Sponsored

The most important accessory you can buy

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
3 or 4 years ago I got tired of chips/dings in my bumper and cracked windshields. Deciding factor was when a chunk of concrete put a huge dent in my hood. The JT sits much higher than the GTI did but follow the 2 second rule and you'd be amazed how few rocks actually hit you.
Bingo. There's always a few dummies who want to save pennies by "drafting" trucks though. A lot people also don't realize that aside from from falling debris, they could end up without a head by slamming into the back or a bus/trailer.
Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Yup good advice, I run 2 channel blackvue dashcams on all my vehicles, all hardwired in. Been using blackvue dashcams for a decade, updating them over the years.
Could you send a picture of where you mounted them?. I think I'm going to purchase the 2ch one and haven't seen where people with JT's have them mounted.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Could you send a picture of where you mounted them?. I think I'm going to purchase the 2ch one and haven't seen where people with JT's have them mounted.
Front: having the AUX switches makes it even easier
i-RC9tqPc-L.jpg

Rear: I can just disconnect the cable, if I want to remove the hardtop.
i-SjwrJLd-L.jpg

i-fRvFRFw-L.jpg

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
You're going to make me spend more money now.

Sponsored

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Jeep Gladiator The most important accessory you can buy i-fRvFRFw-L

Awesome, thanks for the pictures. I think im going to put mine where your lane assist module is. I have the aux switches, but those are for all the lights and Im going to hard wire it. My garmin 35 is outdated and after hours of looking at reviews Blackvue seems to be the best (and most expensive).

Jefferyfica

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic
This was one of the first things I bought during my waiting period after ordering my gladiator. I purchased two different ones trying them out in both of my vehicles. So far so good, I can't say anything bad about either one of them at this point.

6E59A1A4-B7EB-4EE7-82A7-67CB239AB6F2.png

F3361199-52C3-4312-86A1-F1B0DBC84657.png

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Hey all - I have used the Rexing cameras in 3 different vehicles and have loved them. I bought the V1 pro for my JTR: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4B75YL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One thing I read was that if you want to wire something to turn on with ignition you need a special cable. Assume that I don't want to power from 12v outlets as I am using them for phones, GMRS etc... anyway that special cable is this thing: https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/12-volt-power-adapter-jeep-wrangler-jl. Apparently not using it screws up the computer or something. I know I sound like an idiot but electricity is not my thing.

My question is - do I need to use this special cable to wire my dash cam? In the past with other vehicles I have fused into the 12v cigarette lighter at the fuse box..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Hey all - I have used the Rexing cameras in 3 different vehicles and have loved them. I bought the V1 pro for my JTR: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4B75YL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One thing I read was that if you want to wire something to turn on with ignition you need a special cable. Assume that I don't want to power from 12v outlets as I am using them for phones, GMRS etc... anyway that special cable is this thing: https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/12-volt-power-adapter-jeep-wrangler-jl. Apparently not using it screws up the computer or something. I know I sound like an idiot but electricity is not my thing.

My question is - do I need to use this special cable to wire my dash cam? In the past with other vehicles I have fused into the 12v cigarette lighter at the fuse box..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Most dash cams that come with any kind of hardwire kit will have two wires that go to your fuse box - one is on all the time (for parking mode), and one is only on with ignition (for driving). The only hard part is routing them through the firewall.

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
I see a lot of posts about the thousands of dollars of accessories people are getting on their Gladiators, but I want to make sure everyone knows that the most important accessory you can get is to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a good dash cam. I was going through some threads the other day, and I saw a bunch of posts about getting cracked and chipped windshields due to trucks kicking rocks.

While I didn't work for the DOT, I worked with the DOT for about 10 years a while back, and one of the things they told me is that if you're hauling anything, you are 100% responsible for your load. Every speck of dust, every grain of sand. Those stickers the truckers put on the back of their trailers that say "Not responsible for broken windshields" are as valid as me putting a sticker on the back of my truck that says, "If you read this, you must pay me $100."

My family has had 3 windshields replaced paid for by trucking companies because they didn't tarp their gravel or cover a load. My dad had a bolt that, I kid you not, was the size of flashlight fly out of the back of a metal recycle truck and smash into his windshield. It imbedded into the windshield. He took some pics of the truck company and all related numbers, and after a week of calling around and internet research we finally found them (they try to make it hard to find out a contact number). They tried to pull that "not responsible" crap until we sent them a picture of the bolt still in the windshield and told them the DOT would be really interested to see that, and the next day a mobile windshield van pulled up and replaced the windshield.

A dash cam will save you the hassle and headache of them denying it. Just send them the video if they argue with you, and tell them you'd be happy to send it to the DOT as well, and they can mediate if needed.

Sorry for the soapbox, but I just had the experience yesterday of a guy hauling an empty trailer he must have used for transporting yellow iron, and it was full of rocks and gravel that must have fallen off whatever he had on before. The guy flies past me, pulls in front of me, hits a bump, and unloads a sandbox of rocks all over my 3 month old, 1,000 miles on the odometer Gladiator. I was fuming, but I had my dash cam, and caught his license plate and company name. THANKFULLY, somehow there wasn't even a scratch or chip.

Be careful out there, and DO NOT let lazy haulers who refuse to cover their loads, or clean and brush out their flatbeds get away with destroying your property.

Edit: I just wanted to make sure that I didn't come off as anti-trucker. I think they're some of the hardest working people out there, but there are definitely some unsavory ones that take shortcuts and just don't care (just like with any field).
My last cravked windshield was from a lifted pickup with like 37s protruding like 8" out past the fenders. I wish Is had a cam for that guy.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator The most important accessory you can buy F3361199-52C3-4312-86A1-F1B0DBC84657

Jeep Gladiator The most important accessory you can buy F3361199-52C3-4312-86A1-F1B0DBC84657

did you run the wire under the carpet to the rear?

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
For you guys running the BlackVue cameras, did you purchase any other accessories with it or wish you had? I'm looking at the 900x-2CH and am wondering if I need the auxiliary battery and/or LTE module.

My truck can be parked for upwards of 14+ hours in a tight parking garage at work; I would like for it to record this. Will the stock battery support this or do I need an additional unit?

Will the camera send you push notifications if something hits it? Does that require the LTE module? Or is the module just for uploading videos to the cloud? Can you look at video clips on your phone while away from the truck without the LTE module?

I have the Factory Aux switches. What about them exactly makes wiring the camera easier?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to get it right the first time.
Sponsored