Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
New We actually traded
There are a lot of us F150 converts here. At first I was quite surprised. But the more I think of it, the more I am not all that surprised at all.
Sponsored

Rolando

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Another convert here - I bought a 2016 XLT with Sport package, 2.7l, big screen, tow package, etc as a year end for 32k in Dec 2016 and traded it in for a Gladiator Sport S Max Tow that I got for 37k a few days ago.

For us it was the consolidation of our cars that triggered the changes. My wife was mostly driving the truck after my oldest son totaled her Mini, and she wanted to have a smaller car again, and we both disliked the physical size of the truck when using it daily (we live in Northern VA/DC). Parking and driving on the small back roads was no fun.
For travelling and the occasional hauling the truck was fine and better than the Gladiator's cab size, but that happened just a few times a year.I

So long story short, the truck and my Jeep JKU were traded in, and we have a Beetle and a JT now. I was surprised about the low value that we got for the Ford, and the high value for an 8.5 year old Jeep. Another thing you might want to consider.

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sting Gray/Toyota 4Runner Limited Pearl White
As someone who traded in an F150 for a Gadiator myself, I encourage you to really think about the difference in storage/hauling space. If you fill up the bed and cab of a full-size F150, you will miss the space going into a JT. The bed is much more shallow than an F150 and the rear cab is way smaller. I find that with a tonneau cover on my JT and the shallow bed and shorter length, it doesn’t hold near as much family items on a road trip as my F150 did.
An over bed rack can fix that issue, there are ones out there that can work with a hard rolling tonneau cover or if you have a soft rolling tonneau that’s even easier to accommodate. Think a pair of ski or bike racks on one side and a skinny cargo rack in the other side for larger items like a toolbox or cooler. Bed aside the interior space is definitely lacking compared to an F150 but this is definitely a lot more fun to play with. That is if your going to take the top and doors off.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Went from the Ram to my gladiator and so far have not regretted it at all!!!! I love this thing. Cannot put my finger on it, but I feel it is around for a while!
20190704_130646.jpg
20200223_164655.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Option 4 - Get a Gladiator.
  • Pros: Fun truck that can do everything
Decision made! lol

I couldn't stand parking a full size truck all day. I've had SUVs and find I don't like putting stuff like trash, Gas cans and yard waste in them.
I had a small 5x8 trailer, and its a pain in the butt to hook it up whenever i go to menards. Gladiator was one of the smartest decisions of my life.

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
It all depends on what you use your truck for. I stepped down from a '01 Super Duty to the Gladiator for a couple of reasons. First, my V10 was super thirsty, even with a 5-speed manual. second, even though almost the same wheelbase as the Gladiator, it's the difference between night and day for parking. I used to have a slide in camper, and flat towed a '69 CJ-5 years ago, but I wanted something that I could still take off-roading, and haul an occasional load from Lowe's or Home Depot. I kept the solid front axle, and the manual transmission, and gained a removable top/doors and a fun truck to drive.

IMG_20190606_143446.jpg

IMG_20200228_090105.jpg

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Good thread, just came out of a 2016 Lariat F150 with badlands tuscany package. I loved that truck, I just get ansy and wanted something different and more fun. The gladiator is definitely different. I will miss some of the room on the F150, but I am hoping not as much as I thought.
IMG-2590.jpg
Sponsored