Sport automatic with max tow 0-60?

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
When I look at my Gladiator, my curiosity about my 0-60 is about as low as anything could possibly be. I honestly never even considered asking this question to the sales guy, because to me it's irrelevant, considering it's a....wait for it....JEEP. ;)
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Not as fast as a Wrangler JL..

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
You might be more of a Porsche or Tesla guy if you care about 0-60.

Honestly though, keep in mind a 1990 BMW M3 0-60 was 6.9 sec and that was considered ā€œfastā€ back in the day. Porsches from the ā€˜70s 0-60 were between 7-9 secšŸ˜‚.

Your Porsche/Tesla is going to look awesome with a lift, 37s, a pile of potting soil in the trunk and plywood strapped to the roof!

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I find that I'm mostly looking at folks in the rear view mirror when I leave a stop light. I have the 4:10 gearing without all the weight of the Rubicon so should be faster.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
0-60 in 3.3 seconds. šŸ˜

This is a silly question IMOP.

Stock Max Tow is pretty quick and makes a great trip vehicle and dd.

Lift, big tires, added weight of aftermarket bumpers and winch etc. will slow you down and decrease your gas mileage.

I look at it this way;

A lifted Jeep looks great and drives awesome when done properly. There really is nothing like the feel of a big tired, soft suspension Jeep with the top off cruising on a perfect summer evening.

Yes you will drive slower but that just gives all those poor non Jeep owners time to catch up and dream the big Jeep dream.

For fast and rowing gears... Iā€™ll drive this

96DA80A3-F3FA-41B3-9AC2-D7C31FC726FC.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I figure I have a choice:
Go anywhere - or -
get somewhere fast...............

I didn't buy the JT for its 0-60 times.
That's what this is for.
And because even "limited slip" isn't enough to hold it back, that's what the bars below are for.

Jeep Gladiator Sport automatic with max tow 0-60? engine-front

Jeep Gladiator Sport automatic with max tow 0-60? caltracs-left-side-2

OP
OP
Davesnothereman

Davesnothereman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Liberty
Wow, all these pointless posts that have zero to do with a 0-60 time. Shadowspapa, maybe you and XJaddiction can meet up in a nice quiet alley and makeout on top of your red cars. If you donā€™t have a 0-60 time then go play somewhere else. Or maybe you can go make your own thread and talk about completely irrelevant shit there.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, must be tense in NY this week or upset because after 7 months, few worry about 0-60 times? You missed about 6 others here since you are keeping track. Murgatroid, slowstang and the others can join us in fun.
The thread would have died and/or been hidden under a pile of active threads if not for someone pulling it back up to the top again - with a pointless post yesterday. No action for about 3 weeks.
So maybe just consider the last 3 or so pointless posts as being "bump" posts bringing it to the top.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Wow, all these pointless posts that have zero to do with a 0-60 time. Shadowspapa, maybe you and XJaddiction can meet up in a nice quiet alley and makeout on top of your red cars. If you donā€™t have a 0-60 time then go play somewhere else. Or maybe you can go make your own thread and talk about completely irrelevant shit there.

Sorry Shadows Papa,

Dave keep your daydreams to yourself up there in NY. Sounds like you may be a little too familiar with NY alleys. We donā€™t have alleys here where I am from. šŸ¤£

I understand upstate is too far away from the city, so your wheeling is probably limited.

Are you racing some Honda Civics up there in NY?

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Definitely get that no one buys a gladiator for speed, but I would imagine the OP was just curious.

Having traded my 392 Charger in on my gladiator, I do feel like I'm barely moving with 200 less hp. I know some are fortunate enough to have both a muscle/sports car and a gladiator, but there's still a few of us who wouldn't mind a bit more pep in they're jeeps.

I'm actually hesitant to add heavy mods, like bumpers, or big wheels/tires because I don't want to make the thing any slower.

The stock JL with the 3.6 is actually pretty quick for it's class, but the Gladiator is challenged having the same engine with more weight.

That said, the gladiator is quick enough to keep up with traffic and fulfill it's mission. Just would be nice to have a bit more oomph. The ford ranger & Chevy Colorado can hit 60 as quick as 6.1 secs (depending on trim). An Even 300hp in the 3.6 would help.
Sponsored