The bed outlet... anyone use it?

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone else tried this out yet? I know it’s about 400w at 3.5 amp or something like that but so much easier to plug in and find out... besides the dealer said I could hook up a toaster to it!!! No kidding that is what he said. Only example of using it he offered. I do need to try.

4DB1A11B-0D67-4CF7-AD99-CE4E53C7E45A.jpeg

It lights up when turned on.

Anyway, with my unthought out excitement last night I rode to the trailer lot to add some boards to my trailer. Had a cordless drill and hand saw and such tools but wait... I have a Jeep allegedly capable of making plain bread crispy and enhancing breakfasts. I most harness this power for good and less domestic things. Circular saw, shop light and small drill press loaded - check.

CFD6782B-9EF2-415C-A188-E4B412B269F7.jpeg

So this half worked out... Had to cut the boards by hand but I could run the drill press. Now I couldn’t use the little light that illuminates the bit on the press while the drill was running but hole could still be made in boards. Shop light worked fine.
Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Anyone else tried this out yet? I know it’s about 400w at 3.5 amp or something like that but so much easier to plug in and find out... besides the dealer said I could hook up a toaster to it!!! No kidding that is what he said. Only example of using it he offered. I do need to try.

Anyway, with my unthought out excitement last night I rode to the trailer lot to add some boards to my trailer. Had a cordless drill and hand saw and such tools but wait... I have a Jeep allegedly capable of making plain bread crispy and enhancing breakfasts. I most harness this power for good and less domestic things. Circular saw, shop light and small drill press loaded - check.

So this half worked out... Had to cut the boards by hand but I could run the drill press. Now I couldn’t use the little light that illuminates the bit on the press while the drill was running but hole could still be made in boards. Shop light worked fine.
Yeah, I was thinking I would throw the circular saw in there and cut the boards at Lowe's but I gather that's not going to be possible with that outlet. I"m not really sure what I'll ever use it for unless I can convince my wife that we should do some Overlanding once the kiddo is a little older.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

So... Half plywood? Great thread.. My only question is did the toaster work? I had one as a kid that would go over a fire, looked like a grid pattern. But that wasn't electric. Here, check it out:

eacfe64fb7d6a90464b123dd43573790.jpg

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I used it to blow up an air mattress and run some lights while camping, but that's about it. Worked fine for both.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
The power is 400 watts, I have found it is slightly better than tits on boar hog. A small blender, cell phone charger or if needed a tooth brush. I believe a 400 watt inverter Split between two outlets is about as useful as my ex wife's opinion.

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
So... Half plywood? Great thread.. My only question is did the toaster work? I had one as a kid that would go over a fire, looked like a grid pattern. But that wasn't electric. Here, check it out:

Jeep Gladiator The bed outlet... anyone use it? eacfe64fb7d6a90464b123dd43573790
This is the temperature sensor that Jeep uses to measure the clutch temperature - will be installed as part of the recall fix. If it makes toast the computer cuts power to the engine and you go into limp mode. And you can eat the toast because you are probably a long way from home...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
This is the temperature sensor that Jeep uses to measure the clutch temperature - will be installed as part of the recall fix. If it makes toast the computer cuts power to the engine and you go into limp mode. And you can eat the toast because you are probably a long way from home...
You a funny m'fer. And, unfortunately, sadly, a truthteller. I can't find a joke or an old advertising for a clutch with a brain or that needs a brain or whose brain doesn't work. Stay tuned. I'm on it. :like::rock::LOL::CWL:

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
I ran my small Traeger grill on it for a couple of hours. Worked great.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve used it for my 120v chargers for my battery powered tools, drill, impact, saws all, circular saw... 400 watts is better than the 150 watts in my JK inverter But still not enough to carry anything heavy. Look at the label on the device you want to use and ensure it isn’t more than 400w.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I used to to keep a crock pot warm twice and once to charge a laptop. Tried power tools on it and it kept shutting down on me.

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
I’ve not had much luck with it other than some LeD flood lights, 20v charger for dewalt tools, and my dometic. It won’t start a shop vac or anything useful like that.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
TFL did a review on it. Want able to run much. As noted above, charge batteries is best. Can the inverter be upgraded?

GladiatorRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Thread necro! I use the 110 inside the cab to power the pump that inflates my portable kayak....thinking about running the wires to the one in the bed so it's a bit more convenient. Or I could just get an extension cord, but that's wayyyy to practical.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
this is why I did what i discussed earlier in this thread, I didnt get the factory option, instead installed my own with a dedicated batt and inverter, then wired up a plug in the bed. Getting a theoretical 12.5 amps, so can run a few small tools and such. It comes in handy at times. Isolator to the batt keeps the main start batt good and tops off the deep cycle as the engine runs
Sponsored