Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
HUGE load at the Home Depot last night :CWL::CWL:

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? IMG_1799.JPG
Holy crap man you must be rich, well now broke with that high valued load there.

In all seriousness good call there. I always crack up when people try to stick long boards into a truck bed when a trailer works so much better.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Yes, you must be broke indeed. Don’t park anywhere sketchy or it will disappear!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yes, you must be broke indeed. Don’t park anywhere sketchy or it will disappear!
forget about that even. Somebody might try a fast and furious style hieghst if he isn't careful with that kind of payload

Sponsored

Birddog1148

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 86 CJ7, 2010 Ranger 4x4, 95 F150 (2) etc
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
This will be what it WILL be towing, this was last month before I took delivery of my Max Tow. Toys on the trailer change depending on my activity.

PXL_20210513_144230547.jpg

Jeep_guy3

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave and 1999 Jeep TJ
I installed a Mopar trailer brake and took my “toy” down to the scales near my house. Trailer brake works awesome. I need to adjust the tongue weight before making any journeys longer then the 1/2 mile trip to the scales, but so far the Gladiator has more power and stops better then this exact set up towed by a 2007 Tacoma TRD off-road.

BCC8381A-37B4-4A5D-8C7C-7DB733BF9698.jpeg

1DE5F346-6109-4FE2-BA7E-89879E3F5641.jpeg

D9FF2D09-EA88-4257-A7B1-5F23B68A7341.jpeg

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Towing this, just had 4.88 gears installed today, 500 mile break in an I can test out the new gears.went from 3.73 to 4.88’s
A90384AF-C145-4B65-A049-08791D727360.png
it will be night and day different for the better, you'll likely get better mileage while also having better power everywhere, i did the exact same 3.73 to 4.88 but with a manual but my trailer also quite a bit lighter than yours but it completely transformed everything including daily empty driving, felt as quick or quicker than bone stock off the lot while on 37's vs the stock little skinny 31's

Sponsored

Jtleng

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
These have finally shipped, i will have on for my early july trip and can report back. Should step up to the plate on the sag when extra tongue heavy. timbren helpers 3000 lb

F198644163.jpg
Interesting, wondering if it affects the ride quality by hitting every time you go over a bump or off roading, looking forward to your update

Jtleng

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
it will be night and day different for the better, you'll likely get better mileage while also having better power everywhere, i did the exact same 3.73 to 4.88 but with a manual but my trailer also quite a bit lighter than yours but it completely transformed everything including daily empty driving, felt as quick or quicker than bone stock off the lot while on 37's vs the stock little skinny 31's
That’s great to hear.
I’m still with 35’s and so far it shifts much better, I haven’t seen 8th gear in a very long time, now it hits 8th between 40 and 45 mph, the break in period is painful. Waiting............. can’t wait to tow and see how it turns out.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Interesting, wondering if it affects the ride quality by hitting every time you go over a bump or off roading, looking forward to your update
good point for the off-roaders, maybe airbags better for articulation?(just air down once unloaded?), i use this thing like a truck (came from half ton down to midsize) so having max articulation isn't a thing for me, getting through some ditches in snow and mud for hunting, forestry roads in same conditions, bit of game retrieval is the most i'll ask from it and it will destroy any half ton in those scenarios, the reviews i saw online of these seemed excellent for how i use the jeep, they have some offroad models etc., as it is, i'll never likely touch the stock ones as i just don't use the jeep like the offroaders do...

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
That’s great to hear.
I’m still with 35’s and so far it shifts much better, I haven’t seen 8th gear in a very long time, now it hits 8th between 40 and 45 mph, the break in period is painful. Waiting............. can’t wait to tow and see how it turns out.
i remember this, had a trip planned with trailer within a week, so i was out breaking it in after work up and down the highway at different speeds on cruise, then let it cool for awhile, then go do it again, i had a loop all patterned out with hills for loading etc., would hammer out a couple cycles each night, try and sneak one or two in the day, i had the new fluid put in like the day before the trip lol, you'll see 8th gear again, with the manual in rarely saw 5th, basically reduced to a 4 speed and then maybe 5th on the highway, now i'm in 4th at 40 mph just putting around town and need to shift into 2nd half way through a small intersection...so it's significant, it will drive exactly like it did off the lot or a bit quicker even

AMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '19 GSXR750, '05 S2000
Occupation
LEO, Realtor
Met my dad halfway and brought the S2000 out to AZ after being in their garage since Aug '19

Got the clapped out U-Haul that probably weighs as much as the car and that 3.6L &auto didn't like it coming over some inclines. Had to swap to manul mode just to stop hanging out at 5k
TOWING.jpg
Sponsored