Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Seems I've discovered the only major flaw I've really found with my Jeep...the dreaded sunvisor fail. During the trip out to OR in October, the passenger side sunvisor's swivel mount failed, and it was left hanging. I could not remove it from the storage position or it would flop around. I got out to OR, contacted local dealer, and they replaced lickety split (Jeep dealer in Medford, OR is TOP NOTCH IMHO).

I've come home several weeks ago, and now my driver's side sunvisor has done the same thing :(.

I'd hope that Jeep comes up with a permanent fix for this...
Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Seems I've discovered the only major flaw I've really found with my Jeep...the dreaded sunvisor fail. During the trip out to OR in October, the passenger side sunvisor's swivel mount failed, and it was left hanging. I could not remove it from the storage position or it would flop around. I got out to OR, contacted local dealer, and they replaced lickety split (Jeep dealer in Medford, OR is TOP NOTCH IMHO).

I've come home several weeks ago, and now my driver's side sunvisor has done the same thing :(.

I'd hope that Jeep comes up with a permanent fix for this...

This has been an issue since the JL’s first came out in 2018. I had both my front visors replaced because of this issue. The driver side had completely failed and they replaced the passenger side as it was already wearing out and I’ve only ever moved it to the side once. It’s just cheaper for them to make and replace the plastic part under warranty than re-engineer the whole part.

Last edited:

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
It’s just cheaper for them to make and replace the plastic part under warranty than re-engineer the whole part.
Haven't JL people already discovered a metal replacement part that solves the problem of the failing plastic part?

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mine broke 50 miles off the lot on the way home, brand new. Took months to get because it was the home link version.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yep my driver side broke some months back. Went to put it down and it just fell out of the socket dangling.

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
I fixed both of mine in about 30 minutes with the tension/push nut method. It's how they should have been done in the first place. Two washers, two push nuts and a dremel!!

MVP89

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I never heard of the sun visor issue until reading this post but I have the issue. Unfortunately my drivers side visor arm popped out about 2 months ago. I pushed it back in and it still popped out easily and I hardly ever swing my visor out from the clip or even swing it down. Got an appointment at the dealer in 2 weeks to get fixed.

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
That's the version I did, but I saw a clip on youtube. The only hard part was disassembling the connector. I think I spent $0.85 on parts, lol. I figured it wasn't worth taking it in if all they were going to do was replace it with the same poorly designed parts.

Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I fixed my sun visor today before they broke I ran across these retaining clips on BRP Auto Design it took about 10 minutes to install I think they were 24 dollars and that was free shipping there’s a YouTube video from BRP showing the install there’s a lip on the sun visor frame that the clip pushes up against and want let it fall out or break

Jeep Gladiator The dreaded sunvisor FEC5D9F8-1DC6-48DD-8393-BEF185362651

Jeep Gladiator The dreaded sunvisor 88A9F21E-F3E1-4EDC-977D-A46B015F9853

Jeep Gladiator The dreaded sunvisor E282F193-13A9-4FD5-8D62-751B22FF083F

Jeep Gladiator The dreaded sunvisor D0F8319C-C436-4E87-90FF-7E427820A628

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I have never understood how people keep breaking these things. My wife and I both use ours religiously and i have almost 41000 miles on mine and they haven't broke yet.
I doubt I use my visors 3x/ month, and I am not hard on them when I do use them. My driver's side did the collapse-and-dangle thing on me in September and the dealer has had it back-ordered. I'm more than capable of doing the various fixes but am piled deep with other projects and this is just a silly problem to be having.

OP
OP
Yallaen

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed that it's silly! I'm going to have the dealer replace the driver side, then get those clips mentioned.

RJA

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Many thanks for the great info about the visor issue. Both of mine broke yesterday. I use both visors every day to secure my sin shade. The visors still shouldn't break. Took the drivers side apart last night and confirmed it is a poor design. Glad to see the visor clips mentioned above. Will order some today. Always seems to be "family secrets" with the Jeep and they reveal themselves only after some time - like my leaky rear window and the paint bubbling on all of the door hinges.
Sponsored