Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
Go ahead and purchase you Gladiator and enjoy installing all your goodies on it. But don't listen to the morons who say this is no concern and ignore it. Watch the news and listen to what the experts are telling the public and follow the recommendation and this will pass much. faster then a public that's ignores it
Sponsored

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
I ordered my JT almost 2 months ago, I have a garage FULL of goodies for it & it's do to hit the dealership Monday. I'm super excited but at the same time I'm just feeling like there's to much sh!t going on with this virus/economy right now and not a good idea making a big purchase. I'm definitely not backing out just a bit of a buzz kill....rant over.
But it has just started spreading here in the US and will probably keep spreading for a few months. You shouldn't be panicking and buying up 100+ rolls of TP, but to not worry about it is a little disingenuous. World wide it's killing 3.4% of people who get it.
:beer:

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
Go ahead and purchase you Gladiator and enjoy installing all your goodies on it. But don't listen to the morons who say this is no concern and ignore it. Watch the news and listen to what the experts are telling the public and follow the recommendation and this will pass much. faster then a public that's ignores it
this is more age worrisome....... in that your elders shall die from anyone's carelessness type of scenario, death sentence for some elderly. You might be fine.... but you're killing granny might be the biggest worry

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
But it has just started spreading here in the US and will probably keep spreading for a few months. You shouldn't be panicking and buying up 100+ rolls of TP, but to not worry about it is a little disingenuous. World wide it's killing 3.4% of people who get it.
It's also not killing 96.6% of people who get it. I wish they'd start reporting how many of those who have dies from the virus were healthy individuals, and how many were people who had existing underlying health conditions.

FACTS:
Kinda puts it in perspective a little, no?

Is it spreading? Yes. Can you do anything about it? Well, you can reduce your likelihood of contracting it by taking precautions, but you might get it. Will it kill you if you get it? There's a 96.6% chance that it won't. Should we all panic? No, but wash your hands and stay home if you feel sick.

Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
There's a 96.6% chance that it won't
If a lot of people get sick at once, more than this will die.
  • Healthcare providers will not have the resources to care for the most vulnerable Covid patients ,so the mortality rate will be higher.
  • Healthcare providers will not have the resources to care for people with other illnesses, so the mortality rate of those diseases will be higher.
For the OP: if you have the financial resources, go ahead and buy the truck. If you think your business is in Jeopardy and think that you could use the Jeep money elsewhere - maybe hold off on the purchase.

I would look at it this way: the Jeep will be worth about 60-70% of the MSRP in 3 years time. If you are ok with exchanging the money (plus taxes and other fees) for the 3 years of driving the vehicle, and this will not put you in a bad financial situation, go for it. If anything there will be less buyers in the market right now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Alabama just had it's first case and everything is running around like a nuclear bomb is going to hit. Grocerie store shelves empty no toilet paper we all gonna die lol
This is why I’ve said for years that the mainstream media’s corrupt agenda-driving fear mongering is the most deadly virus that’s infecting Americans...Starting with their brains.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Also, this is a prime example of why immigration screenings for people from 3rd-world crapholes needs to be MANDATORY! And why mass-migration should not be welcomed here in America! And this is coming from a guy (me) who prefers to date foreign women (European, Slavic, and Nordic).

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
If a lot of people get sick at once, more than this will die.
  • Healthcare providers will not have the resources to care for the most vulnerable Covid patients ,so the mortality rate will be higher.
  • Healthcare providers will not have the resources to care for people with other illnesses, so the mortality rate of those diseases will be higher.
Show me one case of an otherwise healthy, middle-aged American dying of COVID-19 and I'll start to get concerned.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Show me one case of an otherwise healthy, middle-aged American dying of COVID-19 and I'll start to get concerned
So you are not concerned for anyone who is not middle aged and healthy?

I would hate to get infected, not know it, help my 90 year old neighbor with her recycling container then have her get infected and die.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
The US has about 1 million hospital beds available, half of which are usually occupied. That leaves 500,000 beds.
When the 'hospitalization rate' reaches that number, that is where it gets bad. That is what's happened in Italy, and they've shut down the entire country. All the cancellations/closures here are an effort to 'flatten' the bell curve of infection rate, so it does not overload our medical resources.
On a selfish note, that means Ecodiesel engine production has stopped, I am hoping to order one as soon as they are available. :(

Last edited:

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
Also, this is a prime example of why immigration screenings for people from 3rd-world crapholes needs to be MANDATORY! And why mass-migration should not be welcomed here in America! And this is coming from a guy (me) who prefers to date foreign women (European, Slavic, and Nordic).[/QU

You Being are from Alabama I understand your experience on what it's like for people living in craphole.
I understand how distrust in the media it rampant So Look up pandemic and research the facts yourself
I understand in your statement you prefer to only date foreign white women. Well we all know what thats about!
For everyone else reading this post please understand the virus is a serious health concern and Ignorance will not solve this problem or any of the other urgent problem this country faces.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you are not concerned for anyone who is not middle aged and healthy?

I would hate to get infected, not know it, help my 90 year old neighbor with her recycling container then have her get infected and die.
Of course I'm concerned about anyone who is not middle aged and healthy. My 95-year old grandfather is in a home that is currently under lock-down to prevent residents from getting the virus. So I can't go see him; I do call regularly though, so we are adapting to the current conditions. Both my parents and my MIL are in their 70s.

With respect to neighbours, I have three senior citizens on my street that live alone. We all chip in and help them out whenever they need it, but for now, we're steering clear unless they ask for help. In that case, we'd thoroughly wash our hands before going over, and again when we get home. They're at risk, but they're not lepers to be avoided. If they'd prefer we stay away for now, we'd respect that and just check in with them by phone.

Maybe if your 90 year old neighbour struggles to move her recycling bin, maybe encourage her to just leave it be for a while, rather than put it out every week. Or just leave the bin at the end of the driveway and take out smaller loads in the short term (there is no indication that people get the virus by just being outside). Wave to each other from a safe distance (>6 feet). Wash your hands regularly. Check in with her by phone if you haven't seen her for a while and make sure she is not lonely; sometimes a quick hello goes a long way.

I'm not going to stop living my life the way I want or need to, nor will I be overcome with fear. We don't need to panic and isolate ourselves (unless we are experiencing symptoms); we just need to adjust our way of living to reduce the risk of spread.

The biggest issue (in my opinion) is our society's mentality that if they are sick they still go out (to the supermarket, to the movies, to church, to work, whatever). They think "oh well, I've already got it so what do I care if I give it to someone else. I really want to try that new restaurant!". THAT is exactly the attitude we need to change; if you feel sick, STAY HOME. Whether it is the flu, or a cold, or COVID-19.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
True true. I’ll have to go to the store myself and grab milk and water for the baby because of idiots cleaning off the shelves. I was told there was no toilet paper at our local store.....TP??? Do people think they’re going to be shi**ing themselves to death if they catch it?? Lol
This is the TP aisle in my local store yesterday afternoon.
20200312_180543.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.