Sponsored

Sunrider Rebate Issue (non-matching part numbers)

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
@LTCSlacker thank you for illustrating this scenario for me. I've escalated this to see if there is a better way we can handle this in the future.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Lee,

Thank you. I have several e-mails from Bestop, over a longperiod of time, that culminated in a refusal to offer a rebate, even one that would equat a total savings that matched the original rebate.

I'm happy to share them if you would like. I hesitate to name the actual customer service representative who I was in contact with here, however.

I was very disappointed in both the resoluton, and the fact that I had to be the one to continually reach out to Bestop on this issue, and only got answers after weeks, when I wrote them. Not much customer service overall.

As I told them, I would look elsewhere, at this point, for any similar product before I shopped from Bestop, for these reasons, and I would encourage anyone else to do the same, sharing all of my experiences. Perhaps you can change my mind.

Cheers

Chris
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Lee,

Thank you. I have several e-mails from Bestop, over a longperiod of time, that culminated in a refusal to offer a rebate, even one that would equat a total savings that matched the original rebate.

I'm happy to share them if you would like. I hesitate to name the actual customer service representative who I was in contact with here, however.

I was very disappointed in both the resoluton, and the fact that I had to be the one to continually reach out to Bestop on this issue, and only got answers after weeks, when I wrote them. Not much customer service overall.

As I told them, I would look elsewhere, at this point, for any similar product before I shopped from Bestop, for these reasons, and I would encourage anyone else to do the same, sharing all of my experiences. Perhaps you can change my mind.

Cheers

Chris
I understand. I'm still working this for you. If you have a rebate tracking number, please shoot it over to me in a PM.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
@Bestop

I have the same problem...ordered from northridge4x4...what bestop sent does not match the part number that I ordered from northridge4x4 even though it is the right top.
As expected the rebate company rejected my rebate. I sent you a PM...can you assist?

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
This is the year 2020. I'm trying to understand why, even if it was the dark ages, this recurring problem couldn't be solved with a simple phone call from Bestop to the rebate company: When comparing a customer's part number to the expected part number, also consider this new part number valid.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Lee,
I have the same problem. The rebate company rejected my rebate too. Can you please help? Thanks, Chris
I would encourage you to first contact our Customer Service team and work with them. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday. If you have any troubles, please feel free to shoot me a PM.
Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Add me to the list on here.
I called Bestop with no response or returned call. I thought it was an updated model number that was missed.
Conversing with Lee on this forum eventually uncovered that when I sent in my June rebate, the Twill Sunrider was not a covered product at that time.
Nowhere in print did it say that, not at Northridge, not Bestop. Just in a list of numbers that I didn't double-check.

So now, they won't honor it and I get terse responses.
My feeling is this is not very good customer service, probably deceptive business practice.
Looking back through threads on here the past year people noted products get dropped without notice from rebates and rejections like the ones above.

Some of the better big vendors on here have examples of better customer service than this. When I ordered two pairs of sill guards from Quadratec but only received one, I called and they shipped me a second set no questions in two days.

So, can't complain about the Bestop product but I will caution everyone to make sure they know what they're ordering and expect to pay full price. I mean if you pay top dollar for a good product then fine, but ordering with the expectation that you're getting it on sale only to be duped leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Sponsored