feel like if it's ever brought back it should be on a true full size truck.
I agree completely, but Our JKU is actually larger than our '67 M715 (Which is essentially a militarized Gladiator) and the JL is larger than a JK... I know the whole "mid-size/full-size" isn't really about physical size but rather capacity but it's interesting how small "full-sized" used to be. Heck, the M715 is a 5/4 ton truck! But I bet the JL-Gladiator is physically much larger.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I agree completely, but Our JKU is actually larger than our '67 M715 (Which is essentially a militarized Gladiator) and the JL is larger than a JK... I know the whole "mid-size/full-size" isn't really about physical size but rather capacity but it's interesting how small "full-sized" used to be. Heck, the M715 is a 5/4 ton truck! But I bet the JL-Gladiator is physically much larger.

Hahaha yup, I always look at my little J2000 sitting under a cover in the driveway, it's so tiny compared to a modern truck. I think in one of the spy photos of the Gladiatior it was pictured near a crew cab 1500 Silverado, and there wasn't a huge difference in size!
Sponsored