Sponsored

Tow Mirrors - Thorn-Engineering Adapters & Rampage JK Tow Mirrors

windyridge89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingray Gladiator Maxtow
I do happen to have the euro mirrors with the side turns and i believe the newer high altitude models have them. I originally swapped them out for the convex mirrors to help with towing. I just got done with 3000mile trip and just a little extra would be great for the long hauls.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
If someone with the Euro/Turn Signal mirrors could take a few pictures with a tape measure trying to measure the "bump-out" I can use that to get a good idea on if a redesign will be needed.

Thanks!

T. Andrew Horn
Thorn-Engineering

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
I'm upgrading to a wider trailer that I pick up next weekend and these should come in handy, thanks! Order placed.

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
I'm upgrading to a wider trailer that I pick up next weekend and these should come in handy, thanks! Order placed.
Ryan,

Thanks for the order, they will go out this morning.

T. Andrew Horn
Thorn-Engineering

windyridge89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingray Gladiator Maxtow
If someone with the Euro/Turn Signal mirrors could take a few pictures with a tape measure trying to measure the "bump-out" I can use that to get a good idea on if a redesign will be needed.

Thanks!

T. Andrew Horn
Thorn-Engineering
Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Thorn-Engineering Adapters & Rampage JK Tow Mirrors 20220419_153540

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Thorn-Engineering Adapters & Rampage JK Tow Mirrors 20220419_153616 (1)

Sponsored

DavidBT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Happily Retired
I just received this exact set up and look and fit great on my max tow. Went to pick up our new travel trailer today, and of course it had issues that my wife and I decided they needed to fix before we would take it off the lot. I would like to thank thorn engineering for the quick delivery.

Diggs9

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2008 Toyota Tundra dblcab 4x4
Occupation
wood worker
Vehicle Showcase
just ordered the mirrors from Amazon and the Thorn adapters from ebay. Picking up the new trailer in about a week. Very happy to finally find tow mirrors to work with the JT. I 'll post pictures when it all comes together.

tjd2003

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude Ecodiesel

Thanks!

T. Andrew Horn
Thorn-Engineering
Any update on if the adapters will work with these mirrors? I have a High Altitude with them and I’d lIke to get a set of these.

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Any update on if the adapters will work with these mirrors? I have a High Altitude with them and I’d lIke to get a set of these.
Guys/Girls,

The current mirror adapters will not work with the Euro Mirrors. I've got to figure out how to get a mirror or find someone in the area who has them so I can design to them. I've rather picky about fit/finish, so I won't be doing it freehand. Busy time of the year, so I will do my best to get this addressed. Please let me know if anyone is close to Oak Harbor, Ohio with this style mirror.

Thanks!

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Guys/Girls,

The current mirror adapters will not work with the Euro Mirrors. I've got to figure out how to get a mirror or find someone in the area who has them so I can design to them. I've rather picky about fit/finish, so I won't be doing it freehand. Busy time of the year, so I will do my best to get this addressed. Please let me know if anyone is close to Oak Harbor, Ohio with this style mirror.

Thanks!
See if someone double side tape a quarter next to the turn signal and lidar scan with their phone.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Andy just to overload you a bit, but if there was a mount or bracket that would fit on the door hinge when doors are off that would allow people to use your mirrors with an additional mount. Almost a flat piece the two clamps could grab….just saying……Jack

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Andy just to overload you a bit, but if there was a mount or bracket that would fit on the door hinge when doors are off that would allow people to use your mirrors with an additional mount. Almost a flat piece the two clamps could grab….just saying……Jack
Jack,

I've actually thought about that idea before, just never ran with it. The strap and strapping it becomes the challenge if my memory serves me correctly. Don't need these things falling off on a trail! Thanks!

T. Andrew Horn
Thorn-Engineering

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
has anyone done a how-to video yet?

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
has anyone done a how-to video yet?
Don,

Here ya go. Completely unsolicited video. Let me know if you have any other questions.

T. Andrew Horn
Thorn-Engineering

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Web Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my mirrors from Amazon and adapter from eBay. Still waiting for my JT to arrive, but when it does, I'll be ready. :) Thanks!!!
Sponsored