First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
They actually are...I use a set in my F Pace(company car) for the same reasons....cooler and comfortable....
whoawhoawhoa
The Chihuahua bought you an F-Pace company car too?
I'm changing damn careers... :CWL:
upload_2019-6-21_8-55-40.png
Sponsored

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’m glad to hear other people feel the “flighty” steering at 55+. I’ve been taking with Jeep dealers, and I’m starting to feel like I’m crazy.... they keep telling me it’s fine.

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
I’m glad to hear other people feel the “flighty” steering at 55+. I’ve been taking with Jeep dealers, and I’m starting to feel like I’m crazy.... they keep telling me it’s fine.
Is this a safety issue on long drives (high speed, remote freeway)?

Or something you get used to, and mitigate sufficiently with lower air pressure?

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer

Sponsored

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
Is this a safety issue on long drives (high speed, remote freeway)?

Or something you get used to, and mitigate sufficiently with lower air pressure?
Personally, I have not experienced anything like flighty steering...it drives fine at 75 on the freeway. It has bigger tires (33") so it should be expected to drive differently than a normal vehicle or SUV with 285/65/16 tires. I haven't touched my PSI since driving it off the lot at 42 PSI. There's no safety issue here...personally I wouldn't read into these 'quirks' too deep and drive one yourself, then determine if you like it. My SRT sometimes felt flighty, depening on the road surface/condition. I feel WAY safer in my Gladiator for some reason!

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
The JT is my first Jeep so I’m kind of learning as I go.But I tend to agree with people on the JT wanting to stray.
I’ve noticed this at speeds of 45 mph and up.
It’s not horrible by any means but I have found myself having to pay attention or else I’m drifting in to another lane.Other than that though,I’m loving the JT.

Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
It's seriously exhausting, and I'm an Extrovert.....my wife doesn't want to go with me when we take it for a spin....#couldneverbeaceli
I forgot one more thing. I can't go anywhere without someone wanting to check out my truck or ask questions about it, the paparazzi are annoying too.
brity!

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
The only thing I have really missed 750 miles in is rain sensing wipers. I was spoiled with that in my last car, and it is hard to get used to having to turn on the wipers and change wiper speeds. I can’t really complain though. My 87 YJ I had didn’t even have working wipers 50% of the time.

I think cooled seats would be nice too. But as far as driving. Mine seems to be quite smooth and doesn’t really wander. It seems to have gotten even better the more miles I have put on it. I think it drives great. And way better than I expected.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Truth be told, that dog cost the company a ton of money!
whoawhoawhoa
The Chihuahua bought you an F-Pace company car too?
I'm changing damn careers... :CWL:
upload_2019-6-21_8-55-40.png

Reactions: JP1

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
The only thing I have really missed 750 miles in is rain sensing wipers. I was spoiled with that in my last car, and it is hard to get used to having to turn on the wipers and change wiper speeds. I can’t really complain though. My 87 YJ I had didn’t even have working wipers 50% of the time.

I think cooled seats would be nice too. But as far as driving. Mine seems to be quite smooth and doesn’t really wander. It seems to have gotten even better the more miles I have put on it. I think it drives great. And way better than I expected.
Yup, went from the loaded Cherokee to the LE... Cooled seats, auto wipers and as I've only had the thing for a few hours, does it have auto light brights? My other two cars have that and I like it out here in the boonies where I live. The lack of a 7-way adjustable driver seat may nag on me too a bit but I'm sure I can find a comfortable setup with a bit of fiddling.

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
Yup, went from the loaded Cherokee to the LE... Cooled seats, auto wipers and as I've only had the thing for a few hours, does it have auto light brights? My other two cars have that and I like it out here in the boonies where I live. The lack of a 7-way adjustable driver seat may nag on me too a bit but I'm sure I can find a comfortable setup with a bit of fiddling.
It doesn’t have auto light brights. I’ve never had that so I don’t know what I’m missing there. All in all, I think the technology is great in this thing though.
Sponsored