Skyjacker coil springs with AEV 2” Spacer Lift for Mojave

Shahzeb719

First Name
Shahzeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4XE, 2022 JT Mojave
Looking at replacing the factory coil springs on my 2022 Mojave with the Skyjacker 2” coil springs (Mojave Specific)for taller look. Would running the taller coils be an issue with the AEV spacer lift? I do have the longer control arms from Mopar installed and factory mojave shocks. Given that the Mojave coils are softer then rubicon, the new skyjacker coils for Mojave are soft as well just taller.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/skyjack...ir-jeep-gladiator-mojave-2020-2022/p/GM20FDR/
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I would think you would need longer control arms or geometry correction brackets, also being 4” higher than stock the shocks would be out of their range as the AEV shock extensions are only designed for 2” of lift.

OP
OP
Shahzeb719

Shahzeb719

First Name
Shahzeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think you would need longer control arms or geometry correction brackets, also being 4” higher than stock the shocks would be out of their range as the AEV shock extensions are only designed for 2” of lift.
I did install the Mopar longer control arms with the AEV spacer lift. So instead of the 2” coil springs I can also do the 1” skyjacker coils or remove the spacers and go with the 3” skyjacker coils no?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
The Mopar LCAs are only .25” longer than stock, IMO they are good for around 2” of lift, the geometry brackets would be more effective for higher lifts and will also make the ride smoother as the control arms are closer to parallel to the ground.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
At more than 2” of lift you get in to needing different shocks, trackbars, geometry correction brackets and/or upper and lower adjustable control arms.

This the route you are wanting to go?

Sounds like you need a complete lift kit/system and not just some coils.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shahzeb719

Shahzeb719

First Name
Shahzeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Mopar LCAs are only .25” longer than stock, IMO they are good for around 2” of lift, the geometry brackets would be more effective for higher lifts and will also make the ride smoother as the control arms are closer to parallel to the ground.
so the geometry brackets and the 2” coils shouldn’t be a problem but the question then becomes if the Mojave shocks can handle that height?

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I think you are stretching those shocks out too much. longer extensions are also to my knowledge aren't a great idea. Truthfuly I think the stock Mojave suspension is pretty maxed out with the 2" spacer. If you want to go higher may need to redo the whole shebang.

OP
OP
Shahzeb719

Shahzeb719

First Name
Shahzeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you are stretching those shocks out too much. longer extensions are also to my knowledge aren't a great idea. Truthfuly I think the stock Mojave suspension is pretty maxed out with the 2" spacer. If you want to go higher may need to redo the whole shebang.
on my diesel rubicon I added the Mopar lift and the coils and lifts alone raised the jeep close to 3 to 4 inches even though it was a 2.5 inch lift kit. I’m debating if I should remove the AEV spacers and just add the 3” skyjacker coils to get a little more height.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
on my diesel rubicon I added the Mopar lift and the coils and lifts alone raised the jeep close to 3 to 4 inches even though it was a 2.5 inch lift kit. I’m debating if I should remove the AEV spacers and just add the 3” skyjacker coils to get a little more height.
I guess as long as you don’t net over 3” the shocks may be ok. Depending on the off rasding you are doing a set of limiting straps may help. The problem is over extending those shocks.
Sponsored