Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I realize these guys came up with the kit but they are making a huge markup on this.
Is there anything you buy aftermarket that isnt a huge markup?

Considering it includes the new engine & transmission as well as the ECU programming I dont think its that far off. They have put in the work to make sure its an as good as OEM solution without compromise where everything just works.

I do think its expensive. The cost is the same as I paid for my truck so thats too rich for my blood, but I would pay it if I could afford it.
Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
40k is steep, yes. But what do you think Jeep is going to charge if they ever do put a hemi in it? I’ve got a buddy on the wrangler design Team at Jeep. According to him if it ever did happen, it won’t be in this model. Because the engine bay would need to be elongated so much for crash approval.

So anyway, Jeep will at least add 25k to the sticker price for a 6.4, look at the price jump in the grand Cherokee. I don’t know, it was worth it to me.
A Durango SRT with the 6.4L HEMI starts at $65K and goes up from there. I think your conversion from a third-party outlet is right in the ballpark of what to expect. I LOVE the fact that there are HEMI JTs out there. It makes me smile.

This is not about "bang for your buck"; it's about having one of the baddest-ass Jeeps on the road.

Also love the SRT decal with the Rubicon lettering. Nice touch. :like::beer:

OP
OP
kyleking777

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
A Durango SRT with the 6.4L HEMI starts at $65K and goes up from there. I think your conversion from a third-party outlet is right in the ballpark of what to expect. I LOVE the fact that there are HEMI JTs out there. It makes me smile.

This is not about "bang for your buck"; it's about having one of the baddest-ass Jeeps on the road.

Also love the SRT decal with the Rubicon lettering. Nice touch. :like::beer:
Glad to see someone out there feels the way I do!

And thanks for the decal compliment, I thought that was a good touch as well! Lol

Also the steel SRT logo on the tailgate where the “Overland” or “ launch edition” tag usually goes

CCDF7945-211E-4226-8E3C-F3DBB9C01AE8.jpeg

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Deep down, I wouldn't mind getting one of those defective motors that people are bitching about, so I could swap in a HEMI when it goes.

Dumb question maybe, but do all of the infotainment screens work exactly the same as they did prior to the swap? Does the driving computer's MPG calculation still make sense?

OP
OP
kyleking777

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Deep down, I wouldn't mind getting one of those defective motors that people are bitching about, so I could swap in a HEMI when it goes.

Dumb question maybe, but do all of the infotainment screens work exactly the same as they did prior to the swap? Does the driving computer's MPG calculation still make sense?
Every single thing works as it did the day I got it from the factory.

Minus the auto start stop. That is no longer used. Also, the rev limiter in N or P, that’s no longer there. I can take it passed through 2500rpm Mark.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Damn! That thing looks sexy as hell in there. Looks like it fits absolutely perfectly. Almost looks like it fits better then the 3.6 if that's possible...

OP
OP
kyleking777

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Another thing I want to mention, in regards to the price. This install was turn key. I dropped the jeep off on a Tuesday at 2 pm, and picked it up a week later.

It also comes with a 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty. That’s worth it’s weight in gold right there.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
What trans is used? bubba is gonna build my diesel but he recommended tons behind it I imagined 60s would be mandatory with this

OP
OP
kyleking777

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
What trans is used? bubba is gonna build my diesel but he recommended tons behind it I imagined 60s would be mandatory with this
Bubba is fantastic and does great work at Exodus 4x4

He highly highly suggested moving to Dana 60s. However, I’m going to see what these gen 3 Dana 44s can do. Everyone always says how weak they are, well I’m going to strap 505 hp to them then see how long they last. Maybe this knowledge will help someone else down the road when deciding to do the same.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
can the transfer case and axles support the increased HP?

Bruce

Sponsored

Dooley the Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wranger, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2000 Honda VT1100
It’s about 30 min south of austin, I forget what the little town is that it’s in.
Is that 30 minutes before or after the swap? I figure if it is before the swap, it couldn't be more than 15 minutes back after the swap .... :)

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Curious what a 5.7 swap would cost if I was to retain my factory 8spd trans...? I don't need a ton more power, but I'd love a mild V8 in my JT.
I'll have to look into that.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Since Jeep won’t do it, I did it myself

VIDEOS

PHOTOS

Jeep Gladiator Swapped a 6.4L V8 Hemi into my Gladiator Rubicon "SRT" (Videos & Pics) CCDF7945-211E-4226-8E3C-F3DBB9C01AE8
Jeep Gladiator Swapped a 6.4L V8 Hemi into my Gladiator Rubicon "SRT" (Videos & Pics) CCDF7945-211E-4226-8E3C-F3DBB9C01AE8

Updated with comments:

My thoughts are this thing is incredible... that much power at your fingertips is never anything I’ve ever had in the many Jeeps I’ve owned. I understand 40k is a big ask, but it was worth every penny so far. Drivability is exactly as stock, just with much more acceleration, and it’s a bit harder to stop with factory rubicon brakes, and 40s...

Daily driver, easily. I’ve already head it on a 500 mile trip, and smiled whenever I wasn’t at a gas station. The 20gal tank is a bit small for this engine. I’m getting about 13mpg (calculated) on the highway.
And about 10.5mpg mixed driving. But let’s be real I’m hammering this thing every chance I get so those numbers are skewed

I’ve not towed with it, but I feel like I could pull a house. They did a fantastic job keeping this engine cool. I never see higher than 210° even at idle in 95° sunny day.

40k is steep, yes. But what do you think Jeep is going to charge if they ever do put a hemi in it? I’ve got a buddy on the wrangler design Team at Jeep. According to him if it ever did happen, it won’t be in this model. Because the engine bay would need to be elongated so much for crash approval.

So anyway, Jeep will at least add 25k to the sticker price for a 6.4, look at the price jump in the grand Cherokee. I don’t know, it was worth it to me.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep is going to charge 25k? Pure speculation I suppose. The 6.4 is a mass produced engine that is everywhere. The price MSRP difference between say a Grand Cherokee Summit and an SRT is only 15K. Still steep but probably more likely in economies of scale.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Jeep is going to charge 25k? Pure speculation I suppose. The 6.4 is a mass produced engine that is everywhere. The price MSRP difference between say a Grand Cherokee Summit and an SRT is only 15K. Still steep but probably more likely in economies of scale.
is the SRTthe track hawk? I thought that was a hellcat?
Sponsored