Sponsored

Swapped 2020 Overland for 2021 Mojave

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The dealer I bought mine from in 2020 has called me multiple times trying to buy back the JTR for the same price I paid (55k after getting a few off of original price) I went on Jeep.com and built the same one and it came out to 68K. No way I could get the same thing newer with the options I have now. Sounds like you made out like a bandit on that trade up.
Same for me, I looked at going to a diesel version of mine, and they would give me what i paid at 54k, but the new rubi diesel even with mine in feature was 63k even with the gupton discount.
Sponsored

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
I test drove a Rubi, Mojave, and TURO'd a Sport...
I actually thought the Mojave ride was the best suited for the somewhat pock-marked roadways of NYC... probably very congruous to rougher sand/gravelly roadways. I thought the Rubi was a tiny bit stiffer. The Sport felt like a Sport wrangler... just my opinion. But definitely factored in my decision making...
(Not to mention the Mojave and Rubi just looked a bit "cooler" to me... the Sport almost felt a bit anemic, looks wise...)

Can't comment on Overland... not sure how different that suspension is.

same_O_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave; 2008 JKU (RIP)
But did you drive a Gladiator Overland?
Rubicon, yeah, heavier springs, made with the idea of leaning a bit heavier on the off-road side of things.
My Overland Gladiator has a better ride than even Grand Cherokees when it comes to certain road, and the pavement joints are quieter, no thump thump, it takes RR tracks as good as, if not better than, my wife's GC.
It leans more toward the comfort side of things.
Each of these trucks has a purpose in mind. If there was a chart with total highway comfort and ride quality on one end and total off-road, take trails, highway be damned suspension on the other end or extreme, Overland leans toward the former, Rubicon towards the latter.
Mojave has to have long softer springs as it's made for running the dunes in the MiddleEast - there's a version of it specifically made to sell over there.

Many who say "Mojave ride is the very best" haven't driven the others for any length of time. I know some have - but it takes more than a "test drive" to know how these will take ALL types of bumps, humps, dips, pot holes, RR tracks and other fun stuff. A 20 minute test drive just isn't all that telling.

But look at the purpose for which level is made, the market group each level is made for or aimed at.
Each is made for, or aimed at a specific buyer group and purpose.
If there was any off-roading to be done, the Rubicon would have been a more serious contender for me - but I aimed more for long trips to other places, driving 2 or 3 states away for shows and swap meets and sitting in the thing for 8-11 hours at a time.
That's fair. No, I haven't driven an Overland. And maybe not every JT Rubi is like the one I drove... but man, it floated all over on the Interstate and it turned me off immediately (especially since I almost died due to a floaty Jeep). Maybe something was wrong with it 🤷‍♂️

I just mean I've been in plenty of JKs and TJs and my Mojave coasts over terrain (and potholes) that used to rattle my teeth. I live off a dirt road with sections of washboard (southern New Mexico) and the Mojave soaks it up better than my Tacoma Off-Road did.

But agreed amigo, different strokes for different folks! That's the beauty of Jeeps.
Sponsored