Sponsored

Side steps/rails etc. what are you all runnin ?

King Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU, 2021 JT
Occupation
Sales/Engineering/Management
Anyone have an opinion on the GoRhino Dominator D1 Drop Step?
IMHO they look great and are very solid. They were, however, an absolute bitch to put on. Four hands and a lift would make it a lot easier. They stick out from the sides enough that you will never get dings in the sides from shopping carts or car doors. On the other hand, if you're not careful you'll rub the back of your pant legs getting in and out.
Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? DS1
Sponsored

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
I REALLY like the heavy duty mopar rock rails but they seem a bit steep at $1000. Currently I have the sport boards.

2020 Jeep Gladiator.jpg

Cliff89

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator (JT)
If you use your truck or Jeep as a daily vehicle and occasionally go off-road, these Dominator Side Steps are a great complement. I read this review on this site and found an alternative to the Dominator from GoRino, it summarised all I needed to know about jeep gladiator side steps. Some of the alternatives I found are very impressive. I am considering the AMP Research PowerStep XL Running Boards.

Last edited:

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
I recently installed the Brute Strength steps from Quadratec. They seem pretty stout, mount to the pinch seam and existing holes in the underside of the body. I'm not sure they'd work as a true "beat it on the rocks every day" slider, but they'll definitely defend against a parking lot ding :D They look good, but I think they sit a bit high for a step. I'm 6', my wife is 5', so she's looking for more step than I am, I find myself stepping over them more often than on them. I'm almost debating taking them off for something that sits a bit lower. I think they'll make a decent foot rest for doors-off cruising though
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/brute-strength-side-steps-gladiator-jt

Sponsored

Gladiator832

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2013 Ram Sport
Occupation
Plant Manager
Went with the RC contoured as well. The wife is short and didn't want to replace the seat the first year!

20211015_093958.jpg

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have Metal Cloak?
A little late of a response but I have them and love them. I have the flip steps. They are in the flat position. I leave them there as they seem to be able to take a ton of abuse and don't need to be flipped up.

I have posted this somewhere in another thread but this vid shows how hard of hits they can take. They are not frame mounted and for anything I do they don't need to be.

Sponsored

Ozzysjeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Sig Sauer
I went with NFab. Made in USA, angular look and hides pinch weld.
Purchased RCs through Quadratec and found rust, several areas of bare metal and scratches upon opening. How they passed quality control prior to shipping is mind boggling. I'll follow up with pics later this week.

1635110057818.png

AZ_Adventure_Clicks

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.edwardmitchellphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
VBS Consultant
A little late of a response but I have them and love them. I have the flip steps. They are in the flat position. I leave them there as they seem to be able to take a ton of abuse and don't need to be flipped up.

I have posted this somewhere in another thread but this vid shows how hard of hits they can take. They are not frame mounted and for anything I do they don't need to be.

I felt that! 😁

Stryker6040

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Engineer
RSE Power Steps with Armor. We love them. With the lifted truck, the platform to walk up and down and also step into bed is super nice. Also, the platform blocks mud and rocks from hitting the body.

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? 46F1CD8A-73E5-4957-9317-FFE52CC420F2
These look bad ass. How have they held up? Worth the price tag?