First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Would love opinions/reviews of reinforced diff covers. Getting jeep regeared soon, makes sense to slap on some stronger covers at same time. Like the ARB competition covers. Also give me opinions on color...black vs whatever in terms of durability/overall looks

B50D70FE-5AE4-464C-B54B-78116DCADFBB.jpeg
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've always used Dynatracs and they're nodular cast iron and ridiculously heavy duty. Also, they have a built-in rubber seal, so you don't have to use RTV.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I got Motobilt. They are very strong, fit well and clear track bars, etc. I painted them black. It is hard to beat quarter and three-eighths inch thick steel for strength.

109-12.JPG

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I used ultra black RTV so the covers would add stiffness to the differential housing. I could have re-used the stock rubber/steel gaskets.

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I like my red ATB's. They are strong as hell, have 2 magnets, (dipstick and drain plug), nice finish, no gasket or RTV needed and clear everything on the suspension front and rear. Good choice IMO.

Sponsored

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The red matches my color scheme. Looks like it will match yours too.

IMG_0411.JPG

OP
OP
Silvertruck

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The red matches my color scheme. Looks like it will match yours too.

Jeep Gladiator strong diff cover choices IMG_0411.JPG
great looking rig, really dig your light bar. the red covers look good too. I ended up going black ARB today, not because I dont like red but because the front axle is going to be all repainted black, so thought it may let the upcoming tie rod be the part that gets higlighted. It’ll be two inch solid aluminum. Interestingly my track bar will be red though.

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nice wheels

Jeep Gladiator strong diff cover choices IMG_20191116_175557
Your's are pretty nice too! Lol. Yours are in much better shape than mine. All but the spare have Rock rash. Did you have your Rubicon sticker Made to match your wheels?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Would love opinions/reviews of reinforced diff covers. Getting jeep regeared soon, makes sense to slap on some stronger covers at same time. Like the ARB competition covers. Also give me opinions on color...black vs whatever in terms of durability/overall looks

B50D70FE-5AE4-464C-B54B-78116DCADFBB.jpeg
This ARB one is nice, you cannot go wrong with it, but,

skids are the issue for me....,

I also want something for the bottom of the front diff housing which has
the drain hole, and I want something that is not going catch on a rock on the rear end and push the cover.... After much deliberation, I decided to go with both the front and back Metalcloak diff covers and both front and back matching skids. Comparatively, the price is good for this setup. The price will go up because I will have the diffs. powder coated, but, I will leave the skids in the gold zinc chromate coating.

In the end, I liked many diff covers like the ARB, but, I really, really liked the MetalCloak front and back skids better than anything else I have seen...., and you can only use the front skid with the Metalcloak diff cover....., so, I just decided to get the rear diff cover to also match the front.

Metalcloak is saying 3 weeks before my order is ready for ship, so, I will update again later -- after installation.

Sponsored

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
Your's are pretty nice too! Lol. Yours are in much better shape than mine. All but the spare have Rock rash. Did you have your Rubicon sticker Made to match your wheels?
yeah, pixel decals did it for me. He had some antique bronze from another job. Really happy with it.

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
Very nice..

*minor thread jack here*

What size and backspace did you end up going with ?
they are icon rebounds with 4.5" backspacing and are 8.5" wide. If you shop you can get them for about 200 a piece

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
This ARB one is nice, you cannot go wrong with it, but,

skids are the issue for me....,

I also want something for the bottom of the front diff housing which has
the drain hole, and I want something that is not going catch on a rock on the rear end and push the cover.... After much deliberation, I decided to go with both the front and back Metalcloak diff covers and both front and back matching skids. Comparatively, the price is good for this setup. The price will go up because I will have the diffs. powder coated, but, I will leave the skids in the gold zinc chromate coating.

In the end, I liked many diff covers like the ARB, but, I really, really liked the MetalCloak front and back skids better than anything else I have seen...., and you can only use the front skid with the Metalcloak diff cover....., so, I just decided to get the rear diff cover to also match the front.

Metalcloak is saying 3 weeks before my order is ready for ship, so, I will update again later -- after installation.
You'll have to post an opinion on those when you get them because I'm super interested and haven't seen anyone who has them yet. I love the simplicity of them... the ARB ones are annoyingly flashy even in black let alone red.
Sponsored