Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
engineering manager
OK quick update.

Just downgraded the SW back to 11.2.5 and everything is back to working normal again.

So it's definitely a bug in SW 11.2.7 and 11.2.8.

Reactions: JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
OK quick update.

Just downgraded the SW back to 11.2.5 and everything is back to working normal again.

well, pulling mine now and going back to 11.2.5

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
OK quick update.

Glad at least downgrading fixed the issue. Make sure you let them know the 11.2.8 update still didn't fix it. I've got one of these waiting for me when I get back home next weekend which is why I've been following so closely.

Sponsored

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Had a similar issue today with the abs and brake light. I was parking and must have held brakes for a few seconds. Lights came on dash, but when stopped when I applied the gas. I have 11.2.7, thinking of going back to 11.2.5, thoughts? Any one having luck with 11.2.8?

Patrick34

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I've reached out to support but I had 2 instances in the last 2 days where the Jeep behaved unexpectedly.
1- Yesterday while scrolling through options with the Jeep in park and running, I hit left arrow and cruise down button (res minus) and the dash blinked rock crawl and the ABS and BRAKE lights flashed and my brakes locked and I could not get them to unlock. The manual states, release the buttons and the brakes will release, similar to line lock. The jeep would not move against the locked brakes. I changed gears, changed to park, powered down, opened the door, closed the door and waited for the dash to shut down. On restart the lights were still flashing and brakes still locked.
At this point I cleared the 2 DTC codes that were showing, full reboot, 2 sleep cycles of opening and closing door and repeating. Upon restarting again, the issue persisted. I went to the live menu and brake hold was OFF, I cycled it on, and back off and restarted the Jeep and it was fine. I drove around and it was fine. I left brake hold OFF which seems to mean the ANCHOR mode doesn't work either but so be it.

2- This morning while in line at the security checkpoint for work, holding light brake pressure creeping up to the gate, the ABS and BRAKE lights flashed, SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM, SERVICE START STOP all flashed and the brakes locked again. I ended up using 4hi and driving through them so I could pull over to the shoulder. I followed everything above and nothing would get them to release, even clearing codes and unmarrying the Tazer. I remarried it, ensured brake hold was still off, full reboot, 2 sleep cycles and restarted the Jeep. I only used enough brake pressure to get it in drive as they were still flashing and holding pressure. At this point I crept through the line using the parking brake to stop every time. At the wellness checkpoint I put it in neutral and set the parking brake. When I opened the door, alarms went off and it activated auto park. I cycled from neutral, to park, to drive, again, with the lightest pedal pressure that would release the shift interlock. As soon as I was able to move up to 10mph, all lights cleared.

I have an e-mail and a text into support but I'm not sure if I should unmarry and reconnect the oem module to ensure I can get home now or what to do as I haven't heard back yet.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm on Beta 3 FW currently.
I have a 2021 Gladiator Sport (non-max tow) and I experienced several very scary brake system anomalies. I am running the Tazer Mini with firmware 11.2.8-06321. I think I have it fixed. Maybe my experience will help you or someone else.

The first instance was (and repeatable on command) simply foot on the brake, park to drive. The ABS and Brake lights flashed and and alarm rang. I tried to press the accelerator, but you could feel the brakes were locked. after a few seconds on the gas it released and I could drive off. This did not ever occur shifting from park to reverse or park to neutral.

The second instance I was traveling at about 15-20mph and had to brake quickly. Before I was stopped all 4 wheels locked up and the ABS/Break lights and alarms were going. The gas pedal trick did not work this time. I put it in park and pumped the breaks and it cleared. I went to drive and the first instance repeated itself and I was able to drive off.

The third instance I was at a drive-tru ordering in drive with my foot on the brake. It did the lights/alarms again. I powered thru the brakes and it released (frustrated at this point).

Here is what I think was happening/ what I learned:
1) For instance 2 I had not yet recalibrated for putting 35" tires on. So the system thought I had come to a complete stop before I actually had and activated the brake hold. So if your tires are a different size or maybe overinflated/underinflated it can affect this system.

2) The brake hold feature is ACTIVE by DEFAULT for live functions.

3) The brake hold feature is completely intermittent, as are a few other features such as the auto shutoff on stops (if you leave the button activated). Both of these features depend on many inputs from the vehicle and sometimes they miss the mark. How quickly you brake, how long you hold, and how far you push the pedal all affect how it works.

4) Only activate the features you want and add others slowly as you get more comfortable with the Tazer.

5) Make sure you do the double sleep cycle correctly to avoid random issues the first time after a setting change. This means wait for the screen to turn off AND WAIT AN ADDITIONAL MINUTE. Open and close the door. Wait for the screen to turn off again AND WAIT ANOTHER ADDITINOAL MINUTE. Get in, start it, and go test your changes. If it is weird, sleep cycle it again on the side of the road.

6) I tried to reactivate the break hold to learn how to use it correctly. I never found a consistent way to disable the brake hold once it goes active. I will never use this function again, nor do I recommend it until it is improved.

Since doing this, my "bugs" seem to be fixed. But support would likely call my case user error. I hope this helps someone.

AiRSiK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft mech
Just had the same problem( not locking brakes, but flashing brake and abs lights) on my 21 Mojave. Rolled back the firmware 11.2.5 and no problems.

Last edited:

M4Fun

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2001 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
IT Manager
Thanks God for this Forum.

I upgraded to 11.2.7 two weeks ago - never notice anything off till today and as my wife was driving. Never got out of the parking lots - she must have kept her foot on the break - twice.

Third time we started moving fine. Happened to me at a stop light on the return trip.

And writing this after reading this.

What in the world is this feature for? I cant figure it out???

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
What in the world is this feature for? I cant figure it out???
First, you should probably upgrade to version 11.2.8, which has been out for a month.
Then follow Patrick's advice in post #38.
The manual sucks, but it appears this "feature" is intended to keep the brakes on when you come to a full stop until you hit the gas. I guess to this is either for amazingly lazy people, or as a safety feature in case your foot slips off the pedal? No idea, and the manual doesn't say. The worst thing is it appears to be ON by default. IMNHO, default settings should ALWAYS be OEM function.

This is all the manual says:
Jeep Gladiator Tazer JL Mini Brakes Locked Up Unintentionally Multiple Times 1625215678287

Jeep Gladiator Tazer JL Mini Brakes Locked Up Unintentionally Multiple Times 1625215700252

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
just updated yesterday. going to turn that feature off for sure. seems kind of janky based on the lights on the dashboard that appear and I don't find it too useful. Anchor mode being harder to implement seems interesting to me though

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Brake hold will not flash any warning lights and turns itself off automatically. In my case I was unable to move and there were multiple warning lights.
Are you certain? Mine flashes ABS and Brake continually until I press the gas, and it always unlocks. I sent a text to verify, but if feels like it's working as intended. The only thing is, I have the Tazer Lite and these upgrades and instructions manual are listed for the Tazer Mini. There's no manual for the Lite so maybe they work different. I'll update the thread when they answer.
BryanJT mine did this to me today for the first time and I was taken off guard with it. My jeep did exactly what Ray Howrad stated. I went into the LIve Settings of the Tazer and turned off the Brake Hold mode and I no longer get the issue.

What I noticed was it was setting off with brake pressure. Under a light brake press it wouldn't set off the Brake Hold mode but if i pressed a little further and harder on the brake it would engage the Brake Hold at any given time. I could sit there and keep the brake pressure applied hard and then switch to park and the lights would go out, then go back to drive and it would instantly go into the hold mode and flash the ABS and Brake lights. I actually called Jeep and setup an appointment to have it looked at because i thought i was having ABS issues. Obviously its not and is doing exactly what Ray Howrad had stated in his post.

Looks like by what everyone is saying, i'm going to remove the Tazer and flash it for 11.2.5 and i should be good to go.

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
Has anyone reached out to Joe@Zauto ? I know he follows the JL Forums but not sure if he is on here. He is really great about texting or getting back. to you. Also there is a link to report any issues!

https://www.zautomotive.com/reports/

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I noticed another issue though some might consider it a feature with brake hold. It doesn't leave my engine off. It turn off the auto stop and fires back up the engine. might be a reason why this has to be, but feature seems exceptionally useless if now my engine is back to running.
Sponsored