First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Does anybody have a solution yet for tow mirrors for the JT? I have a Jayco travel trailer and can not see behind it while towing.. I have tried the Rampage mirror extensions but they do not extend far enough out to see behind the travel trailer. I have also tried the strap on mirrors but they keep falling off. Why can't someone make a real solution for this problem I need a real solution any suggestions?
Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I purchased the Jk mirrors on Amazon. There's a whole thread in the Towing, Trailering, Flat Towing forum here about this.

There's a guy there, Thorne Engineering, that makes an adapter that will fit our JTs perfectly.

I did this route and the whole schmegeggie cost me around $80 (?) don't remember how much the adapters were. They fit very well and, don't vibrate so your view is clear.

Here's the mirrors I bought...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BZQZCN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
:LOL: The admins moved this from the General Gladiator forum to here whilst I was typing my reply...

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Cheap - Wireless camera and phone app or dedicated screen. About $130 on Amazon. Search "wireless trailer camera".

More costly - the Insane Audio head unit has 4, I think, camera inputs.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I have a 7ft wide cargo trailer that I pull. Currently I have the strap on mirrors, CIPA 11950 Clip-On Towing Mirror Black & Silver, 15.75 Inch https://a.co/gOK1PGP I cross the straps and haven't had an issue yet. Vision is ok, but not what I'm used too. Last 2 tow rigs were full size with factory tow mirrors.
But I've been thinking about adding a camera to the back of the trailer. Just have to figure out what setup.

Sponsored

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Get the Thorn mirrors -- they're amazing and the developer, who is incredibly responsive and helpful, is on this forum!

Here's his info

I don't know if posting the link is allowed or not, but here's the ebay page for his adaptors: ebay link

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
if you have an 8' wide rig there is no way to "see behind" that you are going to find, even w 7' wide trailers it's not really even gona happen. .

The best set up for a JT is the thorn set up with JK mirrors and a back up camera wired to the running lights circuit.

With that you can see down the sides, and directly rearward/behind you. This is what I use.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
if you have an 8' wide rig there is no way to "see behind" that you are going to find, even w 7' wide trailers it's not really even gona happen. .

The best set up for a JT is the thorn set up with JK mirrors and a back up camera wired to the running lights circuit.

With that you can see down the sides, and directly rearward/behind you. This is what I use.
My trailer is 7 1/2' wide. My mirrors (the JKs with the Thorne adapters) actually gives me enough side view to be able to change lanes when necessary (which ain't often). I don't need to see what's directly behind me, just what's coming up on the sides and make my judgement (which is usually to stay put) as to whether to change lanes.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Can one of you with the Thorne adapters take a picture with a tape measure against the mirrors?
I'd like to see how far out the outer edge of the mirror is. I'd be interested in a setup if the mirrors are out further than the set I'm currently using.
Thanks.

Primer Gray

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Industrial Designer
I heard that MSA (Aussie based) is looking into the possibility of making a version of their mirrors for the North American JL/JT.

I think their design would be a really good fit on our trucks if they get their interface design right.

B106BEEA-E6F3-4D39-BA8A-A7F965F96ADC.jpeg

F17DAAC1-FF3E-4A85-A1DD-D81E9DD53783.jpeg

1B93B355-527E-4721-92DA-FF673CFF542D.jpeg

Sponsored

sep

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland 2015 Wrangler JK
Occupation
Manager

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Cheap - Wireless camera and phone app or dedicated screen. About $130 on Amazon. Search "wireless trailer camera".

More costly - the Insane Audio head unit has 4, I think, camera inputs.
I was looking at these. Anyone have any recommendations?

OP
OP

Sarge21

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I have finally found a good option for tow mirrors for the Gladiator. I tow a 29 foot Jayco travel trailer and these mirrors are great. They extend up to 21 inches from the window. They are easy to install and are very stable with only a slight vibration at high speeds. I got them on Amazon . The part number is CIPA 11650 Door Mount Towing Mirror , Black
Jeep Gladiator Tow mirrors options? tempImagee9hC6q
Jeep Gladiator Tow mirrors options? tempImagee9hC6q
Jeep Gladiator Tow mirrors options? tempImageOgl1mU
Jeep Gladiator Tow mirrors options? tempImage6wJonR
Jeep Gladiator Tow mirrors options? tempImageim4sHE
Jeep Gladiator Tow mirrors options? tempImageWlt6dV

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I have finally found a good option for tow mirrors for the Gladiator. I tow a 29 foot Jayco travel trailer and these mirrors are great. They extend up to 21 inches from the window. They are easy to install and are very stable with only a slight vibration at high speeds. I got them on Amazon . The part number is CIPA 11650 Door Mount Towing Mirror , Black
tempImagee9hC6q.png
tempImagee9hC6q.png
tempImageOgl1mU.png
tempImage6wJonR.png
tempImageim4sHE.png
tempImageWlt6dV.png
Neat, but I'd be concerned about the door paint getting messed up on the clip and buckle areas. Especially if they vibrate at speed. All it takes is for them to turn slightly and you could have marring or scratching. Is there something there to prevent that?
Sponsored