First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
Thanks for the reply. So they won't give you the offer up front?
No. If they are buying you out 100%, I was told it takes about 21 days. In my state, they have to pay for any upgrades you put on the vehicle as well. You just have to provide receipts.
Sponsored

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L EcoDiesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the reply. So they won't give you the offer up front?
I don't know if the rules have changed, but they bought back my 2012 JKUR way back when I was having the Pentastar head issue. They waited until I had a replacement lined up to give me the offer because it was contingent on miles. They ended up charging me something like $0.38 per mile that was on the vehicle as a wear and tear or usage fee. I was able to fight that fee though and paid for the mileage I was at when the major issues started occurring and when my Jeep was just sitting in the shop for months.

So, in the end for my JKUR buy back wayyy back in 2012, I got what I paid back minus my mileage when I dropped it off for the first major issues X $0.38. Not sure if this is how it works everywhere.

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
I don't know if the rules have changed, but they bought back my 2012 JKUR way back when I was having the Pentastar head issue. They waited until I had a replacement lined up to give me the offer because it was contingent on miles. They ended up charging me something like $0.38 per mile that was on the vehicle as a wear and tear or usage fee. I was able to fight that fee though and paid for the mileage I was at when the major issues started occurring and when my Jeep was just sitting in the shop for months.

So, in the end for my JKUR buy back wayyy back in 2012, I got what I paid back minus my mileage when I dropped it off for the first major issues X $0.38. Not sure if this is how it works everywhere.
Each state calculates fair use differently. If you look at your state's lemon law. It spells it all out.

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L EcoDiesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Each state calculates fair use differently. If you look at your state's lemon law. It spells it all out.
I hear you - I didn't use the Lemon Law in Texas, I was just referring to how Jeep/Chrysler handled my buyback way back in 2012.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.iowaattorneygeneral.gov...-consumer-information/cars/the-iowa-lemon-law

For warranty repairs, repair facilities are required to provide you with a fully-itemized, legible statement or repair order stating:

Any diagnosis made
All work performed on the motor vehicle (including a general description of the problem reported by the consumer)
The date and the odometer reading when the motor vehicle was submitted for examination or repair
The date when the repair or examination was completed.

Include copies of these documents with your letter to the manufacturer, along with a written statement of what you want done to resolve your complaint. Inform the manufacturer that you seek a reply within 10 days of receipt of your letter.

The manufacturer should then contact you with the name and address of a repair facility (accessible to you) where a final attempt will be made to repair your vehicle. If the manufacturer does not contact you within 10 days, you are not required to give the manufacturer another chance to fix the vehicle.

Sponsored

Oakstump

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I’m plagued with this issue since about 500 miles. My case was just moved from Jeep “Cares” to Jeep Wave. Anyone had that happen? Was the service better? Anything to help me understand why it was moved.

my original buyback was denied; I asked again and my case was moved.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
na
After 46 days in the shop, here's my update... (I am no mechanic, so these are random notes I jotted down.. basically they are performing open-heart surgery- cam bias misaligned..phasers...problem during engine assembly. I don't know what all of this means and I thought that my case was being move to the buyback/swap program. This isn't the case. I'm so unhappy. Not sure I will ever buy any FCA product again. Bought 7 new ones in my lifetime. I wish they would just tell me that they screwed up and to go pick up a new one off the lot.

Oakstump

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
After 46 days in the shop, here's my update... (I am no mechanic, so these are random notes I jotted down.. basically they are performing open-heart surgery- cam bias misaligned..phasers...problem during engine assembly. I don't know what all of this means and I thought that my case was being move to the buyback/swap program. This isn't the case. I'm so unhappy. Not sure I will ever buy any FCA product again. Bought 7 new ones in my lifetime. I wish they would just tell me that they screwed up and to go pick up a new one off the lot.
Mine will be at the dealer 30 days Friday. They have told me all those same things and still do not know if it will “fix” the problem. I was told today the parts won’t be in until October 20th and they don’t know how long the work will take. That will make 3 cars payments without the car in my garage. I was so excited to have the car, now I want absolutely nothing to do with it, you would think they could do better than this...it’s sad and I will never own something from FCA again and I will tell everyone I know how pathetic and disappointing this has been.

The wife and I are starting a Lemon law case Friday.

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
You have ample evidence for a lemon law claim. Might as well cut bait.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine will be at the dealer 30 days Friday. They have told me all those same things and still do not know if it will “fix” the problem. I was told today the parts won’t be in until October 20th and they don’t know how long the work will take. That will make 3 cars payments without the car in my garage. I was so excited to have the car, now I want absolutely nothing to do with it, you would think they could do better than this...it’s sad and I will never own something from FCA again and I will tell everyone I know how pathetic and disappointing this has been.

The wife and I are starting a Lemon law case Friday.
IF you were in Iowa, you'd qualify for the Iowa lemon law as it takes 20 days, and they don't have to be consecutive days.

Your truck is under 2 years old, has less than 24,000 miles and weighs less than 15,000 pounds,
Further -
your vehicle has a defect that renders it unreliable,
And this seems to fit you -
  • The vehicle has been out of service for any number of problems for 20 or more days, and a problem still exists. The days do not need to be consecutive.
----------------------------------------------------
To qualify as a “lemon” under the Lemon Law, a vehicle must:

• Be under two years old, and
  • Have less than 24,000 miles on it, and
  • Weigh less than 15,000 lbs. (Weight is listed on vehicle title and registration. Average weight for new vehicles produced in model year 2015 = 4,305 lbs. -- www.epa.gov).
NOTE: Motorcycles, mopeds, motor tricycles, and RVs do not qualify for the Lemon Law.

Additionally, to qualify as a “lemon” under the Lemon Law, your vehicle must have a problem or defect that renders the vehicle unfit, unreliable, or unsafe for ordinary use or significantly diminishes the value of the vehicle that occurred during the Lemon Law rights period.

To qualify as a “lemon” under the Iowa Lemon Law, one or more of the following must be true:

• The vehicle has been in the shop three or more times for the same problem and the problem still exists;
  • The vehicle has been in the shop one time due to a defect likely to cause serious bodily injury or death and the problem still exists;
  • The vehicle has been out of service for any number of problems for 20 or more days, and a problem still exists. The days do not need to be consecutive.

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Still trying to get FCA to buy back this Junker. Brought the vehicle in four times for the same CEL and Start/Stop light. The issue has not been resolved. The vehicle still has the exact same issue each time that I bring the vehicle in and the dealer cannot fix it. I have emailed the Customer Care requesting that the vehicle be bought back since it does not work . I did this again on 8/6/2020, 9/2/2020,9/4/2020, 9/10/2020, 9/14/2020 and 9/23/2020. I have received no response from the FCA Getting an attorney.

Attachments

IMG_8329.jpg
Mine has been at the dealership since June 3rd. Attorneys have been working on a buy back for me now for 2 months. FCA is dragging feat. Hope Ford takes them to the cleaners.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
na
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues jeep repair

This is my Jeep at the dealer. Undergoing exam related to my misfire codes. Anyonw want to guess what they might be doing?

Oakstump

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues jeep repair

This is my Jeep at the dealer. Undergoing exam related to my misfire codes. Anyonw want to guess what they might be doing?
Like I told my wife the other day. They are just sticking their PP into every hole until they find one that feels good.....

Jeep “Wave” has now submitted a 3rd buyback request for my Lemon. Friday marks 30 days and my Lemon Law suit will unfortunately begin in earnest.
Sponsored