Time to order, build and deliver new Gladiator

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
FNG here.
I am in the exact same boat.
Day 1 reserve on a Badlands 2.7, MIC top. Not willing to compromise my 2.7 or the hard top (hopefully MIC 2.0 will be a better cardboard and plastic sandwich) to get it sooner.
Talked with Travis Reynolds over at TriCity (thanks to this forum).
I have a quote on a Mojave, build time he estimated to be 8-10 weeks.

Now I just have a decision to make.
Bronco BL wait or Gladiator in 2-3 months at almost 9K less.

*Thanks to the forum, by the way for the info on Travis. I'm still browsing topics, pros and cons, experiences you all have had, etc.
Feel free to educate me further, I'm not thin-skinned. ;)
Wow, what are the differences between your builds that have the Gladiator 9k less? I feel like getting a similarly equipped Gladiator is absolutely more expensive. My bronco is a 4 door, 2.7, badlands, high package, tow. Comes out to about 49k with Granger deal. My Mojave or Rubicon builds are highly optioned and similarly equipped and with Gupton absolutely crack 50k minimum, and obviously way more for a Diesel Rubi. That’s not including the extra cost of lift/level, steering adjustments, and wheels and tires I’d do within the first month if ownership for the Gladiator.
Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
The Mojave really catches my eye, and the Fox 2.5's really do.
If I pull the trigger I am on the fence whether to get the Mojave or the Rubi.
I don't do desert running (although I will be going to Moab and Big Bend NP in it).
I DO go to Uwharrie on trails with a lot of rocks and articulation points.
The front locker in the Rubi and the SBD kind of want to sway me over.
To be totally superficial about it, I prefer the hood, decals, interior of the Mojave.
Hoping to get some insight here with the guys/gals who already have them, know the REAL list of pros/cons, not just what the internet has to say about it through google searches.

If I do go Rubi, I can't do Gecko because that red dash and green door jambs will give me some sort of newfound hatred for Christmas. Then I'll have to get one of those vanity plates that says "Da Grinch" or something stupid.
I hate the Rubicon dash tbh, don’t get the red color. But I don’t have my gladiator so I can’t truly speak to these questions. But as far as the differences the most common theme around here is you can’t make a Rubicon a Mojave but you can make a Mojave a Rubicon. The Mojave has frame improvements the Rubicon doesn’t and you won’t get that after market. But, if you want the SBD and plan to crawl, Rubicon is easiest outside of modding them onto the Mojave. I went Mojave because I liked the looks, shocks and the way it rode. So I’m superficial lol.

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71 Silverado, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 01 TJ
Occupation
Plant Manager
Wow, what are the differences between your builds that have the Gladiator 9k less? I feel like getting a similarly equipped Gladiator is absolutely more expensive. My bronco is a 4 door, 2.7, badlands, high package, tow. Comes out to about 49k with Granger deal. My Mojave or Rubicon builds are highly optioned and similarly equipped and with Gupton absolutely crack 50k minimum, and obviously way more for a Diesel Rubi. That’s not including the extra cost of lift/level, steering adjustments, and wheels and tires I’d do within the first month if ownership for the Gladiator.
BL 4dr, 2.7, auto, MIC, High pkg. cargo liner, door bags, floor liners, tow, optional wheels. Comes in at about 52 and some change (almost 53k), paying MSRP.
Mojave build is all std stuff except optioned with auto, cold weather group, aux switch group. Looking at 45 plus destination,
So really right at 7K with all the destination charges factored into both.
Still enough to make me think about it hard. I could do a lot with 7K.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL 4dr, 2.7, auto, MIC, High pkg. cargo liner, door bags, floor liners, tow, optional wheels. Comes in at about 52 and some change (almost 53k), paying MSRP.
Mojave build is all std stuff except optioned with auto, cold weather group, aux switch group. Looking at 45 plus destination,
So really right at 7K with all the destination charges factored into both.
Still enough to make me think about it hard. I could do a lot with 7K.
Ok that’s where we differ, I ended up adding trailer tow, safety groups, 8.4 + sound, LED, all pretty much things to make it similarly equipped to my high package BL. A lot of people complained about pricing on the bronco and the grouping of stuff in packages and that the Jeep is way more modular, allowing you to add smaller groups like cold weather and stuff more individually. The downside is I really think the standard equipped bronco blows Jeep standard equipment out of the water, even on higher trims. And the price you’re paying for the bigger packages is smaller on the Bronco, for $2,600 I’m getting the high package. Adding 8.4 Audio package and LEDs I’m already over that, and it doesn’t have any of the safety if convenience features in the base thru high packages that the Bronco has. Those start to really add up in the Jeep.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Ok that’s where we differ, I ended up adding trailer tow, safety groups, 8.4 + sound, LED, all pretty much things to make it similarly equipped to my high package BL. A lot of people complained about pricing on the bronco and the grouping of stuff in packages and that the Jeep is way more modular, allowing you to add smaller groups like cold weather and stuff more individually. The downside is I really think the standard equipped bronco blows Jeep standard equipment out of the water, even on higher trims. And the price you’re paying for the bigger packages is smaller on the Bronco, for $2,600 I’m getting the high package. Adding 8.4 Audio package and LEDs I’m already over that, and it doesn’t have any of the safety if convenience features in the base thru high packages that the Bronco has. Those start to really add up in the Jeep.
100%. Bronco pricing is actually really good. My gladiator was 55K

Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100%. Bronco pricing is actually really good. My gladiator was 55K
I rationalize the extra cost by saying if I were to get the Gladiator…I’m paying for towing and hauling ability, which the Bronco does not have. The convenience of a truck bed and 6k tow rating is hard to beat.

Honestly, if there was a better engine in the Gladiator, I probably would have dropped my Bronco order already. I’m really disappointed to hear the news from today they dropped the Bronco truck. The 2.7 is fantastic in the F150. The 3.6es I drove screamed every time I accelerated but barely pulled, and while the 3.0 was smooth as butter and I loved it, I don’t want to deal with extra emissions systems that will fail on top of derating power whenever I go up a hill towing anything. Or even not towing at all like a lot of people have dealt with, it’s a shame the engineers couldn’t figure out better cooling for the 3.0.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I rationalize the extra cost by saying if I were to get the Gladiator…I’m paying for towing and hauling ability, which the Bronco does not have. The convenience of a truck bed and 6k tow rating is hard to beat.

Honestly, if there was a better engine in the Gladiator, I probably would have dropped my Bronco order already. I’m really disappointed to hear the news from today they dropped the Bronco truck. The 2.7 is fantastic in the F150. The 3.6es I drove screamed every time I accelerated but barely pulled, and while the 3.0 was smooth as butter and I loved it, I don’t want to deal with extra emissions systems that will fail on top of derating power whenever I go up a hill towing anything. Or even not towing at all like a lot of people have dealt with, it’s a shame the engineers couldn’t figure out better cooling for the 3.0.
Yeah, that’s all decent ways to justify it. For me, I just justify it by knowing I’ll enjoy driving it. If the gladiator had a better engine it would be easier to choose for sure. A 392 and I would have been out awhile ago, that would be a perfect truck. We’ll have to see what the warthog becomes but the 2.7L is a good engine so it should be as enjoyable as a Wrangler to drive. But the truck always felt odd to me because the maverick and the ranger.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Jeep has become like Porsche. Both are easy to add options to and nearly double the price.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I ordered a Rubicon Diesel with every option except for the hard top and smokers group on July 5. A build date was scheduled for 8/8 but then the plant shut down for a week... The new build date is scheduled for 9/13 and I'm hoping to have the gladiator delivered in the late part of September now. A little longer than the original estimated 8 weeks but not too bad considering the circumstances.

Honestly, you never want to buy the first model year of any vehicle, especially a brand new model like the bronco. They always seem to have problems...

Sponsored

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
The full Willys, 24W package
Good deal! I test drove one of those in February and really liked it. it was a long debate versus that or the base Sport for me.

In the end I did Sport since I figured I'd be upgrading most of the features that come with the Willys package. It is sharp looking though!

SwankyTiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
ordered my 26W package willys on 8/11 also a bronco switch since mine would have been a 23 at best. 2 door base 2.7/auto sasquatch with a 4/4/21 res.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I ordered my Gladiator Willys on 7/19
It landed at the dealer yesterday 8/25
Did you get any accurate wind of the build tracking (from Jeep chat or the dealer), or did it just show up? Getting my sales lady to actually send me an update is pulling teeth, and I've heard Jeep chat is innacurate at best (perpetually in scheduling, I'm hoping it's actually farther and pleasantly surprises me).
Sponsored