First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Planning NC trip in JT and I would rather do it in F150. The only reason I have the JT is because F150 does not come with manual, not convertible and I am in NYC so it would take 2 teslas to park on top of (good thing they are easy to climb)...
I'm in NY too. F150 is a pain on the Belt, BQE, Cross Island, etc. Even parking in store parking lots is tough because the stalls are narrow and not that deep.

I do agree with the F150 for comfort. My wife had a Mercedes 2008 GL a few years back and I think the F150 rides better and smoother.
Sponsored

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm in NY too. F150 is a pain on the Belt, BQE, Cross Island, etc. Even parking in store parking lots is tough because the stalls are narrow and not that deep.

I do agree with the F150 for comfort. My wife had a Mercedes 2008 GL a few years back and I think the F150 rides better and smoother.
I think my Gladiator rides better than GL :) especially if it is AMG, i do not get 'sport' suv idea. I have the same issue parking in store parking lots with the GT, sure it is worst for F150. Best functional SUV for parking was my Honda Element (5 speed)...

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I think my Gladiator rides better than GL :) especially if it is AMG, i do not get 'sport' suv idea. I have the same issue parking in store parking lots with the GT, sure it is worst for F150. Best functional SUV for parking was my Honda Element (5 speed)...
I downsized from a 2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 with a factory lift, so the ride is way smoother in my JT. I had a 2007 F150 Crew prior to that, and I would say my JT Overland rides comparable to it. Can't say if the ride has improved on the new F150s as I haven't driven one yet. As for parking and turning radius on the JT, love it! I go back and forth between FL and NC about 6-8 times a year, but haven't made the trip in the JT yet. Making the run in a week or two and if this thread still active, I'll update on the trip. I also run back and forth between the East and West Coast of Florida continuously - about 100 miles each direction. JT is great on those trips. Other than a little less cab room for wife, kid, and dog, the JT has worked out well. Just didn't need a full size rig anymore for work/play as all the kids are grown and big toys are gone. I'll probably do the old man thing and put a topper on the JT when they become available - better for the dog and my upholstery.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hey thanks. I do really want the truck. Issue right now is purely financial.

I have 2 months till my F150 goes back so hopefully I can find a decent discount on a Max Tow in the next few months.
Thought I had replied to your post about discount, but guess I didn't hit Post Reply.

If the information helps, I got my Overland for 4400 below sticker (48080 MSRP and 43600 Actual). I've since heard others getting equivalent and slightly better deals.

As I posted previously, if I did it all over again, I would get a Sport S Max Tow with automatic and hardtop... nothing else. Then I would do upgrades myself overtime. In my area there are a ton of takeoff parts for JLs and JTs on CL and Let Go. People stripping their Overlands and Rubicons... crazy. Could have saved thousands going Sport S route.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Good News! The recent $2k rebate has lowered the price enough that it fits within my budget.
There was a rebate before, it just went to the dealer (call it a coupon). That's how so many folks were getting deals below invoice. I've seen the latest ads, Total discounts really haven't changed that I've seen. If they have and I've missed, I'll be mad for not ordering one!

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
There was a rebate before, it just went to the dealer (call it a coupon). That's how so many folks were getting deals below invoice. I've seen the latest ads, Total discounts really haven't changed that I've seen. If they have and I've missed, I'll be mad for not ordering one!
Yeah, but all of the dealers I had 2 weeks ago at their bottom have come down another $2k. On a 39 month lease that is like $50 a month less.

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Good News All !!!!

Put a deposit on a Red Sport S w/ Max Tow today. Pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your comments. Thanks @WXman for the YouTube videos.

You all contributed to me making the decision.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Good News All !!!!

Put a deposit on a Red Sport S w/ Max Tow today. Pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your comments. Thanks @WXman for the YouTube videos.

You all contributed to me making the decision.
Congratulations! The real fun begins when the weather breaks and the top of the Jeep comes off. Have fun.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Congratulations! The real fun begins when the weather breaks and the top of the Jeep comes off. Have fun.
Will be my 4th Jeep (had 89 YJ, 93 YJ, 97 TJ) and never let weather get in the way of taking the top off :)

I got a hard top because I don't like the way the stock soft top stick up like some type of spoiler. I hope someone comes up with a better top by next summer.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Went the hardtop way on mine too. Didn't care for the Mopar soft top looks.

Funny, I just started a thread asking if anyone is aware of a frameless top in the works. Much more practical for me to take off and on in the summer months.

DTDHI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra, 2014 Toyota Prius, 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 ZX14R

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I didn't really see the point of a soft top anymore. Remove doors and T tops, open rear slider, and you're set. Wrangler with a hard top left too much enclosed. Now you're left with a rear window and the back seat covered. And there is the fact that the soft top just doesn't quite look right.

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
We actually traded in our 2016 F-150 XLT supercrew 5.5" bed for a gladiator this weekend! We love it! Drives better than our JL unlimited rubicon did before we started doing modifications on it. We will do a review on comparing them both; but, offhand, the JT gladiator handled MUCH better on the highway even with 41 PSI inflated tires, it did not feel flighty or wander like the JL did when we had it OEM and drove it on the freeway with 32 PSI tires.

Also the brakes on the JT rubicon gladiator are SOOO much better than our JLU rubicon. It's not even a comparison...
Sponsored