Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
https://www.eaz-lift.com/cheeses

The EZ Lift Recurve is an excellent weight distribution hitch with built in sway control with higher ground clearance and really smart design.
Sponsored

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
Just towed my 22’ Airstream, (around 4500#s) across country from FL to CA. I went with the ProPride WD hitch after not using the WD hitch and using one the difference was huge. I was definitely white knuckling it without the hitch when I would get hit with heavy cross winds, the trailer would sway . As far as pulling, did well on all the highways. A couple times we went on some mountainous switchback roads with steep grades, where you have the signs telling trucks to find alternate routes, Im not going to lie, I did wish I had a little more power for pulling but it just rev’d loud enough for my wife to ask if everything was fine and the truck kept pulling.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Fellow Gladiator towers,

It was suggested that I share this solution on the "Towing and Trailering" forum.

Months before I ever received/purchased my Gladiator (impatiently waited), I started looking for tow mirrors as I know how difficult it was to see around my 2-place enclosed snowmobile trailer with my JKUUR. This issue was resolved on my JKUR with a purchase from Rampage Products and their 8605 Tow Mirrors. I loved them, but unfortunately FCA changed the mirror design from JK to JL and eventually JT. This rendered them useless and after contacting Rampage, there was no plan on designing an updated tow mirror for our new mirrors.

I resolved the issue by designing and 3D printing adapters for the JK Rampage tow mirrors, allowing them to be used on JT/JLs. A lot of forum members have purchased and successfully used them as you can see in m original thread:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-adapters-for-jt-jl.30324/page-6#post-532109

Here are some pictures of the design:

Final 1.jpg

Final 2.jpg

Sets can be purchased on eBay at:

http://ebay.us/xt4sVi?cmpnId=5338273189

Please keep in mind and as noted in the item description, these are for the adapters only. The Rampage Mirror (P/N 8605) need to be purchased sepearately from Quadratec, Amazon, or other suppliers.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING
And there it is! Don't leave home without them.

Gladiator in my dreams

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 1997 Land Rover Defender, 2018 Q7 Audi
Occupation
Reitired
You guys towing with cruise control on, up and down hills? Ive heard some vehicle manufacturers dont want you to tow with it on, especially in the rain. Ive been towing a 22’ Airstream across country, through some heavy rain, and its worked great for me but haven't seen an answer to this question.
Sponsored