First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
After the location of the window switches the next in line for me is the fact that the license plate lights point directly into the backup camera.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the case with any vehicle. What do you all think is good bad and tolerable but could be better?

I'd like to start with the wiper switch. WTF? you push it up to quick wipe. Pull it back to spray. Most wiper handles you would push down to turn on, nope you have to twist the :surprised: tip. Just a small annoyance LOL.

What are the little things you all love or love to hate?
This is how European car wipers work. I'm guessing its a Fiat switch.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
After the location of the window switches the next in line for me is the fact that the license plate lights point directly into the backup camera.
Yep. Best feature of the Taser, it disables those lights on reverse.

CPTRU1114

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
MFG
Vehicle Showcase
Funny...I was so happy when I found out that the wipers work the way they did. It's the same way as in the Nissan Titan I traded in. My wife's Grand Caravan has the wipers on the left and it drives me nuts!
Same as my Ram 1500 that I traded on the wipers

CPTRU1114

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
MFG
Vehicle Showcase
I love my downsized Truck from the 2018 1500 Ram Rebel.

However, Like some have said, Gas mileage is a tad better, but not very noticable.

Another thing, is the spray in bed liner they did, all the holes were filled and such a pain to get screws in. Had to re-thread a bunch of them just to be the cover on the back.

My front trail cam is like 4K, but my back up looks like a VHS recording of Wizard of Oz.

Finally, My wife calls my jeep a money pit, so I will add this as a bad, but its also a good. Hate/Love that I keep seeing every ones jeeps on here and want to add new things to my Jeep. Want a higher lift, bigger tires, new bumpers, winch, and so on. hahaha

Sponsored

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
The ESS will only leave the engine running with the AC/Heat on if cooling or heating is called for. If the cabin temperature is inside an acceptable range, the ESS will stop the motor.

Kevin
That's not how mine works. Get in and it's over 100 inside. It still stops the motor at the first stop sign. The AC has only just started to chill down much less the cab.

jo.jacques

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys - Sting Grey
Something I love from my Rubi, are the Molle type straps behind the front seats. I have a young child in the back and I can use these to attach multiple things like bags, tablet holder, etc. :)

Also love the multi-direction courtesy lights - easy to light only one section of the cabin without blasting everyone with light!

Its the little things!

One thing I dislike is the insane amount of dirt and rocks that would hit the side of the truck (I live in the country, on a dirt road). I can spend 2 hours cleaning and detailing the truck, then I hit the road and the truck gets dirty in 30 seconds. I also had to put some protection on my door hinges as they were being destroyed. :(

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
The manual mode on the 8AT (for me anyway) is bass ackwards from what Iā€™m used to. It should be forward to upshift & backward to downshift. Disabling ESS every time I start it is a minor annoyance.

Pretty much love everything else.
I actually prefer it like this. My M3 is like this and so are track Porsches(I don't know why regular 911 aren't this way). The reason is because of money shifting. A fast car throws you back into your seat. If your holding onto the shifter then its going to downshift upon acceleration and you'll blow the engine or hit the rev limiter. IDK why they chose to make it like that in the Gladiator but I'm glad they did...Especially since it's the same in the M3.

Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Bad - engine knocks for me if I run 87 or 89, maybe not catastrophically but enough to annoy the heck out of me.

Ugly - The electrical connectors on the doors are terrible.

Good - Wind in my hair and a smile on my face. I have never enjoyed owning a vehicle before this. They were just tools previously, this is more of a toy and tool in one.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Here's what I mentioned before. I don't even have my Jeep yet but this is on my shelf waiting for it like I am...
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/jeep/products/2020-jeep-gladiator-autostop-eliminator
I actually donā€˜t mind hitting the shut off button too much. Iā€™m just glad they included it. What would really piss me off is if there wa no way to run it off at all. They should have designed it so that it would stay off unless you turned it back on though.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I like just about everything about my truck except that it shuts off and on on its own at traffic lights unless I push a little button.
Get a diesel, it doesnā€™t do that, LOL. Start/Stop-NotReady - 99% of the time.

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I don't understand the hatred of the ESS it's one of the features I like on the vehicle. Sitting at a light or drive through throwing gas through the engine for no reason seems stupid to me.

I wish the seat was a bit closer to the floor. If i sit with my butt all the way back my feet don't touch... YAY being short. :( Most of the time it's nice being shorter than average. I'm also more comfortable in cars where the seat is closer to the floor. More of a recliner position than a formal chair position.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Get a diesel, it doesnā€™t do that, LOL. Start/Stop-NotReady - 99% of the time.
Itā€™s ok cause Iā€™ve usually got the AC cranked so high it doesnā€™t work anyway.
Sponsored