First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
Is there a list somewhere of the winches that will fit it the mopar 3 piece? Or some suggestions that I can install with no mods to the bumper? Maybe some dimensions I need to adhere to? Thanks
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a list somewhere of the winches that will fit it the mopar 3 piece? Or some suggestions that I can install with no mods to the bumper? Maybe some dimensions I need to adhere to? Thanks
With the right winch plate, most winches up to 12,000 pounds - including the large Badlands Apex winch, would fit. With spacers (made and sold by a forum member), the MOPAR bumper would even clear that winch without mods.

OP
OP
jakes5thjeep

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
Something like this?
Jeep Gladiator Steel bumper winch question. Screenshot_20220618-215202_Chrome

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I've got...............

Jeep Gladiator Steel bumper winch question. 1655607308101

OP
OP
jakes5thjeep

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
Mind if ask about the spacers you were talking about? And a "for the money" winch plate? The guy at the shop suggested bully or bulldog maybe, it was early this morning, wasn't fully awake.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakes5thjeep

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
I like those amber fogs too. 👍

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I’ll try and find a photo but at the end of each side of the frame there are 47 bolts and the two inside bolts on each side connect to the winch plate leaving a quarter inch gap on the outside two bolts on each side.

I would not look for the cheapest winch plate. There are videos of a couple of them that have been tweaked with the larger winches and a strong pull. I would recommend the Warren winch plate for the wrangler with a steel bumper. The Mopar winch is a rebranded warn winch. As shadow Papa indicator above most if not all which is 12,000 and under share the same footprint.

C1A2FCB2-2307-4924-A0DB-D8A2726250BC.png

AA8DE568-5934-40AD-91C8-2DE640C224BF.png

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Artec winch plate was the best option I could find about a year ago and was in stock. On their website, they have the recommended winches. I ended up with a Smittybilt gen2 X20 10k Synthetic that was a great match.

KohalaHutch

First Name
Hutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangler: MW3 Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Running a Warn 10S here and it’s perfection. 12S will fit but looks weirdly oversized to me and I’m told is a pain to shoehorn in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakes5thjeep

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
It's in my cart already, might go ahead and buy it with the coupon, it expires today, while I decide. Take it back if I find something else.
When I was looking a couple days ago it said you had to be an inside track member and it was in store only. Doesn't appear to be the case today.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
It's in my cart already, might go ahead and buy it with the coupon, it expires today, while I decide. Take it back if I find something else.
When I was looking a couple days ago it said you had to be an inside track member and it was in store only. Doesn't appear to be the case today.
I am an inside track member but wasn’t logged in when I added it to my cart to see if the code worked online—it did. I didn’t buy it because I have a winch, but I do get the codes in my email. I’m happy to share a code if it helps someone else save some money.

Last edited:

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK so now that I’ve put myself in a position where I need a winch plate I’ve been doing some research and I’m scratching my head about some thing and can use some feedback.

In researching the materials used on the Warn winch plate it turns out the plate is 6 mm or .24 inches …a hundredth off of a quarter. Literature shows that it’s good for 12,000 pound pulls.

The plate offered by Grimm off-road is 1/4 inch material, rated for 14k pulls, but it’s skeletonized in two or three different places where is the Warn is solid plate stock.

In my research of the Apex 12k, it would appear the special sauce is to ensure it’s attached to the most rigid foundation possible to ensure trouble free operation when you’re in a bad situation. I’ve searched for comparison reviews of winch plates for the JLJT platform and have turned up with zero hits. Is anybody aware if this type of review actually exists?

OP
OP
jakes5thjeep

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
OK so now that I’ve put myself in a position where I need a winch plate I’ve been doing some research and I’m scratching my head about some thing and can use some feedback.

In researching the materials used on the Warn winch plate it turns out the plate is 6 mm or .24 inches …a hundredth off of a quarter. Literature shows that it’s good for 12,000 pound pulls.

The plate offered by Grimm off-road is 1/4 inch material, rated for 14k pulls, but it’s skeletonized in two or three different places where is the Warn is solid plate stock.

In my research of the Apex 12k, it would appear the special sauce is to ensure it’s attached to the most rigid foundation possible to ensure trouble free operation when you’re in a bad situation. I’ve searched for comparison reviews of winch plates for the JLJT platform and have turned up with zero hits. Is anybody aware if this type of review actually exists?
I ordered mine as well today. Haven't begun the winch plate research. Perhaps @ShadowsPapa or someone running this particular winch will chime in. Also, what is the install gonna entail? Removing the bumper, I will not need to trim anything? Badlands Apex 12k
Sponsored