First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
When my battery goes kaput, I'll do the f42 fuse pull, 94R battery and route the cables appropriately. In my 6MT, 99% of ESS events occur while I'm still coasting to a stop at a light timing it so that I never come to a complete stop and thusly my truck turns off and within 1 second I'm clutching in and preparing to accelerate again. So interesting the way I drive makes ESS behave in a pretty stupid way.

The f42 fuse pull, cable reroute, and SSE seems like the best option to go single battery based on what the guy on the "other" forum has been working on.
Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have to run the bigger battery like the video shows? Or can I keep the existing battery and do the same thing?
Nah, it's just that the H7 will fit. A little more cranking amps is all.

I just took the aux battery out and wired it up to the original main battery. ESS constantly showed battery charging lately, so seeing if I caught it in time or if it killed the main battery already.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Nah, it's just that the H7 will fit. A little more cranking amps is all.

I just took the aux battery out and wired it up to the original main battery. ESS constantly showed battery charging lately, so seeing if I caught it in time or if it killed the main battery already.
Mine just says stop/start not ready with no messages so I’m probably going to delete the aux before it kills my main.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that cable COMES from the main battery. You'd just be creating a loop of the negative cable.
Thanks… I just taped it up. It wasn’t long enough on its own to reach the neg terminal. There is a nice gap behind the battery to tuck it in after taping up the end.

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
A couple of days ago I got the ’ESS unavailable’ warning, although I never use ESS anyway. That was all the warning I needed.
Today I removed the small battery and also replaced the main with a fresh H7 AGM from O’Reilly’s. I took the m/c battery ground and ran it to ground lug on the fender, and bolted the positive lead to the positive lead of the primary batttery. An unexpected thing did happen though, my radio settings and garage door openers did not lose their memory.

Sponsored

QuintusMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2022 JT
Looks interesting

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
An unexpected thing did happen though, my radio settings and garage door openers did not lose their memory.
When I did my full aux battery delete, had both batteries disconnected for at least 3 hours and still had radio memory retention. That tells me the radios has a decent capacitive memory built in.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
A couple of days ago I got the ’ESS unavailable’ warning, although I never use ESS anyway. That was all the warning I needed.
Today I removed the small battery and also replaced the main with a fresh H7 AGM from O’Reilly’s. I took the m/c battery ground and ran it to ground lug on the fender, and bolted the positive lead to the positive lead of the primary batttery. An unexpected thing did happen though, my radio settings and garage door openers did not lose their memory.
Did you remove the fuse for ESS as well?

Towzone100

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S Ecodiesel.
Occupation
Chief technology officer, engineer and inventor
I have a question. So on a 2021 JT Ecodiesel with the TOW package, to delete the UAX battery, do I need to reroute both the AUX battery neg and pos cables to the main battery or just the positive? Also, does anybody know if that affects the warranty?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question. So on a 2021 JT Ecodiesel with the TOW package, to delete the UAX battery, do I need to reroute both the AUX battery neg and pos cables to the main battery or just the positive? Also, does anybody know if that affects the warranty?
It depends on the dealer, but since you're making modifications to the factory electrical system they can deny any warranty claims for electrical issues.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I'm going to wait till my warranty ends to switch to the Synergy se-up. And end the OEM battery nightmare threat...

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
May have to convert mine to a single battery set up

Towzone100

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S Ecodiesel.
Occupation
Chief technology officer, engineer and inventor
I'm going to convert mine tomorrow. I figure if I leave it as is and just reroute the AUX battery cable to the main that way I can always go back to the AUX if I need to put it in for service. I purchase Optima DH6 Yellow Top to replace the factory main battery.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Somebody post a video on how to do it or some after pictures after you hook everything up to the main battery
Sponsored