Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Suggestions on tire deflators?
I have a set of TrailHeads and I am down to 2 of them working properly.
I am not a fan of the ones that remove the valve core.
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I use Trailheads, USA product when I bought t hem and no problems, they can be taken apart and cleaned, never got sand in mine after all these years, and I agree about the ones taking the stem out seems more of a chance of something going wrong. Sorry Mike it's all I got not much help .....jack

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Jack, I was thinking about taking them apart to clean them. I wonder if there is corrosion in them. I do love them in their pouch in the truck. I have not left them on to drive like some do.
Guess that I could try that first.

Sponsored

Mbryson

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Rubicon diesel
Occupation
IT Manager
Love my teraflex nomad wheels :). Also Innovativ AT Product 4 tire air up/down system works really well.

I have the Nomad wheels on my trail rig. Miss them a lot on the JT

I had to resort to these, which work well but make me realize how spoiled I am with the Nomads.
Jeep Gladiator Tire deflators 1668717623006

Jeep Gladiator Tire deflators 1668717633892

Last edited:

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
@TeraFlex You guys need to sell valve stem caps. Just the caps, not cap and valve stem as people lose their caps easily (or stolen) and don't want to pay $17 per cap/stem just to get some caps.

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
@Jaxmax I took them apart and they looked like new. Cleaned, greased and reassembled. Not sure when I will have time to check out their operation.

Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Love my teraflex nomad wheels :). Also Innovativ AT Product 4 tire air up/down system works really well.
You may be the right person to ask. I have the Innovative AT Products system with the twin ARB compressor. I have considered getting the Teraflex Nomad wheels. I'm assuming you have both. I do love the air down option as well as their solution for the rash rings. Does the chuck from the Innovative AT Products system fit on the valve of the Nomad wheels?

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
You may be the right person to ask. I have the Innovative AT Products system with the twin ARB compressor. I have considered getting the Teraflex Nomad wheels. I'm assuming you have both. I do love the air down option as well as their solution for the rash rings. Does the chuck from the Innovative AT Products system fit on the valve of the Nomad wheels?
There's two valves, one for deflation and the other for inflation. The inflation valve is just a normal schraeder valve with a fancy protective cap. So yes, they fit. Also, it's much easier and more convenient to use the Nomad deflation valve. You can preset the pressure to deflate to.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
There's two valves, one for deflation and the other for inflation. The inflation valve is just a normal schraeder valve with a fancy protective cap. So yes, they fit. Also, it's much easier and more convenient to use the Nomad deflation valve. You can preset the pressure to deflate to.
Thank you for the response. I was mainly concerned because the valve stem doesn’t poke out as far on the Nomad as it does on most other wheels. I was uncertain if the chuck on the hoses with the Innovative AT Products system would have enough valve stem to grab hold of. Because it doesn’t look like it, due to that protective sleeve the cap screws into.
Jeep Gladiator Tire deflators 0AA3AE38-975D-44C1-86A8-B970675EF844

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for Staun, have them set to 5psi, they always hit the target, even that low. Nice little leather case too, keep it in the glove box.
Sponsored