Throttle body recall for 21-22 gladiators

Fender8121

First Name
John-Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
I had this happen about two weeks ago. I let the Jeep sit for a day, and I could go above 25 mph, but the check engine light was on. About a day later, the check engine light went away. A week later, I went to the dealer for an oil change, and I was notified about the recall, I then realized that must have been the issue I had the previous week. I have put about 700 miles on the Jeep and have had no problems since the update.
Sponsored

GWIZZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
VP Sales
It’s the newer gladiators with the gspec5 ecu
It’s the newer gladiators with the gspec5 ecu
My 2021 Gladiator was in for its first oil change at 6,500 miles and the dealer attempted to perform the recall CSN Z37 - Powertrain Control Module Software. In the process the Powertrain Control Module was fried. The vehicle will not run at this point and the part is apparently on backorder.

3 dealers in the US have the part but will not sell it to my dealer. How long will this vehicle but undriveable? They said it could be months.

This is essentially a brand new Gladiator that I am paying for that I cannot drive.

I would not do this recall yet. The FB Gladiator Group I'm in has failures everywhere.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
No recalls/campaigns listed for my Oct '21 build for what it's worth.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 Gladiator was in for its first oil change at 6,500 miles and the dealer attempted to perform the recall CSN Z37 - Powertrain Control Module Software. In the process the Powertrain Control Module was fried. The vehicle will not run at this point and the part is apparently on backorder.

3 dealers in the US have the part but will not sell it to my dealer. How long will this vehicle but undriveable? They said it could be months.

This is essentially a brand new Gladiator that I am paying for that I cannot drive.

I would not do this recall yet. The FB Gladiator Group I'm in has failures everywhere.
The talk about "Fried" PCM isn't related to THIS "recall". This is new.
And again, I'd love to ask any dealer who has done a flash and found the vehicle wouldn't start - did they even bother looking into it or just assume? There's a TSB out there about flashes causing vehicles that won't start............. and they aren't truly bricked.
The problems appear to be more with flashes from weeks, even months ago, not this specific one.
i'd not be afraid to have this one done if mine was involved.

OP
OP
Brahmajoe

Brahmajoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Law

Jeez that stinks man.. I plan on holding off until they figure this out

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Have any been rendered "unstartable" with THIS specific flash for the throttle body issue?

Have dealers bothered checking for DTCs - there's a TSB that has this phrase in it:
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: No Start, After Flash And Or PCM Replace,...............

Ward

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Mojave
Occupation
retired
I just looked at the customer satisfaction letter copied on page one of this thread & it states "Z-37".
The Z-37 was just published this June & is the same as my VIN # reflects for service & is referred to above in reply #34. I'm going to speak with the service manager this week & report what he relates. Meantime this looks like a SNAFU.

Sponsored

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Had mine in for my first oil change today and they said they did a pcm recall flash that I had no idea about. Finally had time to sit down and saw this thread. Was going to ask what it was all about.

60729E2A-974F-4D6B-A82F-D87490AD07A4.jpeg

GWIZZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
VP Sales
Sounds like you got lucky that it worked!

rangerman75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave and 2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon
Occupation
engineer
Yep just checked my App and I have the Z37 Recall Dated June 9th. Mine was built Jan. 2022 delivered Jan. 15th. 919 miles and have not experienced anything.

OP
OP
Brahmajoe

Brahmajoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Law
The talk about "Fried" PCM isn't related to THIS "recall". This is new.
And again, I'd love to ask any dealer who has done a flash and found the vehicle wouldn't start - did they even bother looking into it or just assume? There's a TSB out there about flashes causing vehicles that won't start............. and they aren't truly bricked.
The problems appear to be more with flashes from weeks, even months ago, not this specific one.
i'd not be afraid to have this one done if mine was involved.
Z37 is the recall he was flashed
Jeez that stinks man.. I plan on holding off until they figure this out
Had mine in for my first oil change today and they said they did a pcm recall flash that I had no idea about. Finally had time to sit down and saw this thread. Was going to ask what it was all about.

Jeep Gladiator Throttle body recall for 21-22 gladiators 60729E2A-974F-4D6B-A82F-D87490AD07A4
when’s your build date? Mine was December 21