Sponsored

Sleeping in the bed under a cap, a project starts!

MOJAVEC22

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave 1991 Toyota Hilux
Occupation
Electrician
Some great solutions on here. I wanted a fast and simple way to sleep in the bed with a little more room. The older I get the less I like all the expensive gadgets. Now I need a simple set of cross bars to mount my awning.

IMG_4759[1].JPG

IMG_4761[1].JPG

IMG_4759[1].JPG

IMG_4761[1].JPG
Nice! I’m still lovin my outlander too and wanted this l tent. What size did you order? Ans is it true the dac version didn’t come with the poles ?
Sponsored

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
Nothing like a good 5 gallon bucket. It does everything. Wash food and clothes. Carry water. Wash face and hands and when needed you can poop in it. The metal ones can heat water by the fire.

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Nice! I’m still lovin my outlander too and wanted this l tent. What size did you order? Ans is it true the dac version didn’t come with the poles ?
It was the ( DAC DA3 Mid Size Truck Bed Tent) and it does NOT come with poles. I used some 3/4 inch PVC pipe to make some quick poles for now. I am told one from soft topper comes with poles.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I was about 20 when I started going to antique engine shows - before they had any real camp sites or facilities. I used the back of my 70 C20 with a topper, a sleeping bag and a camp toilet from Wards, and a 2 burner camp stove top I made a stand for and used a propane torch tank to heat food. I slept in the back of the truck under the topper. I made curtains and hung along the side windows for privacy. I had a portable lawn chair, not like they make in recent years. I had a couple of pots and pans, carried water in small buckets and jugs, it was really roughing it. Makes today look like luxury. I wonder of my parents had any photos anywhere - I grabbed some of their photo books when they died.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I've been Overlanding since 1970 when I got my Bronco. Back then we just called it camping or exploring. No fancy RTT's, just dirt or inside. You could make a campfire anywhere and we cooked on them. We left no trace. Life was good.
Sponsored