First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overlander
Occupation
Nomad
Swapped out my chain wdh for a straight bar. Truck sits way better now.
Perfect. Was the chain the Andersen WDH?
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect. Was the chain the Andersen WDH?
it was an older reese wdh i got from a friend a while back. Worked, just not that well for me

Reactions: DBT

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKUS, 05 Dodge 2500 CTD
Kinda makes you wonder if perhaps Motor Trend had an ulterior motive with their towing test. When I got to the part in their test where they said they didn't use a WDH or any sway control, it was obvious.

Our maiden voyage this past week (Max Tow package) - towed from Eastern PA to Miramar Beach, FL - about 2300 miles round trip. Pulled great the whole time and averaged about 11mpg. Trailer is a Flying Cloud 23FB. Measured tongue weight using a Sherline scale and it came in around 600 lbs loaded for camping. CAT scale measurements were good also - trailer came in at 5180 lbs. This is the same trailer that MotorTrend used for their test - ours is set up with a WDH with sway control (Equalizer). Did not have any issues. All in all a great combination.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 20190504_144842

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 20190504_144842

Sponsored

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Kinda makes you wonder if perhaps Motor Trend had an ulterior motive with their towing test. When I got to the part in their test where they said they didn't use a WDH or any sway control, it was obvious.
Kind of makes you wonder if they didn’t have an ulterior motive how people that dumb about cars got a job reviewing cars.

O wait it is 2021. That explains it. Not being mean to millennials. ;:LOL:

DMNDBK RTLR

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
NA Tech Training Manager
I've towed my 1969 Camaro that I built. The Hugger Orange matches the Mojave orange well.

tow6.jpg

tow2.jpg

20190504_144842.jpg
Total weight of trailer and car?

Weight distribution hitch, airbags, etc..?

I'd like to use mine to tow my toy as well.. But I don't have an aluminum car hauler. If dropping 1klbs makes it doable, I may have to sell my trailer..

New Tires.jpg

My Kids.jpg

Car Hauler.jpg

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Total weight of trailer and car?

Weight distribution hitch, airbags, etc..?

I'd like to use mine to tow my toy as well.. But I don't have an aluminum car hauler. If dropping 1klbs makes it doable, I may have to sell my trailer..

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? Car Hauler

Dang - that Mojave is HOT! Did you need to add any lift to run those tires? What are they? Rails/sidesteps look great, too. Very nice.

DMNDBK RTLR

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
NA Tech Training Manager
Dang - that Mojave is HOT! Did you need to add any lift to run those tires? What are they? Rails/sidesteps look great, too. Very nice.
No lift, Firestone Destination MT2, 37x12.50x17. I work for Bridgestone, and have put over 100,000 miles (combined - multiple vehicles) on this tire over the last few years and I love them. The employee discount isn't bad either!

Steps are Go Rhino RB20's. That was a negotiated concession with my wife to fit the 37's...

Sponsored

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No lift, Firestone Destination MT2, 37x12.50x17. I work for Bridgestone, and have put over 100,000 miles (combined - multiple vehicles) on this tire over the last few years and I love them. The employee discount isn't bad either!

Steps are Go Rhino RB20's. That was a negotiated concession with my wife to fit the 37's...
Wow! That's amazing that it can fit 37s without touching the suspension! The wheels look great, too. Those aren't factory, are they? They almost look like they could be (which is a good thing).

DMNDBK RTLR

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
NA Tech Training Manager
Wow! That's amazing that it can fit 37s without touching the suspension! The wheels look great, too. Those aren't factory, are they? They almost look like they could be (which is a good thing).
Thank you!

They are quadratec recon wheels. 17x8.5, +10mm offset.. Pretty inexpensive, wide enough for 12.50's, not a ton of "poke", use factory lugs. About $160 each.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
First trip of the season.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 96616DBA-BEF7-4471-B89C-1625CC39FA80

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
First time pulling my big trailer last week. Did well. I think the air bags helped a lot. I’d be nervous if I didn’t have them. 8.5x28 with tekonsha p3 mounted on centerak mount.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 96616DBA-BEF7-4471-B89C-1625CC39FA80
Size and weight of trailer (loaded)? If that's a Rubicon, then max payload is about 1200lbs with towing at 7000lbs. I'm curious how the extra bed weight from the rack and larger tires affected things (yes airbag suspension mod helps)
Sponsored