Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

WNCJEEP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal Launch Edition Rubicon Gladiator; 2014 JKU Rubicon; 1981 CJ7 Laredo
I ordered Tonneau cover from Jeep and got email saying it is still in production and they should start shipping in June. Can't wait that long. Had to have something for traveling, found this and had it overnighted. It's great, so thought I would share. The cargo net part comes in separate bag that you can store under seat.

MARKSIGN 100% Waterproof Truck Cargo Bag with Cargo Net, Fits Any Truck Size, 51x40x22 inches (130x100x55cm)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFT3RWL/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_OPs7CbDKMK3TD
20190527_160444.jpg

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Was it the trifold hard tonneau cover that you had ordered? Just wondering since I have never seen a picture of one of those covers.

I ordered Tonneau cover from Jeep and got email saying it is still in production and they should start shipping in June. Can't wait that long. Had to have something for traveling, found this and had it overnighted. It's great, so thought I would share. The cargo net part comes in separate bag that you can store under seat.

MARKSIGN 100% Waterproof Truck Cargo Bag with Cargo Net, Fits Any Truck Size, 51x40x22 inches (130x100x55cm)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFT3RWL/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_OPs7CbDKMK3TD
20190527_160444.jpg

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
I agree with Rubifender Post #189 about an Ursa Minor Gladiator package. Per the bottom of the Ursa Minor website https://www.ursaminorvehicles.com/campers/jeep-camper/jeep-hard-top-popup-camper-package-160.html, they do plan to have one for the Gladiator platform, but they have yet to reply to me about the configuration. Im hoping its a bed attached shell camper type to allow for covered storage and access into the pop up camper. Im not sure how it would work otherwise if they were to make a pop up to replace just the OEM top like they do the wrangler. An overland rental company out of Colorado https://www.overlanddiscovery.com/jeep-gladiator-rent has a Gladiator option utilizing modified Yakima racks that were for a Tacoma and added a roof nest. It looks like a pretty cool set up for 500lb on-road/300lb off-road, but im not sure what the static weight is for that rack, especually if its modified. USAFRecon Post #183 had a good suggestion with a windshield to tailgate option to allow for a porch to his tent, but id be curious about any stressors that could happen between linking the bed and the front of the vehicle together during articulation. Maybe they could make a separate sleek skeleton cage style that utilized cab body mount bolts locations and followed up the rear cab corner as well as following up from behind the front fender or pillar cowling up to the roof and for four solid anchor locations. As long as the skeleton didnt stick out any further the the wide exposed fender flares it wouldn't be too bad close quarters off-road either. Im eager to get lost in this rig. Thanks for the posts everyone!

Last edited:

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Now that's something! Imagine this rig driving around mowing ladies lawns..........oh yeah, Its made for the "pool boy" of lawn mowing.

WNCJEEP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal Launch Edition Rubicon Gladiator; 2014 JKU Rubicon; 1981 CJ7 Laredo
Was it the trifold hard tonneau cover that you had ordered? Just wondering since I have never seen a picture of one of those covers.
I ordered the hard tri-fold cover. They estimated $142 to ship. I can't believe that it will actually be that much, but who knows. My dealer can't even order either cover until June 1. Hoping that by ordering online I get it sooner. But then again, that was my logic on the launch edition and that didn't pan out so well.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
What a cluster mess! I think the whole roll out had been a fiasco for Jeep. I read posts here that Jeep will say that once the parts are gathered they will get someone’s Gladiator built. Or production dates are sent backwards. Or truck/rail tracking info ends up being wrong, lots of upset buyers here. You would think that this is not their first rodeo. Have not seen any pictures of the rumored to exist hard tonneau cover. Have not seen or heard about one single base Sport model coming out. Don’t think they have built any rag top versions, and ya gotta wonder why not. They had to know people would want them. Same thing with the manual transmissions. Maybe I am wrong here and maybe they built some rag top versions or stick shift versions or some base Sports or some hard tonneau covers. So excuse me if I am wrong here. But if I am right then what gives? Don’t have all of the needed parts?!!!!! Again not their first rodeo!!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in case anybody was interested in something like this, you gotta be in California basically. Their rack fits over the bestop soft topper.

62cb2b0142b01737726d3b751f23e5aa.jpg

"
We would need the vehicle at our shop in Northern California as we do not offer anything currently for that platform.

Where are you located?

Thanks!

Ben Calhoon.

Dissent off-road.

530-588-2494

"
https://dissentoffroad.com/

Sponsored

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
I agree with Rubifender Post #189 about an Ursa Minor Gladiator package. Per the bottom of the Ursa Minor website https://www.ursaminorvehicles.com/campers/jeep-camper/jeep-hard-top-popup-camper-package-160.html, they do plan to have one for the Gladiator platform, but they have yet to reply to me about the configuration. Im hoping its a bed attached shell camper type to allow for covered storage and access into the pop up camper. Im not sure how it would work otherwise if they were to make a pop up to replace just the OEM top like they do the wrangler. An overland rental company out of Colorado https://www.overlanddiscovery.com/jeep-gladiator-rent has a Gladiator option utilizing modified Yakima racks that were for a Tacoma and added a roof nest. It looks like a pretty cool set up for 500lb on-road/300lb off-road, but im not sure what the static weight is for that rack, especually if its modified. USAFRecon Post #183 had a good suggestion with a windshield to tailgate option to allow for a porch to his tent, but id be curious about any stressors that could happen between linking the bed and the front of the vehicle together during articulation. Maybe they could make a separate sleek skeleton cage style that utilized cab body mount bolts locations and followed up the rear cab corner as well as following up from behind the front fender or pillar cowling up to the roof and for four solid anchor locations. As long as the skeleton didnt stick out any further the the wide exposed fender flares it wouldn't be too bad close quarters off-road either. Im eager to get lost in this rig. Thanks for the posts everyone!
Good afternoon everyone, I am just following up with some information i received from Ursa Minor Vehicles for the Gladiator platform. I informed them in my email that I had seen full time over lander/adventure vlogger, Chris Shontz utilizing their JK popup camper top.

"Hi John –
Thanks for following Chris on his adventures, and your enthusiasm for our campers!
Our plan is an integrated camper that covers both the bed and the cab, allowing access from inside Jeep.
We won’t do much on it until the JL camper is in production and we free up some engineering/design time for the Gladiator!"

I know this isn't much info to explain the configuration, and I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for posting, but we are all curious of what options will be available right??? Anyway, after seeing some of @Bobs85Reny renderings, and reading some of the members concerns about construction and flex stressors, it seems as though they have taken the cab to bed flex and sealing to consideration and will be developing something similar to renderings from post #3. Im just curious of the location of the popup portion. Will it be a 4 person condo from cab to tailgate? will it be just the bed portion? will it be just over the cab? will it look like the red ambulance from post #3? I guess only time will tell.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good afternoon everyone, I am just following up with some information i received from Ursa Minor Vehicles for the Gladiator platform. I informed them in my email that I had seen full time over lander/adventure vlogger, Chris Shontz utilizing their JK popup camper top.

"Hi John –
Thanks for following Chris on his adventures, and your enthusiasm for our campers!
Our plan is an integrated camper that covers both the bed and the cab, allowing access from inside Jeep.
We won’t do much on it until the JL camper is in production and we free up some engineering/design time for the Gladiator!"

I know this isn't much info to explain the configuration, and I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for posting, but we are all curious of what options will be available right??? Anyway, after seeing some of @Bobs85Reny renderings, and reading some of the members concerns about construction and flex stressors, it seems as though they have taken the cab to bed flex and sealing to consideration and will be developing something similar to renderings from post #3. Im just curious of the location of the popup portion. Will it be a 4 person condo from cab to tailgate? will it be just the bed portion? will it be just over the cab? will it look like the red ambulance from post #3? I guess only time will tell.
MORE RENDERINGS! DILLY DILLY!
dilly dilly.png

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @WNCJEEP when you get your hard trifold tonneau cover then please post pictures of it for everyone. So far I don’t think Jeep has let out one single picture of that cover, no clue why. Maybe they just want to keep it “under cover”!!!! Who knows? And pictures of your new ride too!!

I ordered the hard tri-fold cover. They estimated $142 to ship. I can't believe that it will actually be that much, but who knows. My dealer can't even order either cover until June 1. Hoping that by ordering online I get it sooner. But then again, that was my logic on the launch edition and that didn't pan out so well.
Sponsored