First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
Help...I don't have aux switches..are there cams I can use / do I need to deal with wiring etc ?

Thanks
Sponsored

Bob Alpaca

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Occupation
Retired
So is there one of these dashcams that is easily transferable from one vehicle to another. I travel a lot to other countries, and use rental cars. It would really beneficial to be able to show it was not the foreigner's fault, (hopefully).

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thinkware U1000 with front and read dashcam, hardwired in so it stays on while parked and switches to “drive” mode when I start the JTR. More than paid for itself when my last JTR was totaled in a collision. Best accessory? Damn right, moved it right over to the new JTR first thing.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I was running the Garmin 35 Dashcam in my 2015 JKR while stationed in Europe, but since returning and getting the JTR I have been looking at the Blackvue 2 ch, but its so hard to find a proper install video of both the front and rear cams, esp with hardwiring :/

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Where are you guys mounting the front and rear cameras? Typically I'd mount top center in front and rear but not sure that's a good idea in a jeep. Do you just lose the rear camera with the roof and never fold down the front?

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I’m using the raven which is a cell based system. There is a monthly fee of 10 bucks. It also is a parking monitor that alerts you of anything going down while parked. I mounted it in the upper tray and it looks factory installed.

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
OP I drive trucks and don't think you came off as anti trucker. Bad move on that drivers part. Hot tip though to any other people who choose to follow behind trucks, NOT SMART. Glad your glad didn't get dinged up.

Steveg137

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
How hard (easy) is it to hardwire?

Are some models easier than others ?

Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
How hard (easy) is it to hardwire?

Are some models easier than others ?
The hardest part is always running/hiding wires. Add a fuse, some solder or crimp connectors and some shrink tube is all it really takes other than running the wires. I've never hardwired anything in a jeep yet but every other vehicle I've owned over the past 30 years, it's always the same.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
OP I drive trucks and don't think you came off as anti trucker. Bad move on that drivers part. Hot tip though to any other people who choose to follow behind trucks, NOT SMART. Glad your glad didn't get dinged up.

3 or 4 years ago I got tired of chips/dings in my bumper and cracked windshields. Deciding factor was when a chunk of concrete put a huge dent in my hood. The JT sits much higher than the GTI did but follow the 2 second rule and you'd be amazed how few rocks actually hit you.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
3 or 4 years ago I got tired of chips/dings in my bumper and cracked windshields. Deciding factor was when a chunk of concrete put a huge dent in my hood. The JT sits much higher than the GTI did but follow the 2 second rule and you'd be amazed how few rocks actually hit you.[/QUOTE.
3 seconds is the minimum now. Tailgaters have me thinking of a camp perimeter 12 guage blank device facing to the rear. Imagine the fun you could have with a chaff dispenser and auto braking equiped vehicles. Tin foil through the shredder, a CO2 cartridge and a tube.