Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I leave my stuff unlocked with no valuable inside. Too many previous broken windows and nothing of value taken. So many people leave hand guns, golf clubs, and laptops in vehicles here that if it’s locked they think something is inside.
Back in the day, we delt with people who stole the property of others, and short of cutting off their f***ing hands they got the message and NEVER tried that shit again.
Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Ha. Hysterical,. He was based at JFK also.,

I went to school in NJ, hoboken. I learned a lot of great jersey jokes at that time.

So a guy and his girlfriend were making out in his car under the GW bridge. She looked at him and said "Ohh, I want to do it where its dirty". So he drove her to Newark. Or was it Jersey City?
I think I know that GIRL......

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Anyone else having problems with their Gladiator being a thief magnet? Had a two-man team (tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum) literally rip off my tonneau cover bending the top of the bed just to get into my mostly empty truck bed. On the bright side, glad I still have my cat converter though :)

photo1636842544 (1).jpeg

photo1636842545.jpeg
Irony is…

the Billie Bars are easy to remove and worth more than what was in the bed

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
People are butt holes, sorry OP.

People say my roll up cover isn't really a good deterrent, but I like the look of it and the fact that protects stuff from the elements when in there. You can break into anything if you really want to and if people want to a hard cover or locking one won't stop them, it might just cause more issue.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Diamondback solves this ;)
I totally agree. Ace Upper Decker for me but same concept. I've now modified my upperdecker so it is 99% car-wash water proof and 99.9% highway driving water proof. Loading an ATV up top is next. Have the parts. Just need time and balls cause if it doesn't work I'm probably going to have an expensive fail...

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
People are butt holes, sorry OP.

People say my roll up cover isn't really a good deterrent, but I like the look of it and the fact that protects stuff from the elements when in there. You can break into anything if you really want to and if people want to a hard cover or locking one won't stop them, it might just cause more issue.
Yep - is why locking gas caps/doors are dumb. Let the thief EASILY steal your gas. Lock the cap? He'll just cut fuel lines or crowbar the cap open causing hundreds if not thousands in damages.

OP
OP
SilverBW408

SilverBW408

First Name
Nino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Occupation
IT Engineer
LOL @ the some of the responses in here. Body shop quoted almost $800 to pound the bed back in and refinish (good thing insurance deductible is low). We got the losers on the security cameras including the license plate from the getaway car. I guess this is just part of the problem of owning a truck.

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
All of this thievery talk reminds me of a Toby Kieth/Willie Nelson song.

Well a man come on the 6 o'clock news
Said somebody's been shot, somebody's been abused
Somebody blew up a building, somebody stole a car
Somebody got away, somebody didn't get too far yeah
They didn't get too far
Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas find a tall oak tree,
Round up all them bad boys hang them high in the street
For all the people to see
We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds
Too much corruption, and crime in the streets
It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
Send 'em all to their maker and he'll settle 'em down
You can bet he'll set 'em down

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I have yet to shoot a man, so no

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I don't know if the tri-fold hard bed cover is any better (I ordered this on my 2022 to come), maybe a little, but a determind thift will get much of what they want...Only thing you can do is try to disensetivise a theif as much as you can.

How are the alarms on the Gladiators? Others have posted that they go off pretty -easilly-? And are loud.

But honestly, the biggist enigma about these jeeps is that there is no hood lock and no locking gas flap/cap in a $55,000-65,000 Truck....

But, I get it, you have a truck, you stick stuff in the bed, it is at risk, but I thought we pretty much invented the tecnology to "defeat" a "Hole" from getting under the hood or pouring stuff down your gas-tube some untold decades ago LOL!...Jeep dosn't seemed to be too worried though, I can buy a heated stearing weel, but have to wait for aftermarket to get some very basic theft deterents. Go figure...But I got hooked on this pricy thing anyway. 👍

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Locks keep honest people honest.
This is what I feel so many people overlook. Lock your doors to keep opportunistic thieves out. Majority of car thefts aren't forced entry, they're entry into unlocked vehicles.

Thieves will walk a parking lot or street and just pull up on door handles. If it opens they ransack it. If it doesn't they keep walking. Why would I not want to deter them? Fear of the one guy that, locked or unlocked, is still going to smash my window or tear into my soft top? Keeping it unlocked won't prevent that. Search for "why did he slash my window when it was already open" on the JL forums and see how little it matters.

The ones that smash your truck to get in aren't taking their time and checking door handles. They want to get in and out as quick as possible. Their mind is already made up. They break in as soon as they walk up.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else having problems with their Gladiator being a thief magnet? Had a two-man team (tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum) literally rip off my tonneau cover bending the top of the bed just to get into my mostly empty truck bed. On the bright side, glad I still have my cat converter though :)

photo1636842544 (1).jpeg

photo1636842545.jpeg
Nope, escaped Kalifornia years ago. Grew up on the peninsula there in the Bay Area and, looking at your profile you live in SJ, you’re surprised that anything not nailed down gets stolen?

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Had my Glad 48 hours. Went to drive it, check engine came on. Drove around block and parked it. Looked for anything obvious, found nothing. Thought I would check gas cap... Holy crap someone stole the gas cap, cut the little plastic lanyard and took the cap. Why would someone need a Glad gas cap??? Bought Mopar lock cap to replace.
Sponsored