The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
It's all about how you plan to use your Jeep. Best to carefully sort all that out BEFORE you make your final model selection. I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of Rubicon models never get close to being driven in places that they are designed to handle. Most Jeep owners would be shocked to see where you can take a dead stock Jeep, if you are a reasonably skilled driver with a good spotter.
Agree with that. To many get caught up in the look, the gear and the specs rather than what it is they are trying to do.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I totally thought you were at one of my favorite spots above Prescott AZ. Same view, minus the lake.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2015 Harley Tri Glide, 1928 Ford roadster pickup
Not gonna lift it. Been there, done that. Rubi sized tires are good enough. I’m getting old and stiff. Anywhere I can’t get with the truck, I’ll just take an atv. I drive to get to a certain spot, not for a challenge or pleasure. If the truck won’t do it, it’s atv time.

Sponsored

area5179

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
$200 for the rubi take offs. Got JKS disconnects. Adding a Terraflex spacer to the front to negate the tiny bit of rubbing I get while flexed. Running a 33 mud tire. I'll take my Philistine comments.

Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either 330B766E-1FF2-4C72-ABE2-6B452F3767B1
Not only is that a killer color (especially on your wheels) but the "Rat Patrol" call out takes it to an even better level!!!

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Thanks man. Call out to the show and the song by one of my favorite bands. Song was about the show.

Not only is that a killer color (especially on your wheels) but the "Rat Patrol" call out takes it to an even better level!!!

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
not sure if this will kick me out of the group but picking up Rubi springs and shocks next weekend and have a 3/4 spacer for front and rear . Will be putting on my base sport , will decide on rear 3/4 spacer after I do the front. Have almost 2" rake currently at pinch welds.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
It's all about how you plan to use your Jeep. Best to carefully sort all that out BEFORE you make your final model selection. I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of Rubicon models never get close to being driven in places that they are designed to handle. Most Jeep owners would be shocked to see where you can take a dead stock Jeep, if you are a reasonably skilled driver with a good spotter.
Most people thought I was nuts because of the places I’d take my Taurus Limited AWD.
With the Gladiator I’m practically unstoppable!
Why bother with expensive modifications when it meets my needs just fine as it is?

Kevin

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yeah I had a 71 Bug that was my go everywhere beast for years.

Most people thought I was nuts because of the places I’d take my Taurus Limited AWD.
With the Gladiator I’m practically unstoppable!
Why bother with expensive modifications when it meets my needs just fine as it is?

Kevin

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
shhhhhhhh....it's been nice and empty
I went up there a few months back and we got some low level clouds...made for some cool pictures. And I won't be saying where it is. lol

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Mine got me here for lunch.
Day trip and 4wd to get to a nice empty spot.

Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either 330B766E-1FF2-4C72-ABE2-6B452F3767B1
And that right there is the best part of my Jeep. With the kids, no place special, but special none the less. The Jeep gets us where we wouldn’t otherwise be able to go.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Yup. This all day.

And that right there is the best part of my Jeep. With the kids, no place special, but special none the less. The Jeep gets us where we wouldn’t otherwise be able to go.
Sponsored