First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I finally had the clutch recall software update. So far so good. It does feel less likely to stall, especially when backing up slowly, with no throttle, clutch out, applying slight brake pressure & going up my driveway. Was a bit trickier to go slow before the software update. And so far no "interference" or other detuning that I can see/feel from the update.
Hi KAT$JT,
Glad to hear your recall was performed successfully! Should this or any other concerns return in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Rob
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, just following up, curious as well. Any luck with this over the last month? Thanks
Thanks for checking in. I was supposed to go in today for clutch install but the shop contacted me late yesterday to push back to next week because they are behind /have vehicles stacked up waiting on parts, in front of mine. Hopefully Iā€™ll have some good news to share next week. I did do a little hill test with the stock clutch to compare to the Centerforce clutch after install and break in.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Thanks for checking in. I was supposed to go in today for clutch install but the shop contacted me late yesterday to push back to next week because they are behind /have vehicles stacked up waiting on parts, in front of mine. Hopefully Iā€™ll have some good news to share next week. I did do a little hill test with the stock clutch to compare to the Centerforce clutch after install and break in.
Sounds about like everywhere and everything else these days ha.... Thanks for the update, look forward to hearing what you think.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Got my recall notice about mid August. I'm at almost 35k. Haven't taken it in just yet. When I do, I'll have them bleed the clutch system again. Every once in a while after long periods of driving without disengaging the clutch, it'll drop to the floor and not disengage when I am coming to a stop. It's only happened 3 times, and I get a burnt clutch smell. I just put my foot under the clutch pedal and pull it back to me, pump it a couple times and it's back. Clearly some air in the line. The first recall they supposedly bled the system, but chances are, they didn't, as the stealership I took it to is questionable on their repairs. Luckily now, I work near a reputable dealer, just need to schedule an appointment for them to do the recall, and bleed it. If I knew where the bleed valve was, I'd do it myself.

Sponsored

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
Got my recall notice about mid August. I'm at almost 35k. Haven't taken it in just yet. When I do, I'll have them bleed the clutch system again. Every once in a while after long periods of driving without disengaging the clutch, it'll drop to the floor and not disengage when I am coming to a stop. It's only happened 3 times, and I get a burnt clutch smell. I just put my foot under the clutch pedal and pull it back to me, pump it a couple times and it's back. Clearly some air in the line. The first recall they supposedly bled the system, but chances are, they didn't, as the stealership I took it to is questionable on their repairs. Luckily now, I work near a reputable dealer, just need to schedule an appointment for them to do the recall, and bleed it. If I knew where the bleed valve was, I'd do it myself.
That sounds like a bad clutch master cylinder especially if its not leaking/using fluid.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds about like everywhere and everything else these days ha.... Thanks for the update, look forward to hearing what you think.
Got it back from Keystone 4x4 with the Centerforce clutch. Only driven it about a100 miles but WOW!! Its a whole other vehicle now. Positive engagement, much sooner, lower engagement in the pedal travel. Increased pedal effort for sure but itā€™s not bad. From backing out of the parking spot I could immediately feel the difference (didnā€™t have to gas it at all when I engaged the clutch in reverse). Iā€™m taking it easy for 500 miles and then Iā€™ll do some light offroad and the 20degree hill climb and towing. I suspect it will climb right up that hill with no problem.

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Trip # 2 to a second dealership for my issue following having this recall performed. From the beginning. I never had any intention of getting the recall performed. But, in August while my Gladiator was at the body shop they took it to Harr for a shifter issue. When I dropped the Jeep off all lights worked as well as the reverse camera. Harr supposedly did the recall flash. I say supposedly because as a service writer myself [who was 5 star certified] I know that the last thing the tech is supposed to do is check that the repair has fixed the problem. Well after the recall I have no reverse lights, no back up camera, and the dash shows an N where the gear indicator is supposed to now be. Yes I know I should take the shifter boot off and check the plugs there. Here is my issue, I paid what, $7000.00 of the purchase price of my Jeep for the warranty? If I am forced to repair Harr motors crappy job I want that $$ put against my loan! Jeep cares What do you have to say?

Deleted member 30519

What should the labor be on a centerforce clutch install? I am saving up for a sunrider but I could change my mind after reading these centerforce clutch reviews.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What should the labor be on a centerforce clutch install? I am saving up for a sunrider but I could change my mind after reading these centerforce clutch reviews.
I paid $600 for labor in Hamburg PA. Book time for labor is about 4-6 shop hours.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Trip # 2 to a second dealership for my issue following having this recall performed. From the beginning. I never had any intention of getting the recall performed. But, in August while my Gladiator was at the body shop they took it to Harr for a shifter issue. When I dropped the Jeep off all lights worked as well as the reverse camera. Harr supposedly did the recall flash. I say supposedly because as a service writer myself [who was 5 star certified] I know that the last thing the tech is supposed to do is check that the repair has fixed the problem. Well after the recall I have no reverse lights, no back up camera, and the dash shows an N where the gear indicator is supposed to now be. Yes I know I should take the shifter boot off and check the plugs there. Here is my issue, I paid what, $7000.00 of the purchase price of my Jeep for the warranty? If I am forced to repair Harr motors crappy job I want that $$ put against my loan! Jeep cares What do you have to say?
Hi SPED1,
So sorry to hear you've experienced this! We just followed up on the PM you sent us.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
Wow only $600. Is the clutch job that straightfoward or do you live in an area that is fair. I had Xterra and a Versa i had clutches go on over the last few years. O3ne was a little under 2,000 and the other 2,500 so I did the work myself. At 600 I would gladly pay.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow only $600. Is the clutch job that straightfoward or do you live in an area that is fair. I had Xterra and a Versa i had clutches go on over the last few years. O3ne was a little under 2,000 and the other 2,500 so I did the work myself. At 600 I would gladly pay.
Itā€™s a 6 hour job and the shop rate is $100 an hour. The Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch and flywheel kit is $1135.

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Well a month later............. No one ever contacted me from either Harr or jeep cares. I fixed it myself. Who do I bill for my time ,experience, knowledge $10,000.00 is what I believe the useless warranty is worth in todays money. At least I can make it legal to drive with an inspection sticker tomorrow morning! The second dealership that looked at it complained of my aftermarket lighting that was the problem. Well the issue was ALL JEEP and the recall work not being fully complete. I'm not getting into what the actual issue was because my time is worth $10k. Maybe someday techs will get paid enough to bother having pride in a job well done but the flat rate bullpoop system in place as it is will leave people like me disenfranchised and never willing to purchase another new vehicle ever

reverse.jpg
Sponsored