Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Build date: says on door 10/19
Mileage when it first occurred: numerous times but latest was 14000 miles had check engine light this time
How many times has it occurred:4-5
What exact codes did it throw: P0300 x2
Is the issue on going?
Y
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? Cleared it with J Scan this time gonna call Dealer this week
Was the issue ever fully resolved?
N
i do notice a ticking when the engine is idle also the misfire is very random although when i had the check engine light on 9/2/20 it had happened twice that day. it usually been the yellow exclamation point so i just turned it off and restarted it but that day the check engine light came on so now im worried

693DB481-1F5B-4988-95F0-53BE9DCA7F0C.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Build date: November 2019
Mileage when it first occurred: numerous times but latest was 14000 miles had check engine light this time
How many times has it occurred:4-5
What exact codes did it throw: P0300 x2
Is the issue on going?
Y
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? Cleared it with J Scan this time gonna call Dealer this week
Was the issue ever fully resolved?
N
i do notice a ticking when the engine is idle also the misfire is very random although when i had the check engine light on 9/2/20 it had happened twice that day. it usually been the yellow exclamation point so i just turned it off and restarted it but that day the check engine light came on so now im worried
Please follow the instructions and post the exact build date :headbang:

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Have an appointment for 9/21. Will try to get a code readout before than. Question - is it safe to drive with this CEL light 400 miles? I am in the OBX, the truck seems to be running ok, no hesitation, no stumbling.
You need to read the codes before you decide to drive 400 miles with the CEL on. This light can come on for a multitude of issues and some should not be driven.

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L EcoDiesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My CEL fired again this morning at 16,725 miles after another rough cold start. D:

Edit: They flashed my PCM at 16,474 miles, so I made it about 200 miles before ESS started acting up again and a whopping 251 miles until the CEL threw again. I guess it's time to make another appointment.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
na
Growing frustrated. I'm on day 19 in the shop. Now 22 total days. Same issue as everyone else in here. P0300, ASS light. Keep hearing that engineers are working on a software fix. I don't think they have taken anything apart, but i really don't know. I am debating next steps.
JTR. Built Sept 2019, bought in Dec. 6700 miles. CEL/ASS started around 2500 miles. I am pissed...this ruined my holiday weekend. If they can't give me a get well date by next week, then I will start the arbitration process and consider lemon law. And if somehow they do something great and make me very happy, I'll be sure to let the world know how great they are.

Sponsored

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
Almost 2,200 miles now. No faults recorded since 8/20. I've driven some highway but mostly local short trips. The engine is really running well and the power seems to have improved with miles - like any other new vehicle I've driven. Averaging 20.4mpg overall. I get an occasional "lump" or stumble at idle but I'm pretty confident that mechanically the engine is fine. If things stay this way, when I go in for the first oil change I'll get the latest flash. I hope I haven't jinxed it making this post....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
just say 10/19 on my door
Nope, it says a whole lot more.
Look again at the sticker - MDH That is MONTH, DAY/DATE, HOUR
So you know the EXACT year, month, day and HOUR of the final assembly of your truck. It's on the sticker.

Fdisker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Happened again at cold start first the exclamation point came on turned it off restarted and happened again with the check engine light couldn't check the code on way to work but i know its gonna be a multiple misfire p0300 , seems to be more prevalent now then in past
@JeepCares

Fdisker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
So you know the EXACT year, month, day and HOUR of the final assembly of your truck. It's on the sticker.
Mine was a personal build came from factory to my dealer got it in Nov 2019 took 1 month from order

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues A9CF548E-AAA2-45A7-A659-47630546D0E7

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a personal build came from factory to my dealer got it in Nov 2019 took 1 month from order

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 20200803_195616
You still have the MDH.
It's in the corner of the sticker.
Mine was special order, order went in October 17th, 2019, I picked the truck up November 15th, 2019, it came into the dealership on the 15th, I picked it up the same day. The Window sticker says this truck was built especially for... and has my name.
They still put the month, date and hour of final assembly on the sticker.
Check other posts for the exact placement of the info. Several pictures show where to look and I have described it several times.
Here's a copy of what someone else posted, I circled it in red.

In this case, it's 011312 which means JANUARY 13 at 12 noon (24 hour format - 14 would be 2pm)
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues Build Sticker

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You sir are much more patient than me.. im tapping out!
Sponsored