Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

Shane P.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
did you sit in it? Thoughts?
Everything in the cabin feels exactly like the Wrangler. The under-seat storage in the back might fit an unscoped rifle. The overhang in the rear is substantial and will make wheeling interesting. And the rear end seemed alot stiffer, so I'll be curious how it flexes compared to the JL.
Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
You could even make a Grand Wagoneer cap

JeepGladiatorForum-7-Jeep-gladiator-wagoneer-1-jpg.jpg
I don’t know whether to curse you or thank you. I mean, all these renderings in Gobi, to start... either the after market is never going to produce products that match the standards you’ve set, or I’m not going to be able to afford them. At least not all of them. Cuz, I want them all.

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
I don’t know whether to curse you or thank you. I mean, all these renderings in Gobi, to start... either the after market is never going to produce products that match the standards you’ve set, or I’m not going to be able to afford them. At least not all of them. Cuz, I want them all.
I hope we do see tops like these in the aftermarket. So many caps from the aftermarket look so boring and cookie cutter. The best part about the JT is that you are not just limited to making a back section cap. There are so many more options because the top is fully removable so you can get very creative with ideas. Lets hope the aftermarket sees the potential of that and comes up with some great options for us. This is what makes jeeps so unique. The fact that there are so much aftermarket support to customize every detail.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I'm keeping the option open to turning top 180 degrees, hang it under the rack. Zero space taken, have top when want top.

Sponsored

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
How about an extended height soft top like the original gladiator had

JeepGladiatorForum-10-Jeep-Gladiator-canvastop3-jpg.jpg

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
upload_2019-3-10_21-6-2.png

(Original Credit Bobs85Reny) As an over-landing purpose built rig: I liked the original concept for the raised headroom, but knowing that I like the concept of a rooftop tent I didn't want to add anything on top of that as I plan to outfit the truck with 37" tires. By sinking the tent into the added height from the top, I still get headroom (at least for the front row) reduced wind noise and drag from the tent, and might even be able to fit into a garage. I think with a custom top you should also be able to 'sink in' a front light bar to prevent the need to have a rooftop rack. (Might build in lifting eyes to pick off the entire top as well) On the inside, with the additional headroom between the front seats it would also be cool to see overhead storage/CB trays. With the amount of integration in this top the manufacturer would have to build complete around certain components, but I think this would be a clean looking build.
I really like this rendering but structurally it has some issues...

The bed and the cab are separate and there would be a real chance of cracking the cap at that joint...

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a fastback option

JeepGladiatorForum-11-Jeep-gladiatorfastback-jpg.jpg

Shane P.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
I really like this rendering but structurally it has some issues...

The bed and the cab are separate and there would be a real chance of cracking the cap at that joint...
Depends on weather the mounting can accommodate the flex between the box and cab. From the video segment released from media day, and the video from King of Hammers, it looks minimal, especially in comparison to regular trucks.

Sponsored

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am

This is my favorite thread! Keep up the photo shopping! You're totally right about the amazing options with the JT and its pick up bed and removable top. Can't wait to see what creations will be coming our way via the aftermarket!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
This is my favorite thread! Keep up the photo shopping! You're totally right about the amazing options with the JT and its pick up bed and removable top. Can't wait to see what creations will be coming our way via the aftermarket!
at this pace, i'm going to need to opt for the tri topper package.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Hahahah yeah no kidding. Tri topper?? Yeah it's a Jeep thing!
Coworker: Hey, is that a new topper?
Me: Yeah, why?
Coworker: Because you had a different one on last week.
Me: Oh, that was my winter topper, this is my summer topper.
Coworker: Oh so you have two of them?
Me: No, I have three. One is for overlanding.

lol

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot

Not sure that I’d want to give up that much volume...but it looks better on this than the F150
Sponsored