Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Someone started a thread about how the tonneau for the Canyon/Colorado is a perfect fit for the Gladiator. The shell/cap for my Canyon was $3700 so the pricing for the RLD is comparable.
Did yers come with a roof rack or was that separate?
Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Did yers come with a roof rack or was that separate?
I did not order a roof rack. While cheaper A.R.E. caps were available for the Canyon/Colorado sooner, I waited for Snugtop to come out with theirs. It took about 2 years after the Gen 2 Canyon/Colorado was introduced. I would expect a similar time frame if they ever make one for the Gladiator.

Snug2.jpg

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I’m pretty sure we’ve seen the rld canopy... there are pictures of it and commentary already. The primary talking point is the price... :surprised:
I think that's the first Gladiator-specific one we've seen though, right? I don't think they've made one yet, hence the render.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
The RLD design is great. It’s made out of Stainless Steel and can support an insane amount of weight for a rtt.
I am waiting for a company like Alu-Cab to come out with their aluminum version which I have head rumors is in the works...
This is the main canopy in use in Africa on their rental safari trucks.

Last edited:

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The RLD design is great. It’s made out of Stainless Steel and can support an insane amount of weight for a rtt.
I am waiting for a company like Lau-Cab to come out with their aluminum version which I have head rumors is in the works...
This is the main canopy in use in Africa on their rental safari trucks.

Don't get me wrong. I like the rld but it's expensive if you want the roof rack and side compartments. Also it's too hot if'n i want to put the dog in there. So this safari one interests me a lot. How much do you think it'll cost?

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Don't get me wrong. I like the rld but it's expensive if you want the roof rack and side compartments. Also it's too hot if'n i want to put the dog in there. So this safari one interests me a lot. How much do you think it'll cost?
Unfortunately it’s made in South Africa so with shipping I wouldn’t be surprised if it was North of $3K.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Someone started a thread about how the tonneau for the Canyon/Colorado is a perfect fit for the Gladiator. The shell/cap for my Canyon was $3700 so the pricing for the RLD is comparable.
What brand shell/cap? That rld is just a metal topper, doesn't have shelves or anything.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

I just received a reply from OK4WD who is the US distributor on the East Coast for Alu-Cab and here is what they said about the Alu-Cab canopy for the Gladiator...

Jim Oostdyk <[email protected]>
9:45 AM (3 hours ago)
Jeep Gladiator Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me! {filename}

Jeep Gladiator Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me! {filename}

to me, [email protected], [email protected]

Hi Eddie,
Alu-Cab is transitioning into a simple order form for the canopy camper which will make it less confusing to order. We just received this data last week and are working on adding it to our website next week once we have all the details finalized. For now you can check out our current listing if you want to get some information https://ok4wd.com/brands/alucab/alu-cab-canopy-camper-base-model

We will have the Canopy Camper for the Gladiator out soon as I don't have a definitive date yet but it should be this fall.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

All the best,
Jim
------

This is definitely what I'll be going with as i know from the abuse we've given them these things can take some serious use.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I just received a reply from OK4WD who is the US distributor on the East Coast for Alu-Cab and here is what they said about the Alu-Cab canopy for the Gladiator...

Hi Eddie,
Alu-Cab is transitioning into a simple order form for the canopy camper which will make it less confusing to order. We just received this data last week and are working on adding it to our website next week once we have all the details finalized. For now you can check out our current listing if you want to get some information https://ok4wd.com/brands/alucab/alu-cab-canopy-camper-base-model

We will have the Canopy Camper for the Gladiator out soon as I don't have a definitive date yet but it should be this fall.

All the best,
Jim
------

This is definitely what I'll be going with as i know from the abuse we've given them these things can take some serious use.
That will be a very nice setup!

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hi Eddie,

All the best,
Jim
------

Wow that is really nice! And only 9.5k! What a steal. BTW stealing it will be the only way i'll get one. That price about knocked me off my balance board.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Where did you get that price?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Oh I see.
I'm not going to get the camper just the canopy...should be a lot less.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited