First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2012 Audi S5
Occupation
CEO
Bought a 2023 JTD Willys with Aluminum wheels and BF Goodrich Mud-terrain T/A KM2’s. Don’t like the road noise and don’t really need the aggressive tread. Contemplating selling KM’s (< 1000 miles) and purchasing something less aggressive (Cooper Discover Road & Trail?). Recommendations? Any suggestions what like-new KM’s may be worth on Facebook or Craig’s List? Thanks.
Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I run Patagonia XT’s for this reason 90% on road and when it does go off road or in snow they perform good. Definitely Not a mud tire, but definitely better than an AT. 👍🏼🍺 they are extremely quiet on road in town and on the highway.👍🏼

photo for a look at the tread pattern- disregard the tape measure.. 😂🤣😂

IMG_3223.jpeg

thejeepster

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sport MaxTow SG
Occupation
FT Worker
for prices for your like-new tires, i'd look for the same tires here on member market place, craigslist, ebay, whatever.. and see what other people are trying to sell them for-- and monitor to see how much they actually get... you could probably just price them new, without install fees.. and deduct roughly 25% and get a good estimate, too...

Cwg33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTWD
My MT’s went on CL in a few days at $100 per. Depends on area, but selling is usually not an issue if priced competitive. Depends on what you want to get, and how long you can store.

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a 2023 JTD Willys with Aluminum wheels and BF Goodrich Mud-terrain T/A KM2’s. Don’t like the road noise and don’t really need the aggressive tread. Contemplating selling KM’s (< 1000 miles) and purchasing something less aggressive (Cooper Discover Road & Trail?). Recommendations? Any suggestions what like-new KM’s may be worth on Facebook or Craig’s List? Thanks.
I'd see if you could take it back and trade em for some AT3Ws. i love my Falkens. Personally they are are still pretty aggressive for ATs, but then again my Baja Boss's ATs could damn near pass as an MT. FB marketplace is great place to find someone who wants to trade.

Sponsored

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
My MT’s went on CL in a few days at $100 per. Depends on area, but selling is usually not an issue if priced competitive. Depends on what you want to get, and how long you can store.
100 dollars per tire!!!! damn dude!. I got my 37s mounted for 21 bucks a piece.

TestMule

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Director
I didn't care for the Firestone Destination M/T tires on my Willys JL at all. After considering how I planned on using that vehicle, which informed by decision on tires, I was able to source tires that met my needs.

I could recommend several different tires but it depends on your use case.

Will you be driving primarily on paved roads? Will you be venturing offroad from time to time?

Do you deal with snow or mud on or off road?

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
+1 if you’d be happy with the 33” Falken WildPeak AT3Ws that come stock on the Rubicon, those are very common on all local sale sites. First thing people do is get bigger tires and sell the stock ones. They’re good tires.

OP
OP

wec032

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2012 Audi S5
Occupation
CEO
I will primarily drive paved roads. Occasional snow and ice (Kansas City). My limited off pavement will likely be unpaved roads and some fields for pheasant hunting. Recommendations appreciated. I am looking for something much quieter than current KM2’s. Thank you.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Occupation
Land Tours Manager, Jeep Tour Guide
I got rid of those KM2s the day after I bought my '23 JT Willys. Replaced them with 285/70 17 (33") KO2s. Worked a trade-in with my local Big O store for the KO2s Reprogrammed for tire size increase using Jscan & iCal. The Willys is my daily driver, can't beat the KO2s for that and some light trail work.

Those BFG KM2s are the WORST tire I've ever run on the street. Rough, noisy and deadly in wet or icy conditions. I had them in 35s & 37s on my JK, hated them! I can't believe they are still made.
Sponsored